Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 8:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Blue Screen appears when press Tab Key
Hello, this issue is rather strange to me. When I enter my neighborhood, and go to a specific family, and zoom in on a specific sim (a toddler named Cypher,) press tab (as in camera mode,) upon pressing tab again (or generally exiting camera mode,) the screen turns blue. I heard the term "blue screen of death," but the blue on my screen has no white writing on it (see attached pic.)

Also, the toolbar is still there (I'm referring to the sim icon with family, skill, etc. information) which are all still functional (time still runs as well.) Furthermore, when I press "Edit Town" button, the game has no problem with going into Edit Town Mode, but the blue screen is still there. It's as if the entire game is still functioning, but the graphics in the town crashed (only can see a blue screen.)

Now, I've been testing my custom content, but I think the issue is now within the game (though it may have started due to custom content.) I say this because I have tested playing after I had removed all custom content, including mods (the mods I used are awesomemod, Nraas MasterController, Story Progression, and Careers.) There are other miscellaneous Hacks and whatnot, which I tested without as well, in addition to selecting "run without custom content," but to no avail.

So this issue started in August, and I just completed my semester, so I tried again today w/o any custom content, and then with updated mods, still blue screen again, but only when I zoom onto this toddler after selecting him (there may be other ways to 'achieve' this blue screen, haven't figured them out.) The issue is highly replicable, repeated over a dozen times.

I'm not sure if this is fixable. Any feedback would be well appreciated. Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 8:15 PM
Is it only with that one toddler, or do you only have that one toddler to check with? The toddler might be corrupt somehow. (Or living up to his name. lol) If you give the toddler a new hairstyle and a new set of clothes, does it still happen? And have you tried backing up the game and then growing the toddler up and checking to see if it still happens?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Is it only with that one toddler, or do you only have that one toddler to check with? The toddler might be corrupt somehow. (Or living up to his name. lol) If you give the toddler a new hairstyle and a new set of clothes, does it still happen? And have you tried backing up the game and then growing the toddler up and checking to see if it still happens?

I have other toddlers. I just went back in game and tried to induce the same response with the others, it didn't work. As a note though, although I can replicate the results, sometimes it's inconsistent in how much time it takes (sometimes within a minute of trying, sometimes it takes a long time for it to happen.) So maybe it could have eventually worked with other sims/toddlers.I've been trying to figure out if there is an exact sequence of events which cause it. The buttons I press include Tab, "c" (camera), Esc, and all the rotating the camera buttons.

Anyways I tried changing his hair, looked promising, but the screen went blue again. I'll try the aging up thing after I back up tonight. I'll try moving them to a new lot to. Even if this were to go away, I think there must be a greater issue that must be resolved (or it would reoccur.)

Side note for other glitches I noticed, maybe it would help diagnose this blue screen issue. On my family trees, some of my dead sims (which should be grayed out) are colored as if they are still alive. This is not a new glitch, I've noticed it before but it never interrupted gameplay. Not sure if anyone can associate this with any underlying problem (there's probably an underlying problem lol.)

Also, maybe could this be a video card issue? My machine handles the game very well (all high setting and no lag). Out of curiosity, having the computer on 'power saver' mode wouldn't affect how the game can render images right? (not the greatest question ever I know, just want to make sure)

Whatever is happening, only the live game goes blue, not the entire screen. And everything continues to be playable, despite the blue screen. No crash!
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sw33tbrownsuga63
I have other toddlers. I just went back in game and tried to induce the same response with the others, it didn't work. As a note though, although I can replicate the results, sometimes it's inconsistent in how much time it takes (sometimes within a minute of trying, sometimes it takes a long time for it to happen.) So maybe it could have eventually worked with other sims/toddlers.I've been trying to figure out if there is an exact sequence of events which cause it. The buttons I press include Tab, "c" (camera), Esc, and all the rotating the camera buttons.

Anyways I tried changing his hair, looked promising, but the screen went blue again. I'll try the aging up thing after I back up tonight. I'll try moving them to a new lot to. Even if this were to go away, I think there must be a greater issue that must be resolved (or it would reoccur.)

Side note for other glitches I noticed, maybe it would help diagnose this blue screen issue. On my family trees, some of my dead sims (which should be grayed out) are colored as if they are still alive. This is not a new glitch, I've noticed it before but it never interrupted gameplay. Not sure if anyone can associate this with any underlying problem (there's probably an underlying problem lol.)

Also, maybe could this be a video card issue? My machine handles the game very well (all high setting and no lag). Out of curiosity, having the computer on 'power saver' mode wouldn't affect how the game can render images right? (not the greatest question ever I know, just want to make sure)

Whatever is happening, only the live game goes blue, not the entire screen. And everything continues to be playable, despite the blue screen. No crash!

Did you find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue right now..
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 1:05 PM
Is your computer overheating? If you have a laptop, try too keep it on a flat cool surface (like a desk), and keep it off your bed or resting on you legs.

But, it's most likely your graphics card. Maybe try putting all settings in the graphic options panel (in options) to the lowest they can be to reduce the quality. Your computer may be having trouble loading the graphics required. If you know what graphic card you have, here's a link to the graphic cards that will and will not support the sims 3 and it's extensions: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...em_Requirements and here's a link to help with your graphics card: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...nboard_Graphics

hope I helped!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Alchemist
#6 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sw33tbrownsuga63

Side note, in case someone else comes looking: this is a common glitch; dead Sims will show up as alive sometimes, and Sims may show up as the wrong age to other Sims who are traveling (i.e. a Sim at home may show up as a toddler in a vacationing Sim's portrait panel, when the Sim at home is actually a teenager).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!