Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Black Screen Before Game Start Up
well, that usually happens with games, right? A short black screen before a game pops up but in my case, this screen can last from 5-10 minutes and when I had all my CC in last night to check, it lasted for 9 hours. Maybe it would have lasted for more but I cancelled the process in task manager.

I took all my CC out and it now lasts for about 2 minutes, sometimes less, but, I don't know, is this SUPPOSED to happen? And why does it do this? I've reinstalled three times and it ALWAYS does it.

I'm not sure what it is. It's persistent and seems affected by CC but still occurs even when its out for an extended period of time.

My specs:
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 5670
Win7.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:01 PM
1. are your mods up to date?

2. is your game fully updated? you can use this program to check fot updates.

3. try deleting chache and thumbnails http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files

4. if you have to many packages it can slow down the loading time. you can merge package files. http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html
Forum Resident
#3 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 10:09 PM
a black loading screen with vanilla sims 3 (without any cc) is really weird. do you have troubles with other games or programs in general? or is it only happening with sims 3?
do you clean up your computer from time to time? did you check your computers health with anti virus software?

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:06 AM
Hey, guys, thought to check up. I found that the screen seems to just be something I'm stuck with, but as for why it hung for hours, Nraas Overwatch/Errortrap caused the issue.

I don't have any other problems running other games, they all just pop up and run. I guess it's just how this game is.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:08 PM
did you seek for help at nraas? maybe its a "known" issue that can be easily solved from someone who knows about the mods best (those guys at nraas industries - nraas.wikispaces.com)
btw are overwatch and error trap for your patch level?

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>