Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2017 at 3:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lots not loading/taking forever
I installed a lot with custom content in my game today and I realized that I can not play in any lot, This just keeps loading forever
I deleted all the custom content that was sent in the "downloads" folder recently
But the problem has not been solved

there is a solution to my problem?

thanks
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th May 2017 at 4:25 AM
Did you also delete the cache files?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2017 at 4:48 AM
Default No
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did you also delete the cache files?

l did not.. how can l delete it?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th May 2017 at 5:19 AM
Here you go, from the wiki.

Something not commonly understood is that the game stores versions of elements in your hood (that's overly simplified, but an easy explanation) in the caches. Therefore, when hacks appear to still linger after they have been removed from Downloads, it's because the caches weren't also cleared. Clear them and the hack behavior should be gone.

In the same vein and more relevant to you, OP, is that it's possible that something related to those downloads you removed is causing the lots not to load. And because now the game possibly only has the "echo" of the removed downloads in those remaining caches, they're hanging it up.

Hopefully it solves your issue! But if not, you're in good hands here.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2017 at 9:20 AM
I want to thank everyone who tried to help me and I want to say that I discovered what the problem is
Yesterday I downloaded a lot called "Arc de Triomphe" by V1ND1CARE
And in these lot came some bad content that made my game work incorrectly
(I was unable to open some lot)
I remembered that a few months ago I have downloaded a lot of the same creator (V1ND1CARE)
And I had the same problem before..
I deleted the lot and the custom contents and now the problem is solved.
I will to avoid downloading lots of this creator because them just give me problems
Although I have seen comments before downloading and everything worked perfectly in the game of others people
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2017 at 9:21 AM
l wish l could to download other "Arc de Triomphe" lot By other creator... it would be great.. but l can not find..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th May 2017 at 10:17 AM Last edited by maxon : 20th May 2017 at 10:46 AM.
V1ND1CARE was a brilliant builder for TS2 but she stopped building quite a long time ago - it may not be a problem with the lot but a clash between game versions or something like that.

Edit to add: I downloaded the lot file and think I can see where there might be a problem. If you are willing, could you try installing the following edited version of the Sims2Pack file and see if it works for you? I was able to install the lot, load it and load a couple of other lots too (as you can see in the pictures).

http://www.simfileshare.net/filedetails/239828/
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th May 2017 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
V1ND1CARE was a brilliant builder for TS2 but she stopped building quite a long time ago - it may not be a problem with the lot but a clash between game versions or something like that.

Edit to add: I downloaded the lot file and think I can see where there might be a problem. If you are willing, could you try installing the following edited version of the Sims2Pack file and see if it works for you? I was able to install the lot, load it and load a couple of other lots too (as you can see in the pictures).

Thank you.. l will try later... l hope it works.. l believe the "wall" is the problem..but i'm not sure..
Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st May 2017 at 3:25 AM

That is amazing, maxon, and thanks---I had always meant to try out that lot of hers, and it's great to know someone's made a fixed version.

I agree V1ND1CARE was brilliant. I have used more than a few of her lots and even found them worth the issues---now that the OP mentions it, I also was unable to load other lots at one point after installing a particular lot she built; different one I believe. Got around the problem the same way OP reports but was sad; she did amazing things as a builder.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st May 2017 at 4:34 AM
Quote:
it may not be a problem with the lot but a clash between game versions or something like that.

I've found that sometimes when a creator has stopped making lots, they stopped at a specific EP-and it will botch your game from then on. If you have all the EP's, sometimes the lots that others create do not play well with them, having had content that has been updated/changed by the succeeding EP's.

I've done the same thing-downloaded a lot that was done in perhaps base game only, and when it got updated with newer EP's, it drove my poor game crazy.
Especially when it was never updated to reflect the newer EP's.

V1ND1CARE was a brilliant and talented creator, I must agree. She had an extraordinary vision of what a lot can and should look like.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 21st May 2017 at 1:03 PM
I'm still waiting to hear if the lot is now working properly. If it is, I can upload a fixed version to the thread. I think I know what the issue is and if I'm correct, I could have a look at her other lots. If it's what I think it is, it's a fairly simple thing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st May 2017 at 1:39 PM
Just out of curiosity - what is the issue? Could be helpful to know for other lots as well.
Instructor
#13 Old 21st May 2017 at 2:46 PM
@maxon Have tried your edited version of the lot, for me it works fine. Have all eps and sps. Maybe you have a solution for my problem, too?: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=288683 This lot causes my game to crash and I am unable to load it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Just out of curiosity - what is the issue? Could be helpful to know for other lots as well.

I was waiting till it was tested and it seemed to be the issue. Are there any other Vindicare lots with a similar issue?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:08 AM
I'm still waiting to hear if the lot is now working properly. If it is, I can upload a fixed version to the thread. I think I know what the issue is and if I'm correct, I could have a look at her other lots. If it's what I think it is, it's a fairly simple thing.

No, it did not works..but I want to thank you for helping me.
I just gave up on this lot.
I removed all the customized contents of this lot in my "downloads" folder and I recolored the "arch of triumph" with other wall that l have saved in my game
I think it's better, it's better to be without one lot than not be able to play in any family

Thanks everyone
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

4 months ago l downloaded " The Paris Opera House" by V1ND1C4RE and l had the same problem

But I have other lots of this creator that works correctly
-Greek Taverna
-The Seine River
-Hydra's Town Square

theses 3 lots

I always kept my folder organized, every time I install something new, I play a little to see if there is nothing wrong
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:41 AM
@KaterMikesch77 That's a beach lot. Beach lots are prone to crashing.
Are you trying to place it on the same beach that it was built on? They should say in the description but don't because it's an old upload and the creator is not here any longer.
Another issue with beach lots is if you spin them after taking them out of the lot bin. Spinning them around can make them crash.
Sometimes it is simply corrupted cc in the lot. Try without the cc.
Occasionally, very occasionally its because you are missing content. One time we had a lot that crashed because the uploaded version was missing a cc bush.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#18 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:21 PM
@joandsarah77 Try it on different places, everytime I want to place it, game crashes. Try it with and without cc. Also try it without any cc. Maybe doesn't work with all eps and sps.. To bad, its a really nice lot.

tried some lots from by V1ND1C4RE, no problems:
-Factory Starter
-Moulin Rouge
-Gates Factory
-Harborside Cafe
-the Ebony Gale
-LOTR Corsair War Galley
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:28 PM
You could try redownloading it but sometimes beach lots are just glitchy. Lots are backwards compatible, in that if you have all EP's it should not matter what EP's they have, you can download base game lots just fine. It's people with lower EP's who can't download higher EP lots.

~Call me Jo~