Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:39 AM
I. AM. SO. JEALOUS. OMG.

i guess it just came out earlier in Australia then here... i talked to the electronics guy at work tonight and he said we hadn't even gotten our shipment in. i wonder if they were supposed to put it out or if they just did... :D

do you think that you could take pictures of the toddler clothes? like a print screen? and maybe a close up of the toddler activity table? thanks!

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:39 AM
omg i can't wait to get mine
#28 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:42 AM
Oh, have you had any chance to experiment with the secondary aspiration thing? How do you go about getting a second, and how does it work? Are the wants simply a mix of ones from the old two, are there entirely new wants, what?
Scholar
#29 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:49 AM
Please oh PLEASE tell me that groovy music from the preview is the actual start-up music..

kthnx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starfish of Terror
I am flipping out right now. The architect table is so COOL. 8D And I love, love the idea of parenting books -- plus the "check on baby" option is awesome, since I hate having to guess what the baby's motives are. Are there any new weights or anything for the fitness hobby, asides from the exercycle? =D

Sorry, only the exercyle
#31 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:12 AM
Less chat more pics! Go start a thread in the pics forum and spam it up. Well...post 4 pics, and we'll spam to give you room for more pics!
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop
The career reward for the architect is a drafting table and you can draft your own pictures. It is preloaded with some thumbnails but I'm pretty sure you'd be able to add your own pics to it.

Those are the pictures from Pets, are there any other pictures besides that?

BUT ANYWAYS! I'm STILL Excited! I Want mine now!

#33 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:25 AM
I got mine today too, had to wait till after work and planning on installing it tonight after I get a few backups and stuff out of the way.

Awesome seeing the screenshots of the genie and all the info. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:26 AM
FrootLoop are you in North QLD ? Cause i am and i just my free time game too... (i love Australia LOL)

my stories:
Something Lost
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:30 AM
Wow, this is just amazing as hell!!! I think this is bound to be the best EP in my opinion! I am just floored with all these new options! Parenting skill is just awesome, that way if I decide not to use the Insimenator, I can still know the baby's lowest need to fill! Though, if you think about it, this feature is something that should have been included in the base game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by photo
I. AM. SO. JEALOUS. OMG.

i guess it just came out earlier in Australia then here... i talked to the electronics guy at work tonight and he said we hadn't even gotten our shipment in. i wonder if they were supposed to put it out or if they just did... :D

do you think that you could take pictures of the toddler clothes? like a print screen? and maybe a close up of the toddler activity table? thanks!

OK, a few pics of the cloyhes and the drawing table. I thought you were supposed to be able to put the kids drawings up on the fridge or something but when an adult interacts with the table all they're able to do is scrap the drawings or clean up. I tried cleaning up, hoping the pics would go into her inventory, but no luck
#37 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:57 AM
Wow, thanks for posting all of that. Did you try going into your Sims inventory yourself and picking up the picture from the table?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
Oh, have you had any chance to experiment with the secondary aspiration thing? How do you go about getting a second, and how does it work? Are the wants simply a mix of ones from the old two, are there entirely new wants, what?

To get the secondary aspiration you have to experience events (such as having a child and getting married) to get Lifetime Aspiration points then go to the rewards panel and choose to spend those points on benefits, much the same as the OFB benefits when your business goes up a level.
Scholar
#39 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:05 AM
awww look at the baby coloring...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
Please oh PLEASE tell me that groovy music from the preview is the actual start-up music..

kthnx

The start up music is pretty funky, but since I've only started the game once so far I couldn't say if it was the same as from the preview, but most likely it is
Scholar
#41 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:07 AM
SCORE! I bet it is, I just checked out of my own curiosity and the music for the Season's preview is the same as the start up music for Seasons (seasons is my latest EP).

I am officially a happy camper. Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions!
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:10 AM
Did you use moveObjects to pick up the drawings? Either way this all looks great. And I'm so glad you're sharing with us! Thank you once again FrootLoop! Are there any other aspiration rewards we should know about? What does the first one under Work say? Something about vactions?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leos_pride
FrootLoop are you in North QLD ? Cause i am and i just my free time game too... (i love Australia LOL)

Nope, I'm on the NSW/VIC border. We seem to have gotten the EP's a few days before their official dates the last few times now :D

Other things I noticed while playing for a few minutes...heaps of drop ins and phone calls (hoping someone will hack that), and you can read articles in the newspaper about your particular hobby once you've built up some enthusiasm.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:13 AM
LOL..i love catching the bugs. LOL..the sim "Natasha Una" caught some and got chased by bee's.
How did you get the Genie and lamp?

my stories:
Something Lost
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
Wow, thanks for posting all of that. Did you try going into your Sims inventory yourself and picking up the picture from the table?

Thanks heavenz, that's exactly what I had to do. Now I was able to put it on the wall, but not the fridge.

Also, here's a pic of the computer that gets left at your door. It's pretty cool.

Edit: I have no idea why the bottom picture looks like that. It's just supposed to be a pic of the kids drawing on the wall. I just used the in game camera so I must have clicked on a setting.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:26 AM
OMG its TEH BUNNIEZ! xD And that's a crazy drawing, Froot. The bunny looks so EVIL! GAWD, I want my hands on this so badly. Can I teleport myself to your house? XD

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop
Thanks heavenz, that's exactly what I had to do. Now I was able to put it on the wall, but not the fridge.

They said on the live chat thingy that it couldn't be put on fridges..kinda sad really. (it would look so cute)

my stories:
Something Lost
#48 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:26 AM
Frootloop, can you explain quickly what the benefits are in the pic you posted? :D
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leos_pride
They said on the live chat thingy that it couldn't be put on fridges..kinda sad really. (it would look so cute)

Well you could use moveObjects on and snapObjectstogrid false... but I think the fridge would be blocked, and then the sim will probably yell at you and stuff saying "SHOOFLEE!"

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:47 AM
Default Spoilers!!!
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Did you use moveObjects to pick up the drawings? Either way this all looks great. And I'm so glad you're sharing with us! Thank you once again FrootLoop! Are there any other aspiration rewards we should know about? What does the first one under Work say? Something about vactions?

OK, here's a heap of spoilers about the Lifetime Aspiration Benefits.

The first two columns are always the same, motive and work, then the third column is your main aspiration and the fourth column is your secondary aspiration. Keep in mind that the bottom benefit in the last column is where you've actually chosen your secondary aspiration, it's not a benefit in itself except in that you now have a secondary aspiration (not sure how clear I made that but hopefully you'll work it out)

The motive column is all about having your motives decays slower. Pretty self explanatory I think

The work column has:
build vacation days quicker
career chance cards have an 80% chance of going in your favour
friend requirement for promotion reduced by one
ability to plead for job if fired

The fortune column has:
salary bump
slower fun/comfort decay
can give financial advice on computer to earn more money
playing the stock market with a chance each day of making a profit or a loss

The family column has:
ability to make comfort soup which cures illness and raise comfort
slower fun/comfort decay
ability to plead with social worker if they try to take kids
super fertility

The knowledge column has:
slower social/fun decay
ability to impart knowledge to other sims
faster learning by using both sides of the brain
summon aliens

Will let you know others as I come across them

And I'm more than happy to share anything I can. I know how frustrating it is waiting until you can get it yourself
Page 2 of 18