Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 6:42 PM
Default Sims won't use the subway?
It's a new save.

I have AM installed. I use it to mark two households in Sunset Valley 'sacred', which makes them unaffected by the Awesome Storydriver.

Whenever I direct my Sim to use the subway (either by clicking on the destination one and choosing Travel Here or by clicking on the source one and selecting the destination manually), they just stand there, doing nothing for ten Sim minutes, and then they just drop the action out of their queue.

If I queue, say, three "Travel to..." interactions, Overwatch returns Unroutable Sim error and resets my Sim to their home lot.

This seems to be a global issue, as I tried creating a new save and having Sims travel via subway in another town.

(In total there are 17 subway stations in SV.)

What's weird, though, is that on some occasions my Sim (when directed) will actually use the darn subway. The next day, for instance, they won't anymore.

I have tried removing all of my CC (including AM, in the new save), but it didn't do any help.

I did a hard reset using MC, but still, no luck.

What could be the issue?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
It's a new save.

I have AM installed. I use it to mark two households in Sunset Valley 'sacred', which makes them unaffected by the Awesome Storydriver.

Whenever I direct my Sim to use the subway (either by clicking on the destination one and choosing Travel Here or by clicking on the source one and selecting the destination manually), they just stand there, doing nothing for ten Sim minutes, and then they just drop the action out of their queue.

If I queue, say, three "Travel to..." interactions, Overwatch returns Unroutable Sim error and resets my Sim to their home lot.

This seems to be a global issue, as I tried creating a new save and having Sims travel via subway in another town.

(In total there are 17 subway stations in SV.)

What's weird, though, is that on some occasions my Sim (when directed) will actually use the darn subway. The next day, for instance, they won't anymore.

I have tried removing all of my CC (including AM, in the new save), but it didn't do any help.

I did a hard reset using MC, but still, no luck.

What could be the issue?

No idea what the problem is, but I found a way around this to be to go to the destination itself and set their travel from there. See if that works out for you.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 12:29 PM
I'm not sure I understand.

You're saying I should take a Sim to the destination by car, then select the destination subway and click travel here? Or something else?
Site Helper
#4 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 5:58 PM
It sounds to me as though he is suggesting that you Go Here at the destination subway? Although it sounds as though you already tried that. ( And I'm sure you remembered to clear the cache after removing the CC. ) Considering that there are some really weird things that affect each other, have you tried making sure the sim in question has a completely empty inventory? Or possibly the family inventory, although clearing that out is sometimes harder.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 7:16 PM
I tried playing a vanilla game in a new town, but nothing.

The thing is, they sometimes do use the subway. Sometimes, again, they don't.

Could this be something patch 1.55 related? I'm not going to update my game until somewhere around November since I'm currently abroad, but I thought it's worth mentioning.