Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2017 at 9:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Baby won't age up into a toddler
Hello! Im hoping someone will be able to help me, if not that's ok because this is entirely my fault for being stupid. My sims had a baby and after naming the baby I didn't like it, so I used Sim blender to change the name. That worked, but when it was time for the baby to age up, the baby won't. Is there anyway to fix this or is this just going to be broken forever and I have to find a way to delete the baby or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th May 2017 at 9:37 PM
Occasionally, a baby won't grow up either because they've not been babies for more than a full day, or they get stuck with one of the parents in an endless "won't grow up" loop. Occasionally, I've gound that clicking the "help X to grow up" interaction also can make them get stuck.

I've found it often helps to make the other parent take them to the cake or do the grow up interaction, or just X out the interaction, put the baby on the floor, and try again. Or wait until after 6 PM on their birthday (you can speed it up by adding days), and their parents might do the auto grow-up after a short while.

Doing a reset on the baby might also help (activate Testingcheats, and force an error).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2017 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Occasionally, a baby won't grow up either because they've not been babies for more than a full day, or they get stuck with one of the parents in an endless "won't grow up" loop. Occasionally, I've gound that clicking the "help X to grow up" interaction also can make them get stuck.

I've found it often helps to make the other parent take them to the cake or do the grow up interaction, or just X out the interaction, put the baby on the floor, and try again. Or wait until after 6 PM on their birthday (you can speed it up by adding days), and their parents might do the auto grow-up after a short while.

Doing a reset on the baby might also help (activate Testingcheats, and force an error).

So It is already past six and the baby has not grown up yet. Also I already did the cake before Six and it didn't work and the teenage daughter did automatically the help grow up and it still did nothing. Should I try the birthday cake again?
Instructor
#4 Old 14th May 2017 at 9:47 PM
I had that problem twice in my game, and using the birthday cake again didn't work. What I did was quitting without saving to neighbourhood view, then going back to the household and try again. That made them grow up correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2017 at 9:48 PM
So the force Error and reset did work. Thank you so much for the advice simmer22.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th May 2017 at 9:48 PM
Did they just stand around doing nothing, or did they do the throw-and-spin but the kid didn't age up?

It'd be worth turning on testingcheats (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) to see if there are any errors occurring when you try to age up the baby.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.