6 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#8701 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That's a nice looking prison.

I've been binge watching Orange is the New Black
Advertisement
Scholar
#8702 Old Yesterday at 5:29 AM Last edited by DrChillgood : Yesterday at 4:52 PM.
Setting up more secondary aspirations in Belladonna Cove. I plan on hooking up Armand DeBateau with Kimberly Cordial, so I set his secondary aspiration to Knowledge in the hopes that it will squish the wants for her to be cured. Tara went with Fortune as her secondary.

As for the Clevelands' secondaries, I chose Family for Jason since he's a cop and that job is associated with that aspiration, and Popularity for Marissa. Unsure what to pick for Justin. Geoff needs to use the ReNuYuSenso Orb to switch to Pleasure primary. I assume he's Romance because Pleasure is in the Nightlife EP and they didn't want the game to break if someone only had AL and not NL.

Jessica Peterson is definitely going to have Romance secondary. I picked the pink trailer and rented furnished with the apthack mod...it has the heart-shaped bed, perfect. Just enough room for an easel for the creativity needed for the Slacker career.

Back to playing the Cordials, Samantha ended up bringing the flu home, and with simler90's Disease Mod, the red aspiration is also not helping. Calling a townie made him a friend and brought the bar back to green, but the want to become a witch is gone for now. As for Kimberly, the Business Owner career I downloaded from here jammed up a job slot on the computer as I'm just waiting for the Politics career to appear. She also brought home the Picasos from the family bin, so I placed them in the townhouse lot next door. I made a grave mistake in getting a one-bedroom with a den that didn't have room for a double bed, so I quit and reloaded, and got the next unit which had a double bed. Tried to change Matthew's job, but the Business Owner career clogged up two slots, so switching careers to fulfill the Sports career will have to wait.

I can't pull out the Business Owner career, I'll need it for two of the kids I've planned out (Ian with his Own 5 Top-Level Businesses wish and Alice with her Earn $100k wish as she would run a home business being Family secondary). I use this one: https://modthesims.info/d/248042/bu...wning-sims.html as the extra cash represents either tax breaks/incentives for small businesses and crowdfunding when starting out, or exploiting tax loopholes when you've made it big.

When Kimberly reaches the top of the Politics career and becomes an evil enough witch, she will start passing laws in the town (new rules/restrictions for everyone, I'm working on defining at the moment). Sims in the Criminal or Slacker careers, as well as good witches, are part of the resistance and by definition do not play by these rules, but must play every chance card, and if they break a law in public will have a chance card forced on them the next day by the chance card tester to see if they got away with it or not. Failure means lost money and skill points are seized and given to Kimberly by cheats (or if she has maxed a skill that the loser lost a point in, then the highest-ranked cop or soldier who could use it gets the skill point), while getting fired means they are outed as resistance members and must wait a week, cut all ties, and change their name and appearance if they want to rejoin the resistance. Good witches getting fired from chance cards are also required to relinquish their powers.

Upon reaching the top of a career, the Sim becomes a resistance leader and the next chance card represents the revolt. Success means Kimberly's regime is dismantled. The chance card tester will get her fired, and whether she keeps her powers is based on a fight with the resistance leader. All restrictions get lifted.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Scholar
#8703 Old Yesterday at 4:15 PM
The Montys all went on vacation. Romeo wanted to go--I think he thought it would be nice for the girls (his orphaned cousins) to get away for a bit, and they certainly have the money to burn. He and Mercutio also took their girlfriends: Heather Huffington for Romeo and Angela Pleasant for Mercutio. The vacation was a little annoying because I couldn't fulfill their wants. No matter what community lot they went to, no one was hula dancing, and beachcombing did not turn up any seashells. Also, they got to the hotel late (a glitch with community time), so I wasn't able to get rooms with beds for everyone, which messed up the sleep schedules. I only go on three-day vacations because that's about as long as I can stand it.

I was hoping Mercutio would get the want to propose to Angela while on vacation, but no dice. Roan has been bugging him about it. She drops very unsubtle hints about how it would be nice to have someone new in the family now that Isabella is gone. Truthfully, Mercutio seems just as happy to be single and taking care of his pets, but since he and Angela share the same LTW of having 20 pet best friends, they would be well-suited for each other. Mercutio can be a bit thick about such things. And there's no hope for Romeo settling down, I believe. The thought has never even crossed his mind. Heather is more of a guaranteed good time for him.

They returned from vacation in a good mood, and I set the season ahead to fall and aged everyone 3 days, so I'll not be visiting their household again for a while.
Mad Poster
#8704 Old Today at 12:33 AM
@LauraPamplonaS : I found your story-in-pictures of Christine and Britanny very moving to read. As I read it I heard myself cry out, "What a mess!" Not a criticism of your game of course, but my reaction to two lives -- both effectively destroyed: one lost and the other wasted. The Sims 2 can do this sort of thing so well. The justice system goes about its processes in an organised, almost machine-like way: no doubt with justice, but with little show of of compassion. But of course Brittany, her family and her friends all need compassion too. No doubt they're devastated by what's happened.

Christine, now you've got your whole life to think about what you've done. No doubt you are regretting it already. Whatever you were fighting about, it must have seemed important at the time. There's no doubt that a life sentence without hope of parole is a pretty grim prospect. I'd like to say something to comfort you, but I feel that anything I said would feel to you like an empty platitude. Nevertheless I hope you find some way to find some meaning in your life, even in prison.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8705 Old Today at 8:34 AM
The village of Riverbreeze has found a new caretaker for its newly-opened orphanage: Bigfoot!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#8706 Old Today at 9:43 AM
In my new Pleasantview hood (I play with 20 days being one year and 15 days pregnancies - skilling takes awhile, wages are halved, and bills are doubled - but I have slowed their lifetime aspiration decay to almost nothing):

So far, I've been through one spring with the Brokes, the Dreamers, and the Oldies.

The new government is Sim City has decided that the state of the suburb of Pleasantview is unacceptable. Citizen services are either rundown or outright broken, and in a generally deplorable state. The schools haven't been renovated in over 20 years and the university system is nonexistent. With all that in mind, they're implementing higher wage taxes across the board. The people of Pleasantview have been getting away with murder for far too long and it's going to stop. They're also doubling the cost of utilities as well to pay for the rehabilitation of the utilities services.

Here's the state of the Broke family at the beginning of Summer (I play with Spring as the first season):

Brandi is in her second trimester of pregnancy. Some of the pressure of the first trimester is gone now. She has more time to relax now that morning sickness is not constantly plaguing her. Right now, she's figuring out her next moves and where to go from here. She knows some changes have to be made soon now that she has a third child on the way as a single mother. She can't keep having no income, but she doesn't know exactly what to do to fix that. She doesn't know what she wants to do with her life because she's always been Skip Broke's wife and she always had him there. Now that she doesn't, she's realizing that she doesn't really know who she is apart from him. But she's figuring that out. She's been slowly trying new things to see what piques her interest, but she hasn't found anything so far. She's tried cuisine, film & literature, science, and sports. She's been wondering if maybe she has an interest in arts & crafts possibly. But she also wonders about fitness. As arts & crafts is something she can look into while pregnant, she has given some thought to getting an easel and trying her hand at painting. She's excited about this. If she has any talent for painting, this is something she could do at home that would bring in a somewhat steady income while also having the possibility of turning into a career. Maybe she could open an art gallery or something like that someday!

Dustin has just been having a really tough go of it lately. After being indefinitely grounded on the first day of Spring until his grades come up, they've actually come down! Now Dustin has to do Summer School. But he has been trying. He quit his job as a criminal. His mother knew nothing about that. It's been days since he kicked over a trashcan. His mother hasn't noticed that. He's been great about helping out with his little brother. His mother hasn't noticed that. He's been helping with keeping up the house as best a teenage boy knows how. His mother hasn't said a word about that. In fact, she barely noted his existence all Spring.
Dustin knows his Mom has been tired. He knows she's worried and that she has a lot on her mind these days. He knows she misses his father. But Dustin misses his Mom.
But despite everything, he's determined to keep trying. He wants to be a good big brother and he wants to go to college. He wants to be a man his father would have been proud of and that his mother will be proud of. But he also wants to hang out with his girlfriend and just be a kid. Poor Dustin has a lot on his shoulders these days and he just wishes somebody would notice that he, too, needs a little help.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Page 349 of 349