Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 7:25 PM
Default My game won't load with EA neighbourhoods
Hej,

I've had some problems with my sims 3 as of late. The past few days I've been unable to get it to work. It seems that my game refuses to load if I have any EA created neighborhoods installed, but has no problem loading with tons of mods and cc.

Is there a way for me to fix this or does anyone know the cause of this?

It all started randomly the other day, where everything was working fine. I exited the game to install a bit of CC (some hair and clothes) and then it wouldn't load back up. I have since made it load as I stated, even with the CC that I thought had caused the problem, so I'm assuming that they are not corrupt/bad.
The game won't even load if the only thing installed are neighborhoods, so I'm quite confident that it's only them, but it makes no sense to me, seeing as I have no other neighborhoods other than EA ones.

I hope you guys can help me. At least my game is working, but it sucks having paid for stuff and then being unable to use them all of a sudden :/
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 8:35 PM
If CC could be a possible cause, you should try to boot up the game without any CC and see if you have any problems. If there's no more crashing, it's bad CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
If CC could be a possible cause, you should try to boot up the game without any CC and see if you have any problems. If there's no more crashing, it's bad CC.

but the game runs fine with CC, it's running right now as a matter of fact, but I can't launch it with any of the EA created neighborhoods
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 8:53 PM
Corrupted CC does not always result into crashes on start up. It can also cause lag/freezes or situational crashes. If one world uses certain objects that your CC effects , it is possible that this world crashes and the other one not. Also keep in mind that in the case of hair or clothes, the crash could occur when some random sim uses it. Not just the sims you play with.

Anyway, I suggest to start with the default checks to track down possible issues. Unless you want to keep guessing :p

For a new world, starting without CC and deleted cache files is a fast test. And it won't affect your save that works if you remember to put the CC back ofc I suggest to start here.