Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 11:43 AM
Where can I find TXTR extractor HELP!
I'm having trouble converting BMP files into TXTR files with SimPE as it looses quality. Looking around the forums I found out this is a very commom problem and averybody in connverting the files using this TXTR Extractor program. Only I cannot find this program anywhere!! I have been looking like crazy and cannot find it!
ARGH!!! :banghead:
I'm loosing my temper trying to find this program!! Can anyone help me??

Onlly Illusion brings disillusion
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 12:22 PM
You might get more help in object creation and texturing forum. Moving there now.

Teresa
Instructor
#3 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 1:14 PM
I understand your point, but txtr extractor use Nvidia DDS tools and SimPE is using as well. SimPE has a lot of different options to import textures. If you use the "Built DXT" will be the same quality of TXTR extractor, since is using Nvidia DDS tools.

anyway, you can use search (in Sims2tools forum) to find the program.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 1:14 PM
Try search the creator of the txtr genarator -- phervers may find the thread

Welcome to SunairSims

Recommended browser for the sims2 section of my site: IE (came with Windows XP), AOL 9.0 Optimized SE, last version of FireFox vs Flash and SunJava plugin.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinhead
I understand your point, but txtr extractor use Nvidia DDS tools and SimPE is using as well. SimPE has a lot of different options to import textures. If you use the "Built DXT" will be the same quality of TXTR extractor, since is using Nvidia DDS tools.

anyway, you can use search (in Sims2tools forum) to find the program.

Where in SimPE can I find this Built DXT thing?

Onlly Illusion brings disillusion
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 2:15 PM Last edited by Dr Pixel : 10th Jun 2005 at 2:20 PM.
Build DXT is only needed when you re-import your image into SimPE after editing it, there is no need to export except as .png in the usual way.

It is all explained here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...35&postcount=12
Instructor
#7 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 4:17 PM Last edited by pinhead : 10th Jun 2005 at 4:21 PM.
Dr. Pixel, i always export textures as BMP using SimPE.
You just need to change the drop down file types and choose BMP. But SimPE has a little problem and use png extension to give a name to the file, so you just need to remove the png extension of the name. Otherwise will create a PNG file and not a BMP.

EDITED:

And other thing, TXTR Extractor has a little problem with alphas. The white color in alpha channel is just a little bit more dark (grey) and then the texture will be a little transparent. So, is more job to do to correct this little problem.

BMP created by SimPE is better.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 9:28 PM
Thanx for the help guys, I downloaded the DDS tools and used the Built DXT thing, it took some time but I finally figure it out. Thanx! ^_^