Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2017 at 12:18 AM Last edited by memy9909 : 14th May 2017 at 12:31 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC Food does not appear, neither does jobs
So I just downloaded a whole bunch of food and careers for someone else but they do not show up. They has nightlife, Glamour Stuff Pack, and recently, Freetime.

They tried maxing the cooking skill out but the foods did not show up, they also tried to check the computer daily but still no CC jobs. They can however see furniture, clothing, and hairs.

One of the food in question: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=578110

One of the jobs in question: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=587499
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th May 2017 at 12:40 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th May 2017 at 12:52 AM.
Do they have CC enabled properly?
Does other CC show up fine for them?
Did they move the files out of the zip files and into their Downloads folder?

Have they checked all the fridge/stove/microwave pie menus? For a lot of foods there has to be a stove or microwave on the lot for the food to show up.

CC careers might need the job board to have a chance at showing up: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378097

It is also possible these ones need an EP the person does not have. I can't find any info other than the basegame icon that suggest these are BG-compatible or that they need any EPs.The creator who posted the linked career has at least Seasons, Pets and OFB, and the creator who posted the food has OFB.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th May 2017 at 12:46 AM
This sounds like the kind of problem that occurs when someone forgets to set "Show custom content dialogue at startup" in the in-game options to "Disabled".

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2017 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

Have they checked all the fridge/stove/microwave pie menus? For a lot of foods there has to be a stove or microwave on the lot for the food to show up.

CC careers might need the job board to have a chance at showing up: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378097

I don't use custom careers, and rarely download foods, but it is possible these ones need an EP the person does not have. I can't find any info other than the basegame icon that suggest these are BG-compatible or that they need any EPs.The creator who posted the linked career has at least Seasons, Pets and OFB, and the creator who posted the food has OFB.

All yes.

As for the notice board, it gave them generic vanilla jobs. I did a bit of testing myself with all EPs and SPs and there's like two separate options for the fridge. "make..." gave me the custom food. AFAIK, they did not download FT yet. They can't even update it either since it's the Deluxe Edition.

I believe they just need to get that downloaded and they'd be able to use jobs and make community made food
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2017 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
This sounds like the kind of problem that occurs when someone forgets to set "Show custom content dialogue at startup" in the in-game options to "Disabled".

Not true. I've clicked enable for them. It showed the furnitue, clothing, cars, etc. but not foods and jobs.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th May 2017 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by memy9909
AFAIK, they did not download FT yet. They can't even update it either since it's the Deluxe Edition.

Do they have a legal version of Sims 2? Just asking, because the only downloadable version that's available is the Ultimate Collection (as far as I know - not sure if Steam or other sites have separate EP/SPs) . Pirated versions can create more trouble than they're worth, and what's the point of a pirated version if you can get the whole game for free via Origin/EA anyway?

If you have all the EP/SPs, your testing of the CC items might not mirror how they'll work for another player who's got a different setup than you.

Also, after clicking enable, you should always quit the game and restart, or the changes won't properly stick.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 14th May 2017 at 5:42 AM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 14th May 2017 at 6:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

It is also possible these ones need an EP the person does not have. I can't find any info other than the basegame icon that suggest these are BG-compatible or that they need any EPs.The creator who posted the linked career has at least Seasons, Pets and OFB, and the creator who posted the food has OFB.

The career is compatible with base game. It should appear when you use moghughson job board.
As for the food I know Ariesflare uses an extra menu like I do. I think it's named "AF requests" and you see it when clicking the fridge.

Maybe another mod causes trouble. Try to start the game with only food and jobs in the downloadfolder find out.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th May 2017 at 12:09 PM
Didn't one of the early EPs add the ability to have more than two levels of pie menu options? I can't remember which one, but I'm sure before it came out you could only have Option 1.../Option 2. That may be why the food isn't working. What happens if the OP's friend tries a CC food which doesn't have its own pie menu group?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th May 2017 at 1:40 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 14th May 2017 at 2:44 PM.
I'm sure one of the earliest sub sandwiches I uploaded, doesn't have so many options (yet).
And @Nysha now you mention it, you are right. I think that option came with University. But you might need the EP University, because the OP mentioned that their friend has Free Time as latest EP.
If it's really the case that that small detail makes my custom food need University to work, I might change the way of the menu again.
I have a PC with BG only installed. I'll check it on that one later.

Edit:
I tested it with BG only and indeed the EggRolls of AriesFlare don't appear in the menu, but other custom food does.
Now I know this, I'm going to reorganise the food I created so it's BG compatible again.

So that solves the custom food issue.
I just tested the Nursing career in a BG only game and it was the first career to show up on the PC.
So I don't know what's the issue with that.

Maybe testing the career without other CC in the downloadfolder can help to figure it out.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)