Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 11:19 AM Last edited by Birgitte Heuschkel : 7th Sep 2019 at 11:36 AM.
Default Detective: Cannot interrogate prisoner
I've searched the net far and wide, and there are clearly many glitches with GTW. Mine is being stuck in the Detective career -- I've made the arrest, I have a suspect at the police station (though she does tend to try to run off, she's still back every morning). My task is to interrogate her in order to close the case -- but every time I click the interrogation table and pick the suspect, my sim just resets himself. It's as if the table simply doesn't respond. Neither sim tries to move or shouts about obstructed paths -- there's just plain old no response whatsoever.

I've tried quitting the career and restarting it (suspect and case stayed the same), I've tried using MCC to kill the suspect (no change except she turned into a ghost). I run no mods that should interfere with the GTW careers, any of them.

I can't seem to find a fix or workaround -- help me, hivemind, help me!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 11:36 AM
... Well, you know what they say. Whine about it on the web and the problem solves itself.

I kept searching and a minute after I sobbingly wrote the post above, what happens but that I find a solution elsewhere. The solution is, use the cheat to build on the lot, use the cheat to see hidden objects, replace the darn table. It's the interrogation table that glitches.

Tested and tried, works fine now. Leaving this post up in case someone else encounters a similar issue.