Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2017 at 6:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Using the search on this website is not accurate?
Hello everyone!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. But I have been looking for good looking sims to download that have no cc. So I enter the search terms "cc" because I know it is used by modders who say "no cc" or "cc free". And my search results come up empty, even though I have found "no cc" sims by scrolling. So they exist, why can't I find them through search?

Could there be a better way to search no cc, by filter perhaps?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th May 2017 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muddy
Hello everyone!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. But I have been looking for good looking sims to download that have no cc. So I enter the search terms "cc" because I know it is used by modders who say "no cc" or "cc free". And my search results come up empty, even though I have found "no cc" sims by scrolling. So they exist, why can't I find them through search?

Could there be a better way to search no cc, by filter perhaps?

It's a wild guess here, but I think when you type "cc" then the exact tag added to the upload should be "cc".
Try to type: *cc*

That means the search engine will look for "cc" but also for everything with "cc" in it like "no cc" and "cc free".

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2017 at 7:57 AM
There isn't a filter for sims to search without CC. You could try ticking the box for Maxis recolours only, but I don't know if that would make any difference.

I think this may be because sims can be imported without the CC used to build them. Their face shape will still show up. If you install them with Clean Installer you can avoid getting any CC packaged with them.

I don't know for sure but it may be that search terms need to be longer. Many search engines automatically ignore words smaller than 3 letters. It seems like the search here is doing that. When I search for CC free, it just comes up with things labelled free or free time. You could try searching for "maxis".

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th May 2017 at 8:16 AM
It's very picky. You need it to be exact to get any results. As far as I know there are very few CC free sims.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=582920
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=582920

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:34 AM
Thanks guys! I decided to use the cas mod and just make my own good looking sims. I made a cute couple, but I had forgotten that you just can't save them to the cas bin to use again. That is sad!