Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:35 PM
Default Resource.cfg file
Does anybody have a working link to the resource.cfg file? I had uninstalled the game a while back and just put it back on. The link posted in the section for putting CC in the game doesn't work, it just pops up a page with the words "resource.cfg" on it for a few lines. I am running the base game, patched to current, and so far everything i've put in that's "sims3" format (or whatever it is) works fine. But I want my mosaic blur gone and all my GOOD content! LOL
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:39 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files

Right click and save as - don't just click it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:45 PM
i tried it as "save link as" and it worked... I hope. "Save as" was not an option listed.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:47 PM
It depends on your browser but that should work fine.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:48 PM
Giving it a shot now. Hope this works LOL
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:47 PM
Ok- got the resource file in and skins are showing up. Next question I have regards the mosaic or blur remover and a couple others. I have the mosaic remover, inteen, and teen pregnancy. They are a few months old so I dont know if they will work with the new patch. !st question, does anybody know if there are new versions, or will these work. And 2, where do the go in the game? I forgot where they went and haven't had much luck finding directions for them...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 5:37 PM
You need to go check for updates where you downloaded them from. The download threads will also have directions on how to use them in game.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:36 PM
Apparently there are no updates for these. The ones I have found do not work and I followed the directions to the letter. I wish EA would make it easier to get this stuff in. I feel sorry for the people that come up with the CC and mods like these, because every time EA "patches" the game, none of the "old" versions of things seem to work...