Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 11:28 AM
Default Most Glitch Filled Game You've Played?
What is the most bug filled, glitchy as hell game you have played? And how sever were the glitches?

I'm not sure which game it would be right now and I kinda don't want to jinx it. I've considered myself lucky in the past, as when people would talk about game breaking glitches I couldn't really empathise as I was lucky enough to not be hit with anything more than the occasional freezing.

That was until Fallout: New Vegas came along. I haven't encountered any save files being corrupted yet (touch wood), but in the few days I've owned the game I've encountered glitches that have rendered me unable to complete several quests as well as getting a follower, another follower that was incredibly helpful now not following me no matter what I do, one of the arenas you can visit not having the players fight and the loss of a couple of items. As well as this, there have been a few smaller ones like it freezing once, a few animals sinking into the ground, a couple of enemies not dying, being locked into a room and some dialogue bugs. If you were to go on the Fallout series' Wikia, you'd find many articles for locations, characters and quests have long lists of glitches.

It's a pity, as if the game didn't have so many problems I'd rate it in my top ten.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 8:04 PM
Actually, the Sims games are the glitchiest games I've played. I've gotten the occasional glitch on a variety of RPGs, and while they are generally more devastating in story-driven games, preventing you from advancing, I get a lot more glitches from Sims 2 and Sims 3. Some of it can be chalked up to cheating and modding, but some of it simply happens, and much more frequently than other games I play.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 11:14 PM
New Vegas is certainly the most buggy in recent memory but the most buggy I have ever played would be a tossup between Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and Ultima IX Ascension.

The former had a number of bugs at launch, one which prevented the game's completion until it was fixed by a community patch.

The latter was so buggy on release that EA sent all owners a patch CD (this was before the days of high speed internet) and a free copy of Ultima Online to soothe the community furor about the game being released in such a state.

Specific to my situation the most frustrating bugs I'm currently experiencing are with Civilization V. Have installed it on fresh OS installs, etc but I get crashes ever 10 mins of play. So very very frustrating.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 11:58 PM
Hellgate London

When it was released, the online multiplayer could be very frustrating. Especially when you would clear an area only to be randomly teleported back to the subway station. Many days it was just unplayable. Such a shame as the graphics were lovely and I had really looked forward to that game.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 1:53 AM
I agree with Oaktree (though I haven't actually played that many games, so maybe it's a bit of an unfair bias). But there are some truly frustrating glitches in the Sims games. Bon Voyage is one of the worst for me. Even with the patch, my Sims still get stuck in the most unfortunate places (like the hotel pool).
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 7:35 AM
Caterpillar construction tycoon. Crashes every 5-10 minutes animations start then are missing. Building styls get messed up. Save system is corrupted, sound is corrupted sometimes. One mission is bugged that you can't beat it. And the ui mis represents some buttons, one says something and if you click it you delete that object. Don't even think about buying it.

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 8:01 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 31st Dec 2010 at 10:19 AM.
Hands down it's The Sims 3.

(If I narrow it down to EPs it's definitely World Adventures)

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#8 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 9:57 AM
New Vegas or Late Night for sure.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 3:54 PM
Sims 3 is the glitchiest game I have ever owned.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#10 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 3:57 PM
Fallout 3 then Sims 3. Totally unnacceptable levels of sloppiness.

Fallout 3 froze on the intro sequence on my first ever play.
Thats about 20 seconds.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 3:25 PM
Gothic 3 - Götterdämmerung (forsaken gods)

The game was developed by a little studio in India, Trine Games. They hadn't the time to figure out the game code correctly.

The result are cows with 5 heads, NPCs without head or without body. Two or three persons are melted together and you are unable to finish a quest because it's impossible to talk to a person. Plants are growing through massive walls, NPCs are changing their voices in the middle of a sentence, or they speak in another language. Stones without a texture...

The developer and the publisher were unable to make a final patch, to make the game playable. Again, the community did it.

Gothic players are very capable of suffering. More than Sims players. Believe me, I played the whole series.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 7:50 PM
Sims 3 for sure. Has to be the most glitchiest game of all time for me.
But hey hey let's give it a chance. I mean it's not like it's addicting *rolls eyes* Though I've played since SimCity and I guess they're right. The old things are best- and things nower days don't last 5 minutes.
Scholar
#13 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 6:24 PM
There are plenty of glitchy, glitchy older games, contrary to what nostalgia would tell us. VTM: Bloodlines is a slightly more recent example, but Ultima IX is an example of a game just as glitchy as some of the worst offenders today (same for Ultima Online....good grief).

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 12:50 AM
Fallout 3.

This is a signature, worship it and it will love you forever.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 4:45 AM
Sims 3... And if we aren't talking about sims games... Nothing. Nothing I have played has had glitches that interact with gameplay so much that I want to punch a hole in the wall and demand my money back... Nothing aside from Sims 3. Sims 2 wasn't even this horrid. It's like they don't even care.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
retired moderator
#16 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 5:12 AM
It's more stable than most releases out there.

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:50 AM
Two words: BLACK OPS. But of course, Treyarch made the bad game.

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
Two words: BLACK OPS. But of course, Treyarch made the bad game.

Don't get me started about the unrealistic ranges of shotguns in that game.

retired moderator
#19 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 4:49 AM
One shouldn't be playing COD if they want realism. It's an action shooter where weapons are designed around a gameplay function rather than attempting to be accurate recreations of modern day weapons.

You'd best be going after a game like Operation Flashpoint and its derivatives if you want realism.

Theorist
#20 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 9:06 PM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was glitchy. I remember going through a radiated area through a loading screen, and upon arriving at a safe area died from an effect that didn't cease from the previous. There was also crashing that couldn't be reproduced and settings that wouldn't save, and doors that stopped working. Then there was Skull's squad mission. I knew the area and quickly disposed of the snipers above and mowed down the ground force. Even in zones with no hostiles I found wounded Skull squad that had either been injured from very far away or else scripted to eat dirt when I wasn't around. And finally, there was "Hello, hello?" and "Get out of here, stalker. Get out of here stalker."

Edit:
I just remembered Boiling Point: Road to Hell one pixel at a time.
Alchemist
#21 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 12:37 PM
sims 3, though i am hopelessly addicted.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElPresidente
One shouldn't be playing COD if they want realism. It's an action shooter where weapons are designed around a gameplay function rather than attempting to be accurate recreations of modern day weapons.

You'd best be going after a game like Operation Flashpoint and its derivatives if you want realism.

For some reason I'm drawn towards Call of Duty and games like that. I haven't given Operation Flashpoint a try yet, so I guess I might try it out sometime.

retired moderator
#23 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 10:09 PM
Nothing wrong with being drawn to those games, they are a lot of fun. I was just pointing out that with those games if they did do stuff like implement realistic ranges with shotguns, etc then the game's balance would be thrown off and it wouldn't be much fun at all.

Call of Duty is no different to something like Halo outside of the setting. It's an arcade action FPS. Damned fun one too. :P

Field Researcher
#24 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 2:57 AM
I have to edit my earlier statement... My mother is hopelessly addicted to Cafe World on FaceBook. Because I build so much on sims 3, she recently asked me to design her cafe for her and change out a few dishes... That by far is the glitch-est game I have ever played. And it is so basic... And so screwy...

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 6:48 AM
either new vegas or RDR, both are glitch filled ( FNV now refuses to start anymore)

Page 1 of 4