Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 8:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Black screen during or after exiting
Hiiiiiiii.

I keep getting the black screen as soon as i try to exit the game. I always save first then quit. And this is the second time this has happened (first was yesterday). I haven't experienced anything bad in-game, everything seems to run smoothly and I haven't had any issues while/when trying to save.

I also have a dual monitor and they both have the black screen, giving me no choice really other than to restart in order to be able get to the desktop. I have tried running the task manager, pressing the windows button, and alt + f4 which i found in some yahoo answer thing and none of them worked.

I'm not too sure if it relates to this but when i got the sims 2 ultimate collection, i had a problem wherein i was stuck with the 800x600 resolution and one of the suggestions to fix this was to update my driver i think it was. so i did and it seemed to have fixed my sims 2 issue. again im not sure if this is related since my sims 3 game seems to be running okay and normal. but in any case, im just putting it out there.

also i checked my saves folder and the save file is there. so im pretty sure it's been saved properly. which is great but i dont really fancy having to restart everytime i want to exit the game. i'd also like to say that i haven't played sims 3 for a few weeks now that's why im not too sure as to what could've caused this.

hopefully someone can help me out and thank you!!