Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:53 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 10th Aug 2015 at 4:13 AM.
Default Need advice on foreigner sims etc...
Ok...so I am playing a challenge now, and I need my sim to go on a vacation in hopes of..finding love.
That sim is now a teen, and I am wondering if I should just wait for him to become a YA..or if I should send him now.
The goal is to find a girlfriend to bring back home, and start a family.
I just never brought any sim from China, Egypt or France, back "home" Is this even possible?
I am pretty sure, teens cannot move out anyways...but could she be invited for a visit after he meet her..and then might move in with him?
Yeah, as you see I need advice, I suck at this. lol

EDIT :
Also...since he fishes a lot...he got another LTW popping up as a choice...but he already has one. I like the new one better, much easier to fulfill in his condition.
How though...I cannot clean up his current LTW.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:44 AM
It depends on how you play your game. I play without Aging so time doesn't matter a whole lot. But with aging presumed, depending on what you really want out of this sim's life, you may consider:

- Meeting someone as Teen so your sim can "seal the deal" earlier and get to spend more of life as a happily married person.
- Cost of travel: I can't remember whether Teen can go traveling alone or need adult supervision. If it is the latter, cost of travel doubles.
- You can totally invite to move in even a foreign sim.
- Traveling visa needs work to stay longer. But in between, your sim can still call his love interest over phone to keep the relationship going.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 5:15 AM
Well, the challenge only allows my sim 3 trips. So I just want to make sure he will have plenty of time to meet anyone. He lives with his mom, he is gen 1, and she still has one trip left. So she can go with him.
But I am wondering how will I move a girlfriend in, probably not possible if she is a teen herself.
And yes, I must play with aging on. And, the only lifespan allowed is normal..so imagine how little time me has!
I would never play with aging off anyways
Money is not an issue, becoming rich in this game is way too easy. They are rich already.
Yes..I am aware you can invite to move in, but probably only when YA or older...this is why I am wondering if I should wait, or send him for his first trip as a teen...then spend his 2 last trips doing.....yeah..lol see how confused I am?

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 5:23 AM
At this point you may want to experiment. Worst case scenario, you load previous savegame. The way I play, I play with a story that is closer to real life than TS3's rules. In this case, if my sim wants to ask his girlfriend to move in, I will do whatever it takes (including using Master Controller) to get that sim in. I do not see this as cheating or realism breaking. I mean, what if your sim got glitched and lost all his money? I would use cheatcode to give him money so the game goes on.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 6:08 AM
Yes, and I could also use MC to just get him preg with the mailman...thing is, I'd prefer going by da rules.
It was easy for the founder. I created a girl...and with woohooer, she could try for baby with...basically anyone. But she got a boy, and I do not want HIM pregnant. He could try for baby too while in China let's say...but then the baby would also be in China. Adding that child to his household...well, I'd have to skip the infant and toddler stage. sad...So I need to get a woman back home for him. If she wants to die afterwards, she could, but after giving my gen 1 sim a child. hehe.

Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 8:26 AM
You can invite a sim to join your household while on vacation. You can also invite them to visit while you're at home and they're in their home country (click on their portrait and choose "Invite Foreign Visitors", and they will arrive the next day at 9 AM). I don't currently have a traveling sim, so I'm not sure how teens moving in works. You may be able to move a teen sim into the active household if an adult asks them, but I'm just speculating.

Are you allowed to travel only once per location? If so, have your sim learn the Charisma skill, get the Observant LTR (to learn more traits, faster), travel to the location, and begin making friends. It will be easier to raise the relationship once they already know each other to some degree. While waiting at home, you can, like Tomomi said, Chat Long Distance, or invite the girls over (I don't think there's a limit to them visiting, right?)

To get around the limited stay at visa level 0, you can buy the Prepared Traveler LTR, which grants you 3 extra days (so you'd have 6 instead of 3).
You can replace a sim's LTW just by left-clicking the new one that pops up. It will ask you if you want to replace the current one.

A long time ago I had a household with an heir and a spare, and I really wanted to get rid of the spare and her spouse. So I traveled to France and moved them out there, while still having the heir active (this might be the work of a mod, maybe NRaas Mover). Point is that you can do a lot of neat stuff while traveling. I'd suggest making a mock trip (not saving the game) and trying to see what the game allows you to do.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 8:54 AM
(1) Moving in the foreigner: As far as I know you can only move in a teenager with the help of mods, WooHooer for example. I strongly advise to move in any foreigner only while you are in their home country on vacation. Moving them in while they are visiting you in your home world can produce problems that may lead to save corruption.

(2) Changing the lifetime wish once it's locked can be done either by purchasing the lifetime reward "Change Lifetime Wish" (10,000 points) or with MasterController (NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Intermediate/Change Lifetime Wish).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 5:00 PM
Thank you very much all of you.
He already has the prepared traveller, and now he is a YA...I decided to wait, just in case he would have wasted his 1/3 vacation trips.
So...I should try getting him close enough with someone so he could even propose to her while in her world. I'll try this. He is allowed only 2 times in the same vacation world. Hopefully, if it does not work the first time, it'll work on his second trip.