Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 2:46 AM
Default Quick question about creating clothing with Mesh toolkit
It's been a while since I've done anything for sims 3, but I got really interested again after being introduced to Cmar's Meshing toolkit http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=481950

I'd like to ask a quick question before I decide whether I really get back into clothing creating or not. Can this toolkitt create a bran new rig and morphs for a bran new clothing mesh?

Just to make clear about what I used to do: so I used to Frankenstein clothing meshes both with TsrWorkshop and Cmar's tools, which all worked just fine - but sometimes do to exporting a clothing mesh to 3dsmax (because I wanted full freedom to alter the clothing mesh and add more into it) ended up erasing the entire rig (for reasons known). Also once I had to sacrifice the original morphs because they didn't match with the base mesh anymore (after the vertices count had been altered) and thus I had to create all the morphs myself. All that worked great too, but rigging myself or creating morphs in Milkshape is extremely tedious and time taking that I don't want to do that again.

So with the mesh toolkit, Can I create any kind of clothing mesh in 3dsmax and import back to Milkshape AND have the mesh toolkit create the rig for it and the needed morphs?

Am I wishing too much?

Thank you in advance, if this is true I'm sooo going to make all my complicated lolita outfits come sims true ,