Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 9:22 PM
Default WCIF populated save file for Cladbridge-on-stowe?
Hello, I couldn't find the associated populated save file for the custom world Cladbridge-on-stowe, which is a very well-made custom world by doublemedion694. Seems like they uploaded the save file to mediafire but it got taken down for some reason by the website. Has anyone come across a blog or something that had it backed up before it got taken down? Thank you.

PS: I'm not very experienced with this website, so I may be double-posting, but I couldn't find my previous thread and couldn't a find a way to search for my posts... So sorry if I did just that.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 9:30 PM
I'm not seeing any previous threads from you....WCIF posts are supposed to go the WCIF sub-forum but I don't think anyone will be too upset if you post it here, it's a common mistake. I wish I knew of a populated save, but I don't.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 12:17 AM
I used to make populated worlds. Now I use NRAAS Porter to make sim populations in "Jig world". Jig world is just a big empty world with about 20 odd residential lots and a town hall. The residential lots are empty except for a short section of wall. The wall is needed to make NRAAS porter works, and town hall is needed for NRAAS Master Controller ->Sim->Focus
This way, I can build an entire population or sub population in game with Edit Town. You can't do that in CAW->Edit in game.
Then I take my empty world and fill it with the population I want.
You can also use NRAAS porter to kidnap steal plagerize liberate an entire town full of people, but it doesn't work on plumbots and some other state... I forget what it was. So if I see The Addam's Family or Ken and Barbie Doll or some other neat household in Union Cove Seasons, I copy them with Porter, keeping all relationships and such. You can even liberate all the service people, which sometimes outnumber the town's residence (doesn't work on plumbots, tho. Tried to liberate the service plumbots in Oasis Landing... nope. Total failure when unpacking leading to a disaster. Don't pack Plumbots!

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I used to make populated worlds. Now I use NRAAS Porter to make sim populations in "Jig world". Jig world is just a big empty world with about 20 odd residential lots and a town hall. The residential lots are empty except for a short section of wall. The wall is needed to make NRAAS porter works, and town hall is needed for NRAAS Master Controller ->Sim->Focus
This way, I can build an entire population or sub population in game with Edit Town. You can't do that in CAW->Edit in game.
Then I take my empty world and fill it with the population I want.
You can also use NRAAS porter to kidnap steal plagerize liberate an entire town full of people, but it doesn't work on plumbots and some other state... I forget what it was. So if I see The Addam's Family or Ken and Barbie Doll or some other neat household in Union Cove Seasons, I copy them with Porter, keeping all relationships and such. You can even liberate all the service people, which sometimes outnumber the town's residence (doesn't work on plumbots, tho. Tried to liberate the service plumbots in Oasis Landing... nope. Total failure when unpacking leading to a disaster. Don't pack Plumbots!

Yep, I know of NRAAS Porter and I have it in my game, it's just that for me part of the fun of exploring a new world is getting to know the pre-made sims that come with that world. I rarely create my own sims and I love playing with worlds that come with fully fledged back-stories for their households. That's why for example I could never play with the wonderful world Point Ouerbacker, because it is unpopulated.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 9:05 AM
Paging one of my colleagues, @Sarah_Sims. I happen to know that Cladbridge is her favorite world so perhaps she knows where to find a pre-populated version, if one is available.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Paging one of my colleagues, @Sarah_Sims. I happen to know that Cladbridge is her favorite world so perhaps she knows where to find a pre-populated version, if one is available.

Thank you so much!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 11:46 PM
You can just use NRAAS SP and set it to rapid immigration, bringing in 10-20 families (depending on the number of available houses).
You can base it off your bin sims, or off immigrant worlds, or just random sims. They're not hand crafted sims, but most of the hand crafted sims die off by the time you get the ability to socialize effectively with them anyway. I don't care if my random sims die off cuz NRAAS SP will just make more of them.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 1:30 AM
...but most of the hand crafted sims die off by the time you get the ability to socialize effectively with them anyway. I don't care if my random sims die off cuz NRAAS SP will just make more of them.

It should probably be noted that not all of us have exactly the same definition of "socialize effectively." Routinely bashing the resident townies over the head with hungry cowplants or setting them on fire when they don't at first respond to idle chit-chat and random pickup lines may not necessarily lead to long lasting social relationships as desired. Just sayin'.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:00 AM
It should probably be noted that not all of us have exactly the same definition of "socialize effectively." Routinely bashing the resident townies over the head with hungry cowplants or setting them on fire when they don't at first respond to idle chit-chat and random pickup lines may not necessarily lead to long lasting social relationships as desired. Just sayin'.

Some folks say my game play is unconventional. I think it's innovative!

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 9:09 AM
You can just use NRAAS SP and set it to rapid immigration, bringing in 10-20 families (depending on the number of available houses).
You can base it off your bin sims, or off immigrant worlds, or just random sims. They're not hand crafted sims, but most of the hand crafted sims die off by the time you get the ability to socialize effectively with them anyway. I don't care if my random sims die off cuz NRAAS SP will just make more of them.

I play without SP and with an insane life-cycle which means almost immortality. So nobody dies off.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
I play without SP and with an insane life-cycle which means almost immortality. So nobody dies off.

I would think that after awhile your world would be knee deep in crying babies.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 4:58 PM

Quite the contrary, it is knee deep in generations and generations of young adults and adults because nobody every dies off...
Site Helper
#13 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 3:00 PM

I have the same kind of settings, but "Baby" is 1 day.

Crying toddlers now...

Although I do have SP. It just works to ensure that every household has a few toddlers in it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 6:03 PM
@igazor any news on that save file?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 12:41 AM
Paging one of my colleagues, @Sarah_Sims. I happen to know that Cladbridge is her favourite world so perhaps she knows where to find a pre-populated version if one is available.

Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
@igazor any news on that save file?

Hi PasTaCopine!

So sorry! I didn't see that igazor was paging me here.

I don't know of anywhere where the Save Folder is available publicly anymore but I do have a copy on my hard drive and would be willing to share it with you privately if you'd like. Just let me know. :-)

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah_Sims
Hi PasTaCopine!

I don't know of anywhere where the Save Folder is available publicly anymore but I do have a copy on my hard drive and would be willing to share it with you privately if you'd like. Just let me know. :-)

Thank you so much!! Sending you a PM right now.
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 3:55 AM
Hi PasTaCopine!

Dear Sarah_Sims, hi!

Can I too ask you for a copy of your save file of this city? :lovestruc Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exeshnizo
Dear Sarah_Sims, hi!

Can I too ask you for a copy of your save file of this city? :lovestruc Thank you!

Of course! I've just sent you the link in a private message. Have fun!

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th May 2020 at 3:15 PM
Of course! I've just sent you the link in a private message. Have fun!

I know this is old but would it be possible to send me the save file?
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 11:51 AM
Hi PasTaCopine!

Sorry I know this is an old thread but if I can get the save file as well it'd me much appreciated
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th May 2021 at 9:39 PM
If any of you fellas still have the save i'd be glad to have it too.
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th May 2021 at 2:32 PM
Hi PasTaCopine!

if you still have the save file would it be possible to send it to me? I really love Cladbridge but find it really difficult to populate a whole world myself
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 1:57 AM
Hi PasTaCopine!

Hi I know this is an old thread, but i was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending the file through to me also?
Mad Poster
#25 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 3:51 AM
There must be some charm to the pre-mades that come with that world that makes them more desirable than SP generated immigrants for a starting out point. I've poked around at it and love that world, but can't use it because it's one of the famous custom made worlds that are not compatible with NRaas Traveler.

The part I don't understand -- my colleague Sarah runs her own sims blog and she is a fellow Organizer at NRaas. Not everyone would know this right away of course, but it is in her MTS profile and signature line. She can easily be contacted by PM or over there if she isn't responding to this thread, it really doesn't take much effort to find her and I am sure she would be happy to assist.
Page 1 of 2