Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Although I suppose it wouldn't be viable considering how many different orientations there are (to the person who said they make their Sims omnisexual, if you're still reading - I can't remember your username, sorry! - what exactly does that mean? It sounds like a fancy word for bisexual to me. Wrong?)

I'm not the person who said it, but omnisexual/pansexual means that you're attracted to both men and women and also people who don't fall in either group. For instance, intersexes, agendered, genderqueer, transvestites, and androgyns.
It could also cover people who are attracted to non-humans (like the women who married the Eiffel Tower or Jack Harkness) but probably not in the context of The Sims.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:03 AM
Ahhh! I knew what pansexual meant, but omnisexual was an entirely knew term for me. Thank you for clearing that up!
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 8:07 AM
Some of my Sims are in same-sex relationships and some in the M/F kind, but I can't quite tell the Sims' orientations from their relationships. What I mean is, I can't tell whether any or all of them are bi.

Certainly my self-Sim is bi, but she's not involved with anyone so it's kind of academic. As to Janet, I believe the word is "omnivorous."
One Minute Ninja'd
#54 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 1:03 PM
An omnivorous omnisexual? I'm getting this confused with the omniplant.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Then again so far I think in my entire "career(TS2-TS3) as a sims player" I think I only played one Asian, a handful of white people, even less black people and no Indians and Native-Americans.

So what do you play mostly? Purple people? Or Arabs? (who's left?)

I rarely ever play LGBT couples. I played them more in TS2 but in TS3 I've only had one bisexual Sim (and she wasn't really bisexual, she just hooked up with a girl in France) and one gay celebrity couple in Bridgeport that adopted a troubled child. I have a lesbian Fiona Apple-type Sim in my bin who I'm planning on playing one of these days when I get around to giving a shit about Showtime again. So sadly that day may never come...
Test Subject
#56 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:48 PM
I usually tend to play, or at least begin my game with, hetoresexual sims. Whenever I play with a heartbreaker type, or just one who wants lots of children, they typically go after the people of the opposite gender...for the children (Ruben da Playah got a total of ten children in his family tree before I got bored of him and his dark purple-skinned children), but sometimes I may go overboard and just have them sleep with everyone, regardless of gender and sexual orientation.

I believe I've played around three bisexual sims (the heartbreakers), two homosexual woman, as well as two openly homosexual man. Although, one homosexual male and one homosexual female had lived with each other and eventually married somehow, so I don't think they count.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
So what do you play mostly? Purple people? Or Arabs? (who's left?)

To be fair, those purple people are pretty Goddamn sexy.

Test Subject
#58 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 2:48 AM
I have a teen lesbian couple right now, I had originally made a straight married couple and they had a daughter, and as she grew up she had an imaginary friend and after she turned her into a real person, their relationship developed into much more they go to prom in a few days, actually!
Instructor
#59 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 3:06 AM
Most of my sims are lesbians but that's almost entirely due to the fact that I have about six times as much content for females than males, and as a result I really only make female sims. =P
Mad Poster
#60 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 3:22 AM
I don't intentionally, but sometimes things just happen.

For example, I discovered that Lurch kinda had a thing for Uncle Fester.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 3:30 AM
The only heterosexual couple I've played in, well...a *very* long time is my simself and my husband. I get all giddy about any homosexual couples that pair up in town and lovelovelove to play LGBT couples myself. I admit to being partial to lesbain/bi over gay male because, well, I'm a girl and I like me some girls LOL Next I think I'm going to start a new game with my simself and a sim based on an ex-girlfriend, just to see what the game does with the pairing.

I have two couples that go into every game I play, one a lesbian couple who paired up in one of the first TS3 games I played and I am just totally in love with, they are *so* sickeningly adorable together, the other a gay male couple based on RL friends of mine. It's interesting that in every game, both couples stay true to each other. So much for those supposed stereotypes someone mentioned.

I'm also a big fan of letting the sexuality of kids born in-game be decided by their imaginary friend, making them pair off (mostly so I don't have to hunt down a partner for them...I don't really like sending them out into the world solo).
Eminence Grise
#62 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
ROBOTS. ARE NOT. FOR FUCKING.

Matter of opinion! But I won't provide the links that prove the contrary

As for me, it is a purely functional thing. Any sim I want to get paired up quickly when they age, I set up with whoever their best friend is at their birthday party, regardless of gender (if that sim is still too young, I buy a second birthday cake and fix that ) And any sim who needs to woohoo a lot is bisexual, just because that's more efficient.

The exception would be the case where for whatever reason I want genetic offspring; in that case I tend to go heterosexual, though I know I have alternatives with mods. Just old-fashioned I guess.
Instructor
#63 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:32 AM
I tend to play non-human alien sims and they are bi.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 10:46 PM
I don't always play with homosexual sims. But when I do, they tend to have fights about what is there to eat, then woohoo, then off to the movies, rinse and repeat.

I have no witty comments to mention here.
Page 3 of 3