Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 2:17 AM
Default Simbot can't invent or make any widgets.
Help me with this. From all my googlin', it seems to be a glitch others have experienced but nobody has addressed or offered a solution to.

I have a Simbot purchased with Lifetime Reward points. The Simbot is at level 3 Inventing, level 8 Handiness. He should be able to make seven different items. However, he can make none. I've had him pounding away at the Scraptastic table, trying to "Invent," but all it does is waste scrap and nothing ever gets invented.

It seems, if what I read from requests for help (that were not answered) on TS3 and Carl's Guide, that if a Sim learns the Inventing Skill before using the Scraptastic table, that they never gain the ability to invent the usual widgets. Two people said that they never got any option to make anything.

Is there a solution to this? The only thing I can think of is to clear his Invention level and have him start over from scratch Dabbling, but that seems like an awful waste of time and a pain in the ass.

I have all the EP's except Pets and Showtime, and am all patched up to 1.29. I have Twallan's custom content installed, and don't relish the idea of removing it and screwing up my neighborhood just to test that if there's already a well-known solution to this.

Everything else seems to be working fine.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:25 PM
If you have Twallan's stuff installed, one of them has a feature to reset and correct buggy skills meter (or not progressing at all), right? Are you saying it didn't work in your case?

I can't remember which one, off the top of my head, but I'm sure his FAQ answers this question as like you said it is a common problem. I'm pretty certain the mod is Overwatch, though. I'll go brush up my Google-fu and confirm.

Oh, does it affect only this Sim? Other Sims in the same Household are fine? Other Households' Sims too?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 1:52 AM
I've installed Overwatch since posting that.

The Simbot is learning how to make Widgets, but not the early widgets, only higher order ones. Apparently, they are only unlocked by actually learning.

A good test of this I just thought of now... I could try maxing the Inventing skill of some other member of a household using a cheat and see if it unlocks any widgets to make.