Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 11:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Sims 3 Freezing & Crashing
So my Sims 3 has been a good little game until recently, and by that I mean maybe a day or two ago? It started freezing and crashing to the desktop in random spots like when I load a family and their lot or even in town edit mode. I tried what I could think of and recently tried to edit the GraphicsCard file where Sims 3 was installed (I have it via Origin by the way).

I tried what I said above and I could play a tad longer but still did the same thing, I been using Delphy's Sims3Dashboard and while it has helped in the past for minor loading problems it doesn't help in this situation. I also tried deleting the cache files and it loads faster but still end result. See a pattern here? One of my other questions was if the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) method worked for any of you guys? Some reason even with tutorials I still can't get it to work for me the whole DEP route.

While this is being looked into I'm going to try the lengthy route of seeing if CC is the issue too.

Now for the fun stuff, the computer specs!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 5:29 AM
TS3 is supposed to be DEP compliant automatically since one of the later patches (1.63 or something around there) with no user intervention needed.

You might be on the right track with your CC quest. But how many EPs do you have in play and which ones? Your computer has integrated graphics, not a dedicated card. One can only push the game so far on integrated before it pushes back kind of hard and especially with only 4 GB of RAM installed.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...nboard_Graphics
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
TS3 is supposed to be DEP compliant automatically since one of the later patches (1.63 or something around there) with no user intervention needed.

You might be on the right track with your CC quest. But how many EPs do you have in play and which ones? Your computer has integrated graphics, not a dedicated card. One can only push the game so far on integrated before it pushes back kind of hard and especially with only 4 GB of RAM installed.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...nboard_Graphics

Ah I see, thanks for telling me that about the DEP!

Also hopefully it works out that it might just be my CC and nothing else. For the amount of EP's / Stuff Packs I have ten that I play all together that are enabled in my game. And do you think I should not play Sims 3? Would it fry my graphics card? I don't want risk that kind of thing and wait to get a new computer while I'm stuck on my shitty laptop again. But if saving my desktop means not playing the game, I won't.

I know it's up to me in the end but I just like suggestions.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 5:46 PM
There are many players who sim on integrated. But there are limits as to what you can do there as the link I provided suggests. As for the EPs, I would think that the heaviest ones (Pets, Seasons, IP, ITF) would cause the most problems ranging from graphics glitches to freezes and crashes. You would have to keep the graphics settings in Game Options quite low regardless. Not sure that long running multi-generational games would really be a possibility.

I wouldn't play TS3 with more than the first four released EPs on integrated myself. Others have taken the game further than that, hopefully they will speak up here and add to the collection of tips above. But technically you don't have a graphics card to fry, you have an integrated chip that if pushed too hard can cause your system to be prone to overheating and other forms of damage such as to your system board.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There are many players who sim on integrated. But there are limits as to what you can do there as the link I provided suggests. As for the EPs, I would think that the heaviest ones (Pets, Seasons, IP, ITF) would cause the most problems ranging from graphics glitches to freezes and crashes. You would have to keep the graphics settings in Game Options quite low regardless. Not sure that long running multi-generational games would really be a possibility.

I wouldn't play TS3 with more than the first four released EPs on integrated myself. Others have taken the game further than that, hopefully they will speak up here and add to the collection of tips above. But technically you don't have a graphics card to fry, you have an integrated chip that if pushed too hard can cause your system to be prone to overheating and other forms of damage such as to your system board.

I did take a look at it. And yea I'd have to agree with Pets and Seasons being the heaviest ones. I don't have to worry TO much because I don't have IP or ITF, but I'll still be careful. And I think I have most settings on medium, maybe sim detail is the highest one. I could put the settings to low until I take pictures and what not so I don't put too much stress on my computer.

Oh really? Well I'll see if I can cut back to that or make my settings low at the least. Like you see I'm not tech savvy but that is interesting, besides the fact that it could overheat. I'll be careful if I decide to keep my game since I don't want the system board ruined. If anything I can stick to just Sims 2 & 4 if I'm really worried. Hopefully others will speak up like you said.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 6:28 PM
So..I will speak up, I am some other.
I have this old computer, I have everything Sims 2 on it, and for the sims 3, I have all EP's except for ITF, and all SP's except for Fast Lane and Katy Perry.
Only sims 2 shows graphical glitches though, sims 3 have yet to show anything weird. I can play for hours, it will crash at times though..either lack of RAM..but I am on 32 bit machine.
I have 26 NRaas mods in total, Ohterwise my Packages folder weight 2.25 GIG, my Overrides one is 297MB.
I also use sims3pack files, and for them...I am afraid I cannot tell how many have been installed, but I never leave them in the Downloads folder once they have been installed.
I do not upload anything, so I also clean up the DCBackup folder as soon as I am done with installing new sims3packs.
I just wish..lag would not be present..but apparently, even with a super powerful computer, others are still experiencing lags. So I'll just consider myself lucky, for being able to enjoy my games on that supposedly crappy desktop...for as long as it lives.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm not sure what is going on here. Check your device config to see how much RAM you really have for your system.

I'm not sure either, now that you mention it. Could it be that this is how DeviceConfig reports when you shove 8 GB into a machine with a 32-bit OS?
Site Helper
#10 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
lol I was in a hurry, didn't see it was a 32-bit Win 7. Why would anyone install a 32-bit version of Win 7?

Because it cost a lot less than the 64-bit version.
Or the store simply said the new PC came pre-installed "with Windows 7."
Or you have a 32-bit processor and are tired of Vista second-guessing every little thing you want to do. Or you simply need to upgrade from XP now that it's no longer supported.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook