Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:40 AM
Default How many Sim babies can you take care of...
I was playing my Sims game where I have 3 babies right now (a set of twin infant daughters, a toddler son, and another child(ren?) is/are on the way), and I haven't used ANY cheats throughout this family's history. I was just curious how many Sim babies you all can take care of or have taken care of without cheating. Using a babysitter is not considered cheating btw
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:44 AM
Without babysitter just about 1 or 2. I hate kids :::O
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nei tsukishime

Wow! You're doing better than me then In my game, Sim hubby and wife sleep in shifts, hubby already reached his lifetime goal, so he retired, and I STILL need a babysitter
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:55 AM
Call me a cruel person, but if my sims need to sleep, I just let the baby cry for awhile. He'll wait, my adults are far more important that some pest :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:21 AM
3 newborns and 2 toddlers. That is my MAX. I was about to scream lol
Inventor
#6 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:28 AM
*shrug* I found taking care of kids a lot easier this time around.
Yay for free will.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:41 AM
Kids are SO much easier to take care of now. I've managed to take care of 3, but after that, forget it! I've yet to have twins, but I'm hoping it's not as hard as in Sims2. The first time one of my moms had twins, I thought she was going to die from lack of sleep and food! It was a nightmare, LOL!
Alchemist
#8 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:34 PM
well i can manage up to like 4 or 5 toddlers/child but my sim once gave birth to triplets and thats the most i can handle, after that screw it, then i just cheat :P

and imo i definitely don't think its hard as the sims 2. like Axe Gaijin said, yay for free will :D

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:45 PM
It also depends on what you mean by taking care of them. If you mean just keeping them alive, I could probably go up to six. If you mean keeping the littles alive and all residents in the home somewhat clean and happy, I'd say four. But if I'm trying to read to the kids and train them in their skills, two is my max.

Keeping the small fry alive is much easier in TS3, but skill training is much, much more difficult.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:31 PM
Well, I played Christopher Steel who married Morgana Wolff-Steel they had 5 KIDS -- ALL GIRLS and two sets of multiples. One set was triplets -- Isabella, Ava and Sophia and the other set was twins -- Christina and Michaela.

Now, it's easy taking care of the kids -- when they're children and teenagers. But as toddlers that have twin and triplet siblings, that's super hard. Especially since Morgana was the only one home because Chris was constantly out of the house, working at the hospital. So you have to potty train 3 kids before they grow up.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:43 PM
Well, hopefully my sims can take care of 6 children. Their eldest just turned into a child so he's a little easier to handle but then Madison had triplets (all boys) and then twins (boys again). Busy house!

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nei tsukishime

Same. I think at one point I had two babies and one toddlers but the mother had the moodlet manager and almost all the lifetime rewards (hardly hungry, steel bladder) so she was like superwoman.

Then again I've never really had to test myself because... I rarely have Sim kids (my self Sim has the Dislikes Children trait - somewhat like me in real life ).
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:20 PM
I have tried taking care of a pair of twins and I almost go crazy after one sim day... I just hate kids...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:37 PM
I built a whole separate nursery room for my babies with a closable door containing all the required baby equipment and toys since it really wound me up when I would wake one parent to feed the baby and then by the time they stopped just looking at it for ten minutes and actually picked the thing up, the crying had usually woken the other parent - gah!

So now - completely separate baby wing and no problems with multiple babies. I've never used a babysitter, I just make sure one parent is home all the time - usually they end up going a little bonkers, but hey!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:40 PM
My sim takes 5 It was a mess when 3 of them were toddlers, and the other two babies! :O

ingeborgsk
Forum Resident
#16 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:18 PM
I've had a set of toddler twins and infant triplets. It's not all that hard really. I mean, the toddlers need to be trained now, but they have longer to be trained than in TS2. I always set aside a day for each toddler to learn everything, and it works easily. Potty training isn't a big deal - just keep putting them on there until it's done. May take 3 or 4 goes, but each time it moves the bar up quite a bit, regardless of how full or empty their bladders are. Even with triplets, thats still only three days of teaching. And if you get potty training done really early, you rarely have to worry about dirty diapers any more as they'll hold on for a LONG time. And babies aren't difficult at all - I generally find that you only need to feed them and bring their social up twice a day and change them once. So, for triplets, that's only roughly nine visits to the nursery at MOST. Not so bad really, especially when there are two parents or a teenage sibling or two around. However, I've found that (at least at the beginning) they've always needed the same things at roughly the same time, which makes it even easier as you don't need to stop your sims from doing other things every five seconds. Definitely easier than TS2 - unrealistically easy. I miss the dirty diapers, tbh.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:45 PM
I've had 1 set of twins and 1 set of triplets before. They were born a couple of days apart (I really like to churn kids out) and MY GOD I wanted to seriously put them all up for adoption.

Toddlers are the worst, I think. I don't like teaching them to walk, talk, poop. And there's no smart baby juice so they learn their skills faster! I ended up with a girl that was a Loner, Can't Stand Art, and Slob because I got lazy with her learning. Now she's ruined for life!!
Inventor
#18 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:50 PM
I don't understand why people make their sims have babies (and lots of them) if they don't want to bother taking care of the babies once they are born. Just make loner, career-minded sims and forget about marrying them off if you don't want kids. Since I do use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, and the mods for making toddler skills instant, I could take care of a bunch of babies with no problem. You can even use the static motives for most of a baby's and toddler's life in those stages and then wouldn't have to worry about taking care of them at all. You would only need to take the toddler off static needs when you want to do the potty training. Then you can put everyone back on dynamic needs once the toddlers become children. They can take care of themselves then.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
I don't understand why people make their sims have babies (and lots of them) if they don't want to bother taking care of the babies once they are born. Just make loner, career-minded sims and forget about marrying them off if you don't want kids. Since I do use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, and the mods for making toddler skills instant, I could take care of a bunch of babies with no problem. You can even use the static motives for most of a baby's and toddler's life in those stages and then wouldn't have to worry about taking care of them at all. You would only need to take the toddler off static needs when you want to do the potty training. Then you can put everyone back on dynamic needs once the toddlers become children. They can take care of themselves then.

With me, at least, I want my sim to multitask. I want a real career and lots of kids. I guess to me if my sims aren't having babies, even ONE baby, then what's the point?
Scholar
#20 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:46 PM
I just had 3 toddlers and 2 babies at one point. No babysitter, but I had a maid. Mom stayed at home and basically slept whenever she could and when dad came home, he took over until about 2 am and she would sleep then.

In sims2 I never had more than 2 kids in the house. I only did this because mom came in halfway to elderhood and she wanted 5 kids so I decided to try it, and I had to have them all back to back if she were going to make it. She made it JUST in time -- she elderfied when the last two babies became toddlers.

Basically, except for feeding them and potty training them ASAP, I just let them run around and do their thing. They ALL ended up with all the toddler goals and the toddler skills "maxed" (or to the secret 3 skill you know what I mean)

It got easier as the kids got older. When they were tiny I felt like I was playing "whack-a-mole", just running around every time a kid turned yellow in the screen.

Now I they are 2 teens, 1 child and the toddlers are going to age up next time I play. It was CRAZY and I'm glad that now everyone will be able to take care of their own needs but it was kind of a neat challenge.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu

Gosh, you act like they're real kids or something. Sometimes the number of children a Sim has is out of our control. Or a baby just pops up out of no where. Sometimes when a Sim woohoo with another Sim (meaning, not trying for baby), the Sim gets pregnant. Or the player wants to fulfill their Sim's lifetime wish.

Or, the player wants to play around with genes. Personally speaking, I hate kids. Even in game, sometimes. But if my Sim wants them, so be it. It's a great way to explore parenting without really having to do it, IMO. Seeing how tiring it is raising kids in a Sims game, I know for a fact that I don't want kids in real life.
Inventor
#22 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
Gosh, you act like they're real kids or something.

Real kids, sims kids, doesn't matter. The point is that I see people complaining about having to take care of these sim babies, that they themselves allowed either deliberately, or let happen and that makes no sense to me. You do have a choice, just like in real life. You don't have to make sims that have babies and if you do decide to have your sims making babies, then learn to face the consequences. Or use cheats. I love the sims babies but want my sim parents to also be able to do other things, so I use the cheats in order to make all the sims, parents and children, happy. If I was so gungho to not use cheats, then I would only have myself to blame for all the hard work it is to take care of them.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 8:10 PM
lol wow, lots of people hate babies...

My family had 6 -- triplets, back-to-back (All boys and 1 girl. Ack!) But I just built a room, put the cribs in a circle, and had the parents rotate their schedules -- neither works, they just own the town. So it was pretty easy there. It was when they all turned into toddlers, and had to learn their skills that it got rough, but even then, it went in birth-order and everyone grew up happy.
Inventor
#24 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
lol wow, lots of people hate babies...

My family had 6 -- triplets, back-to-back (All boys and 1 girl. Ack!) But I just built a room, put the cribs in a circle, and had the parents rotate their schedules -- neither works, they just own the town. So it was pretty easy there. It was when they all turned into toddlers, and had to learn their skills that it got rough, but even then, it went in birth-order and everyone grew up happy.

Good for you! I usually have one parent that works (the npc that marries in) and my own created sim is the one that doesn't have a career and takes care of the house/garden/fishing, etc. that brings in money, too. So the stay at home one is the one that watches over the kid(s) if needed. Which usually isn't needed for me, except to put the kid back in his/her crib to sleep.
Rubric Wrangler
#25 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:14 PM
Four babies/toddlers at a time. I had them all rapid-fire, so my mum basically spent most of her time on mat leave anyway (overlapping mat leave is kinda funny actually, I always imagine the employers fuming). Things slowed down after the first three. My favourite strategy is to teach the tots as fast a possible and grow them up early (I love my sim kiddies, but toddlers are just a pain!). As long as they have all of their skills they do fine (I always get to pick the trait). It was easy-peasy compared to the Sims 2!

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Page 1 of 3