Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:21 AM Last edited by Lyralei : 21st Feb 2018 at 10:33 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Help!
I'm trying to download a resource.cfg file for the sims 3. I have patch 1.69.43.024017. Then I go to documents/my username/ electronic arts/ and then the sims 3. I download the ready-made frameworksetup.zip to the stated above. I extract this to the same location and I open the mods folder. I have the three items, overrides, packages, and resource. The last is supposed to say resource.cfg but it says resoucre without the cfg. What do I do? Then when I open packages its supposed to say NoBuildSparkles.package and nointro.package. Instead, it just says nobuildsparkles and nointro without the .package. What do I do? I have 7-zip and WinRAR installed. If someone could help me that would be wonderful, thank you!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 8:03 AM
Hi GingerxGoddess
Your mods folder is probably fine and done correctly. Windows hides the file extensions by default. You are not seeing the .cfg or the .package . You can unhide the file extension names in Folder Options. Like my picture at the bottom, find the folder options (search for it in Windows), then untick the choice that says "hide extensions for known file types". (Mine is still ticked.) Now check your mod folder again and feel the joy (I hope).
Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 9:16 AM
The above is correct, but the Resource.cfg file and the mods will work the same whether extensions are displayed or not. That's just a cosmetic thing, the game doesn't care how Windows displays the file names to the user.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Hi GingerxGoddess
Your mods folder is probably fine and done correctly. Windows hides the file extensions by default. You are not seeing the .cfg or the .package . You can unhide the file extension names in Folder Options. Like my picture at the bottom, find the folder options (search for it in Windows), then untick the choice that says "hide extensions for known file types". (Mine is still ticked.) Now check your mod folder again and feel the joy (I hope).

Thank you so much! This worked!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:33 AM