Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:51 AM Last edited by [email protected] : 31st Jul 2014 at 1:03 PM. Reason: Trying to change display name or delete post..

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Yet another problem with intermittent lag
I've narrowed down my problem, curiously, to only occurring when a certain sim is selected. We'll call him B for bugged, and if he is selected, any camera movement causes a few seconds of semi-freeze, that is time and sims are stopped, the camera can not be moved, yet animations such as water, trees, and zzz's continue, sound continues as if there is no problem, and the mouse cursor moves fine, though selections are delayed until unfreezing. Even without moving the screen it will often just happen on its own. Simtime does not pass at all, when the freeze is finally over, which can take over a minute, everything resumes as if nothing had happened. With my other sim selected, none of these things happen. I'd thought this may have been one of a variety of issues. I installed Overwatch and Master Controller in an attempt to alleviate the issue, and I have resetSim * multiple times. With MC I have even attempted to reset everything and have total annihilation-ed all sims except the active dorm, when at the University with no difference in the freezing. Since then I moved B out of Sim Univ and back home at Midnight Falls, where at first the bug didn't seem to be present, but it now occurs there as well. I have updates my graphics drivers and used the catalyst control center to tell my card to force Vsync on the TS3W.exe, though it seems to have done little. I have done a full reinstall and cleared out my cache and the entire Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 folder entirely except for the save files with no beneficial result. I also have the routing-fixed Midnight Falls and Sims University worlds, as I originally thought, when the problem was less severe, that it was a routing issue. I also disabled memories via the game options menu and removed all of them with MasterController, which helped none. The bug never appears within buy/build mode.

Saves
Is this on a brand new town or a pre-patched save? - This bug began after many sim days of playing in the University, though it now exists with that sim when back in the normal town, midnight falls.
If new Save, how long in SimTime has this save been running for? What's the total folder size? Fifty days, maybe? 48 MB folder size for that save
What is the world name? Midnight Falls and the Sim University.
Tested a CC-free game with just the recommended mods, yet? Bug existed before any CC was installed.
Sims/Household/Population
Is this a custom or default Household on a custom or default Lot? Default lot, custom household and house, both small.
What is the Lot size? One of the smaller sizes, doesn't seem to affect the bug at all.
How do you generally play? Stick to one Household or Switch families? I stick to one household, though sent the one sim off to Sim U for a degree. I reloaded pre-university saves twice, going back each time and with no issues, until I noticed the issue.
How many Sims in the Household you normally play? Two
The freeze/lag symptoms only for this Household or all Households when you switch? Only for the one sim.
If you visit a comm Lot, how many Sims usually turn up? I usually don't, but a handful.
If you know how to do this using a mod, how many Sims are in this town's save? ie total population of the world, how many generations, etc.. - 158 people in Midnight Falls. Was 177 at the Uni until I annihilated everything, but even with none the bug persisted.

List all the packs that you have: All of the expansion packs.

List what patch version the BASE GAME is on : version 1.67.2.024001 .. If that's the base game version I'm looking at there.

GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3516 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 4288 RAM: 8156 Adjusted RAM: 7644 Cores: 6

AMD FX 6300, 6 core processor 3.5 GHz
AMD HD 7950 GPU
Win 7 64bit

Thank you for your time, and for any help that can be rendered.

(Yeah... Made this account just to download the route-fixed worlds, hadn't planned on posting, forgot about the username. OH WELL!)

Update
To take another look at the situation I started a new game in a new town. As expected, the bug was nonexistent, though as time went on I noticed little slowdowns and jumps here and there. Many seemed to coincide with message from Overwatch about things it had found. It seems to enjoy removing scores of vehicles at once for example (perhaps I should get around to adding the route-fixed world for this town, but, eh, it doesn't seem to be the primary concern). As time has gone on in this new game it has gotten worse, and the freezes are occurring more often, lasting longer. While still only at the stage of 'annoying', within the past two hours of playing it has gotten, perhaps, twice as worse. If that trend continues I'll have to abandon this sim as well. This one has nine roomates, but they had been around for awhile before the problem began to crop up. Memories are still disabled, and the graphics settings are all rather low from the reinstall, I just haven't bothered to set them higher again yet. This is a rather small lot with not so many objects. Likely the most densely object populated potion is the modest garden with about fifteen or so plants, hardly anything demanding.

The fact that it, again, is slowly building up again leads me to believe that there is something wrong and it just keeps getting compounded.. But I'm still not sure what is wrong. ErrorTrap from the maker of Master Controller is now also installed.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:42 PM
after reading your description i feel much older ;-) just kidding of course
that you said the lag / freeze bug existed before you had any cc confuses me. i would think then that your computer isnt able to handle the game - but your hardware doesnt sound bad at all to me (but i m a noob)
if the bug is due to only one sim i would say enjoy the game and play another one, but you also stated that the freezes return after playing a new sim (+ town) a while. another hint for me that your computer isnt able to handle the bigger growing save game data (also i see no reason for that with you hardware).
the only question i have is the following: is your game fully patched? my advice would be to patch the game again BUT manually (just in case, launcher updates are incomplete sometimes) if the game is ok you can put in all your cc again but before you should check if all mods are for the patch level and of course not in conflict!

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>