Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 5:48 AM
Default My jaw sliders will not work...
Hey, so I recently downloaded some sliders (baby mouth/dobby ears/big lips cyberyeezus for af) and they worked just fine in the game, however my jaw sliders are no longer working... I have mastercontroller, and have plenty of sliders that work just fine, I've never had this problem. I removed them from my packages folder, cleared all caches and restarted. I successfully removed the new sliders, but still not able to use any jaw sliders. Can anybody help me? Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 6:46 AM
I had a fairly similar experience with those same sliders ( minus the ear ones, I didn't snag those). They worked , and just for af as you said, not yaf or anything else but they killed many of my other mouth and lip sliders until I pulled them and I haven't noticed if any other sliders are still not functioning, but I haven't really checked that many. Now you've got me curious. They're these http://cyberryeezus.tumblr.com/tagged/dl if anyone is wondering.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 10:58 AM
Yeah, its a shame they were nice sliders. I've taken them all out and still no luck, I have only noticed issues with the jaw sliders so far... soo frustrating hahah. Best of luck xx
Alchemist
#4 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 4:37 PM
For the record, some sliders are designed only for certain genders. OneEuroMutt sometimes posts sliders that are male or female only; these sliders show up under both genders but only affect one.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
For the record, some sliders are designed only for certain genders. OneEuroMutt sometimes posts sliders that are male or female only; these sliders show up under both genders but only affect one.

Yes! But they have stopped my jaw sliders from working on all genders and ages. They were working the way they should've only for adult females but disabled my jaw sliders. So I removed them from my packages folder, and they're no longer in my game however my jaw sliders are still not working for any age/gender. Im not sure what to do...
Alchemist
#6 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 6:10 AM
Have you tried removing your cache files?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:37 AM
Have you tried removing your cache files?

Still no luck been working on this for awhile now please let me know if anybody knows how to resolve this... Should i remove all my sliders and put them back in? Please help!! I need my jaw sliders ahhaha
Alchemist
#8 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 12:15 PM
Answer: remove the sliders that cause issues, they're probably broken.
They only work for one gender and age group, so IMO they're not worth keeping.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:28 PM
Answer: remove the sliders that cause issues, they're probably broken.
They only work for one gender and age group, so IMO they're not worth keeping.

This is what Louloulexi seem to be saying.
Removing the new ones has been done already. But the jaw ones still won't work.
I would advise you to do just as you thought...remove all sliders from your game,...then put them all back in. (maybe not the new ones though..obviously)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#10 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:57 PM
louloulexi didn't mention whether they deleted the cache files, though. Sometimes this can solve issues with leftover bits of info and it's also a measure that people don't really take for some reason, even though it's among the easiest things you can do.

@louloulexi, have you tried removing your cache files and all mods and CC, and starting a new game? Do you experience the same problem?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:44 AM
Ive removed all cache files yes, no luck. I havent tried removing all my cc yet though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 3:24 AM
Ok when i remove all cc from packages folder... the jaw sliders work again. Do i have to go through one by one? Have done once before for another cc issue and was a 6 hour job...
Site Helper
#13 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 5:21 AM
If you remember to keep clearing the cache, a binary search would work faster than one by one.

(That's where you put half in and test. If it works, the bad CC is in the other half. If not, it's in this half.
Divide the half with the bad CC in half, and test. If it works, your bad CC is now in the group that is not in the game. If not, your bad CC is in the group you just put in the game.
Rinse and repeat until you've gotten down to a group of 2 files. Test one. If it works, the other one is bad. If not, this one is. And if you have a suspicion that there may be more than one bad file, check both groups each time you test.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 6:10 AM
Alright thank you guys!!!! Means a lot
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 9:55 PM
resolved, the issue seemed to be with cmar's mod for tattoos... im not sure why it only started conflicting after downloading the other sliders though hm...
Site Helper
#16 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:02 AM
At least sliders and tattoos both affect a sim's appearance. It makes a bit more sense than some of the other conflicts I've seen. (Including the old bug where having a Special seed in your inventory prevented you from fishing or using a fridge.)

Glad you could figure it out.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook