Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:44 PM
Default Separating a top from an outfit
Hello. I'm fairly illiterate when it comes to meshing clothes for the Sims 3, but I've been reading some dummy tutorials to help me understand the basics of the programs involved.

One thing I haven't been able to get a clear answer on though is whether or not it's possible to separate an outfit into just a top. In example, if I wanted to take this outfit from into the future,

and slice off the bottom of the skirt in order to create a shirt for the Tops category, what would be the guessed level of difficulty? Are there any tutorials in particular I should be reading? Is it even possible?

Many thanks for any help.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:57 PM
I dont think it would be too challenging actually. Just use your preferred meshing program to delete the bottom of the mesh, use the bottom part of a naked female top mesh to fill in the gap with frankenmeshing, edit the uv map (making sure none of it is in the part slotted for bottoms) add some bones and texture! I know its not really super through, but you can probably find some detailed tutorials on the processes needed now. Hope thats helpful!

(")>
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:10 PM
just the top from that outfit? if you get that to work tell me when/where you upload it WaspsUnderground. could be my next favorite top then. erm if its bgc...

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>