Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:01 PM
Default Pets at uni
I have a crazy cat gentleman at college at the moment, who raised four kittens to adulthood. Getting them in and aging them up after one college year was achieved easyly enough by SimBlender. Now I want the only female cat have kittens and the option to "produce kittens with" comes up with all three tomcats alright.

Problem is, the cats do not age naturally in the uni subhood, so a pregnancy would not progress, I take it? SimBlender can speed up pregnancies, but I checked with a pregnant pet in another household and the option doesn't come up. Pets only seem to have the option to terminate a pregnancy (exactly the opposite from what I want).
So, do I need to wait for my kittens until after graduation or do you know about a method to let a pet pregnancy come to term at college?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:04 PM
You might have done better with having him do college from home instead of going to uni. You still could if you drop him out, age him back to teen and turn him into a YA in the main hood. You just need Squinge's college pack. I would also wipe away some of the memories of his first uni experience.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:13 PM
No need to drop out and do the age thing, you can move an existing YA to main hood by moving them in with the Simblender. They won't age up to adult, if you have Squinges college pack. One of my YAs dated a dormie that I considered to be three years below him, so when he graduated and moved back I had her move in with him and finish college from the main hood. Had no problems moving her in using the Simblender.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:15 PM
Technically, yes, but storywise that won't work. His homecountry doesn't have a real college other than a conservatory and he won't risk his parents's anger by dropping out to breed kittys. Not after all the hard work they put into securing him that spot at a foreign uni.

EDIT: It just occured to me that I can add a small business district to the mainhood, name it "Takemizu" and plop down a house for the guy. So storywise he'd still be in Takemizu, but he could do the college from home thing and the cats would age. Thanks for your suggestions, both of you!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:25 PM
They're not suggesting that, as Squinge's mod would allow him to finish college while living off-campus.

But if you don't want to install that mod - Does he have any friends in the main hood, or any friends who are graduating and moving back? He could temporarily give the pregnant cat to the friend to take care of (make up some reason, perhaps having to do with cat health), visiting frequently to maintain the relationship with the cat, until the kittens are born. Then the friend can give them back (but the kittens will be kittens for the rest of his college career).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
They're not suggesting that, as Squinge's mod would allow him to finish college while living off-campus.

I don't understand? They suggested Squinge's college-from-home mod to me, or did I get that wrong? And I objected that I cannot do college from home, because the student's homecountry has no college. But then it occured to me that I could create a new subhood, move him there and do the college-from-home solution that they suggested, after all. Only storywise he wouldn't be back in the mainhood, but still in Takemizu.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what I believed or understood or misunderstood. You're right, all I need is to have the mommy cat in an aging on environment for a couple of days. Get her pregnant, teleport her out, deliver kittens, teleport kittens and mommy back to college, done. I'll do it this way and pretend the pregnancy happened at college. Oh, and they won't be kittens for the rest of the college time. I'm going to age them up with the Blender after a year same as I did with their parents.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:38 PM
I believe Peni was talking about your comment about him dropping out.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:43 PM
Gummi, good to know about.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I believe Peni was talking about your comment about him dropping out.

Ah, makes sense
Alegra and Benny (the cats) will have their date tomorrow. I hope Puck (the student) will be more civil seeing Ben date than Ben was when he saw Puck date today, lol.