Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 9:44 PM
Default More interactions with infants...
I know a lot has been written about this but I am feeling nostalgic.

I remember in the Sims 2 - I had about 6,800 downloads - I had little onesies with booties and hair for my infants. They were so darn cute! I also had the nursing mod that allowed the mother to nurse her infant, filling the hunger meter up without running to the fridge. I had a bouncy seat, swing and baby bath.

I miss my baby having legs and washing him/her in their little tub, changing them on a changing table and powdering their little bottom. I understand they were trying to save time by doing what they did. Making things more efficient. However, I really miss those little bonding moments with my child.

It would be awesome if your child came out with a random chance of no hair or a complete head full. They could appeared with a diaper and you can change them into available and colorable little onesies and booties. I want to still bathe my baby and toddler. I would love a bouncy seat and infant swing that a parent or older sibling could sit in front of and waggle their fingers at them. I would adore being able to nurse and have child siblings be able to stick their hands through the crib bars and socialize with the baby.

It would also be great if there was a parent/child relationship meter - not the normal one, but one that stores all the moments in their life that you took the time to be with them and it changes who they are as adults. Kids that you don't spend time with can't wait to move out at eighteen and others become emotional when they depart. It all depending on how you develop the relationship.

It would also be neat to be able to sit on the couch with my toddler on my lap watching an educational program and have them gain skills. :p
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladyhawke976
I miss my baby having legs and washing him/her in their little tub, changing them on a changing table.

Me too! I also had the bouncy seat and swing. I never used the nursing mod but I really loved the toddler wading pool. l put them in there when the rest of the family was playing in the pool. (Though that wouldn't matter now because Sims aren't as interested swimming in the pool as they once were and they don't have diving boards to dive into the pool anymore.)

I think a lot of us wish siblings could intereact more with the toddlers and family members with each other in general (Bring back the noogie and parents dancing with their children!) It would be fun to have the family night game box from TS1 where they played a sort of group charades game.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Site Helper
#3 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 12:17 AM
I miss being able to wash a stinky toddler, and I miss the changing table... But I do NOT miss random strangers who happen to be in the house deciding to pick up my toddler and give her a bath that she doesn't need because someone else gave her one 5 minutes ago. (Although a family with a toddler and a home business will give you a very popular sim when that toddler grows up. One girl ended up with 57 best friends forever as soon as she aged up to child.)

Parents dancing with their kids was cute. But they overdid it to the point of people wanting a mod to stop it altogether. The same with noogies. (Who gives a noogie to their date, anyway?)

I do wish there were more interactions for toddlers, but I am glad that they didn't give us a lot of them that we would end up wanting mods to get rid of because EA was silly about the way they worked them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 12:48 AM
I really think EA missed the boat when they decided to ignore these ages for Sims 3. After all the work modders put into creating infant clothes and hair and the success selling the bouncy and swingsets (btw, the only thing I bought from Sims 2 store), I thought EA would capitalize that for Sims 3. The community interest was in there and I don't believe that EA was saving time for other things in the game. I usually spend the YA time for skill/job building and by the time they are adults they have accomplished their LTWs. Allowing more interactions for infants and toddlers would make raising a family more interesting, IMHO.

I would be tinkled pink if I could dress up my infants, having them play on the bouncy/swing seats while the parents are running after the toddler that is playing in a puddle made by the old washing machine. Give each their baths and putting them down to sleep while reading a book to them. So sweet. Wishful dreaming.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 4:04 AM
EA are a bunch of idiots for neglecting the younger life stages - I've felt this since the day I bought TS3. Especially as 'Family' was such a popular aspiration, why wouldn't they put more effort into enhancing that experience, rather than taking huge leaps backwards? Extremely disappointing. I feel like I'm playing Sims 1.5, not Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:37 AM
I kinda wish I knew what it was like to have fun with toddlers/infants.
There's nothing that I really miss from TS1, considering that in TS1all you have to do is click yes on a popup and out comes a baby in a basket. And I don't even remember if you can do anything at ALL with it. xD And once they're a child you're done.
So yeah, can't say I'm really missing anything but I can understand those of you who had TS2. :/ But I'm satisfied enough.
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I miss being able to wash a stinky toddler, and I miss the changing table... But I do NOT miss random strangers who happen to be in the house deciding to pick up my toddler and give her a bath that she doesn't need because someone else gave her one 5 minutes ago. (Although a family with a toddler and a home business will give you a very popular sim when that toddler grows up. One girl ended up with 57 best friends forever as soon as she aged up to child.)

Parents dancing with their kids was cute. But they overdid it to the point of people wanting a mod to stop it altogether. The same with noogies. (Who gives a noogie to their date, anyway?)

I do wish there were more interactions for toddlers, but I am glad that they didn't give us a lot of them that we would end up wanting mods to get rid of because EA was silly about the way they worked them.

Noogies by adults was indeed stupid but seemed normal when done by teens and kids. I never understood the punch you-punch-me game. Two guys maybe -- but couples? or women? Uh, no -- seemed unrealistic to me.

But I'd rather have too many animations and axe the ones I don't want then have fewer animations and pine for some I'm missing. Anyway, repeating things ad nauseum is EA's M.O. -- the first "no autonomous" mods that usually come out are for the annoyingly repetitious idle animations.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:39 PM
i agree with LadyHawke976. after all, if those things were in the game and some people didn't want to do all that, you could just cheat your way through it (testingcheatsenabled to drag the baby/toddler motive bars, etc. or some mods or something) but to not have the option there at all is naff. and i really miss baths. and the fact that a child won't know their little brother or sister at all for what amounts to years. the whole selling point of being an older sibling is playing and bonding with the younger one.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I really think EA missed the boat when they decided to ignore these ages for Sims 3. After all the work modders put into creating infant clothes and hair and the success selling the bouncy and swingsets (btw, the only thing I bought from Sims 2 store), I thought EA would capitalize that for Sims 3. The community interest was in there and I don't believe that EA was saving time for other things in the game. I usually spend the YA time for skill/job building and by the time they are adults they have accomplished their LTWs. Allowing more interactions for infants and toddlers would make raising a family more interesting, IMHO.

I would be tinkled pink if I could dress up my infants, having them play on the bouncy/swing seats while the parents are running after the toddler that is playing in a puddle made by the old washing machine. Give each their baths and putting them down to sleep while reading a book to them. So sweet. Wishful dreaming.

Someone made a couple outfits for the infants. Here's the link: http://quizicalgin.tumblr.com/post/...-your-baby-sims
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:00 AM
TS3 babies can now have legs, hair, clothing, and even hair accessories!

But that doesn't mean you should resurrect a three-year-old thread. :/