Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:27 PM Last edited by gittevdv : 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:42 PM.
Default I need a little bit feedback for my 'The lamp-' posepack.
Hi!

I started making a new posepack, I've already made 3 good-loocking poses, but with the 4th...

All my poses before where very..simple. but with this pose, the sim must sit on the ground, up her knees...

I officially hate feet...It looks terrible, and totally un-realistic.

Has someone tips or suggestions for these stupid knees and feet?

edit:

Because me and patience isn't a good combination, I did further with the knees.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Arsil : 2nd Apr 2015 at 5:09 PM.
The one I did looks bad too, so I don't have much advice for you.
Mine also looks bad in the knees' area with bare legged Sims.
EDIT: I tried rotating the calf to help with the feet/ankles but that only worsened the knees' issue.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:56 PM
I am at work, but will be glad to offer suggestions when I get home.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 5:16 PM
Nice Spladoum! I will waithing for it

I started with a next pose for the posepack, it's a couple pose with this one and I just leave it like it is on the second screen...

@Arsil,

By the second screen I put the body forward and the bottom to after, in that way you don't must do the knees to folded, and it's looking a little bit better.
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 5:50 PM
Oh, hey, since we are here, I was thinking about something. Sorry for going OT.

I personally use MilkShape, not sure about spladoum, I don't know how it works with Blender.
We got a rigfile for adults. Do you think we can combine the data in the rigfile (it's a text file)
with the info contained in the modifierBodyTeen BOND resource in FullBuild0 to try to get a
teen rigfile? Some time ago I tried to see if the names of the joints/bones matched but didn't
seem they do (sorry for my English, I know that was poorly phrased). On the other hand this
is not really my cup of tea, so maybe if someone who understand how these things work read
about this he/she could get to the bottom of it.

Not that I'm itching to make teen animations, but it's for science! ^^
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:53 PM
gittevdv,
I've included a photo of the last kneeling pose I made. My joints have the same issue, but as the sim is kneeling, the ankles/feet aren't the focus. I know that's not the most elegant solution, but as long as the finished product doesn't have pronounced warping in the joints, I wouldn't be too fussed.

Arsil,
A lot of people have been clamoring for a while for a teen rig, but to the best of my knowledge, one hasn't been made because the game automatically does the scaling of the bones/body to make a teenager from an adult's skeleton. My general way of making a "teen" to pose with is scale an adult rig down by 5% on the X/Y axis (not Z because then the rig is thinner than it would be in game). Again, that's not an optimal answer because the body will deform in Milkshape as you move the joints to pose (the fingers, particularly, don't pose well after scaling), but it'll at least help you position your rig correctly if all you want is a teen body's positioning.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 3:28 PM Last edited by gittevdv : 3rd Apr 2015 at 6:30 PM.
I leave the feet how they are...But when I fold the knees far as it can, in real, the top and the bottom of the legs are clipping...But when I bow a little bit with the other parts of the body, it looks...Acceptable.

edit:

These 2 poses are ready, or in any case acceptable :D

Her knees are looking nice