Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#201 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
You can remove it in the CAS. I forget the exact option to get to it in play, it might be under Edit Saddle.

I think it may be only male unicorns that have them but I have yet to find any unicorn mares in my game. But I do know I was able to remove the beard without needing to cheat to get to it.

Ah. Okay, thanks!

That's great news for me. Now I need to find a unicorn. They're probably rarer than all of the other creatures in this game, though, aren't they? T_T

This is the very first time in the history of The Sims that I have ever actually cared about the creature. So I'm not used to finding them. lol

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#202 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 12:01 AM
I want it soooo.... much

My Simblr: Here
Scholar
#203 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Ah. Okay, thanks!

That's great news for me. Now I need to find a unicorn. They're probably rarer than all of the other creatures in this game, though, aren't they? T_T

This is the very first time in the history of The Sims that I have ever actually cared about the creature. So I'm not used to finding them. lol

Actually, as far as I can tell there's always one in the hood...it just only spawns at night. You can tell it's there from the big rainbow beam of light you can see from mapview at night. And they seem to tend to spawn in the same spot of your hood at different nights; for me it's the waterfall (and in Hidden Springs, the beach).

I catch him hanging out with the wild horses a lot too.
Inventor
#204 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Can't confirm that any of this works as expected though Try it and tell us what you find out!

Wildlife does indeed spawn in custom hoods I've seen a snake, a stray dog, and a wild horse so far in Glendalough!
Loving this EP, it and Late Night are my faves!
Test Subject
#205 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:18 AM
My pets are not showing fuzz, they're just really blocky... But they looked just fine in the Pets demo. :-/

Y U NO WORK!?
Field Researcher
#206 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:23 AM
ArnaBarnari, I think you need a better graphics card or computer.

Lab Assistant
#207 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:47 AM
The first thing I thought after making a wire hair fox terrier (I named him Asta Charles. If you get that reference, I'll love you forever.) was "holy ^%$# its tiny!" I mean, maybe its just me. Maybe I had the camera zoomed out too much, but he looked tiny!!! They don't look tiny in screen shots, so I don't know.
Scholar
#208 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ArnaBarnari
My pets are not showing fuzz, they're just really blocky... But they looked just fine in the Pets demo. :-/

Y U NO WORK!?

Does it look really pixelly too? Try turning on advanced rendering or w/e it's called in Options. When I installed pets somehow it unchecked that for me.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#209 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:37 AM
Ladyhawke, I just have to compliment your graphics. Ever since this game came out, I have been scrutinizing mine and they are certainly not up to par! What card do you have?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
#210 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
Ladyhawke, I just have to compliment your graphics. Ever since this game came out, I have been scrutinizing mine and they are certainly not up to par! What card do you have?

My compuer knowledge is quite sad and what is there was built into the system when I purchased it. But the graphics processor in the system is:

ATI Radeon HD 3450.
Top Secret Researcher
#211 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:16 AM
Okay, dogs also seems to mourn the dead. My dead womrat must be so proud. LOL
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#212 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by opiumgirl
Oh I almost forgot. I went to the pet shelter thingy near my house and couldn't get in because the lady was in labour on the lawn.Everyone was ignoring her so my sim took pity on the poor thing and took her to the hospital and then wanted to "be with mother" !? I didn't know sims can do this with complete strangers, how bizarre! He still has not actually met her.

Did this lot come with AP or did you create it? If it is the former, can you post a picture of this lot? I was hoping for an animal adoption center.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
#213 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:07 AM
First impressions...Well, I do like having all the pets in my game, I missed the pets so much from Sims 2.

When I got the game yesterday, the first thing I did was make me and my boyfriend into the game and then mess around with creating the dogs/cats/horses. At first, I had issues with how the graphic looks, but then I turned it to high rendering and it looked so much better.

The one thing that bothers me the most it the fact that you can store animals in your inventory. My self Sim put one of her snakes in her inventory without me knowing, and then I suddenly got this random notification about the snake running away into the wild because it was in the inventory for too long. Now I'm paranoid about one of them putting any of the other various animals they have, like the two birds that I love.

Also, every time I see a deer, it just rampages past my Sim. And I have yet to see my favorite animal, the raccoon. The deer just go running by and don't give me a chance for interaction.

I started up the game an hour ago, and now if I get close to my dog and my two cats, they change into a weird black or green color. If I back up a little, it's their normal skin again. The same thing happens when I go to the pop-up for adopting animals. The graphics are all screwed up and it takes forever to load the preview icon for the animals. Except, for some reason, none of this is affecting the horses at all.

Aside from all that, I do enjoy it so far. I'm hoping they have a patch out soon fixing some of these problems that a lot of people seem to be having.

"And if you look out of the right hand side of the aircraft, you'll notice that the right wing is on fire."
Call me Dei
Field Researcher
#214 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:39 AM
So, can anyone confirm whether pets can go on vacation or not? I don't think we had a straight answer before...
Test Subject
#215 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly
So, can anyone confirm whether pets can go on vacation or not? I don't think we had a straight answer before...

Sadly they don't come up on the list of other people you can take with you.

Was kind of hoping you could..just so I could figure out how to feed them if you didn't have a vacation home/brought them in tomb. Probably for the best, World Adventures is so bizzaro world with bugs sometimes, its best not to test cross compatibility with other expansions. lol.
Field Researcher
#216 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly

No I don't think pets can g on vacation. I tried with a horse, a cat, a puppy and an adult dog to go on vacation and they were not options to take with me.
Scholar
#217 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lemonez13
Sadly they don't come up on the list of other people you can take with you.

Was kind of hoping you could..just so I could figure out how to feed them. Probably for the best, World Adventures is so bizzaro world with bugs sometimes, its best not to test cross compatibility with other expansions.

Missing out on the chance to take an Arabian to Egypt though. Vacation lot...with a tent...just you, the oasis, and your Bedouin-raised stallion...

Darnit.

As for how to feed them, apparently you can make gourmet pet food/horse treats on the stove. Although there's no way to store the petfood in the fridge, and I did get a warning about being careful of food with expiration dates, so I don't know how practical it is that you end up making five servings at a time.
Forum Resident
#218 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
No I don't think pets can g on vacation. I tried with a horse, a cat, a puppy and an adult dog to go on vacation and they were not options to take with me.

With Twallan's Traveler mod you can bring pets on vacation.
Alchemist
#219 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:05 AM Last edited by SuicidiaParasidia : 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:18 AM.
now that the glitch that had my pets running around like something out of Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde has been eliminated... i have to say... the animals are pretty cute. much less robotic than they were in sims 2, and ive noticed that they actually behave more like the animals they are mimicking.

for example, cats stretch out now and then as they snooze. they get a catnip moodlet after playing with a toy for a while (and sometimes wobble around like a real cat who has just finished their 'catnip time'). dogs bark at strays. horses run around whenever they need to stretch their legs, and when a sim offers their hand to an animal to sniff it, they dont immediately go in for the sniff ;3 (cautious, like REAL animals! le gasp~). dogs wag their tail at the owner sim/friendly pets. horses take dirt baths. xD all of them get fleas and actually act like theyve got fleas while they do, pausing to scratch every now and then.

i like that pets can choose a favorite sleeping spot. i like that i can control them now without having to cheat. i like that there are so many interactions now for inter-pet relationships and now they have their own aspiration rewards.
i like how cats can learn how to hunt using their toys. xD (you just know that cats in the real world are "srs bsnss" about their playing with toys whilst we coo at them from the sidelines.)
i like how dogs can guard the house. guarding individual objects...not so much, but admittedly i havent played with that so much.
i like that i dont have to (as) constantly drop what im doing to run over and scold/praise an animal for doing something, and the more annoying behaviors have waned quite a bit (digging holes, peeing everywhere, destroying furniture/plants), which is always a plus.
i like that there are in-game options to encourage/discourage pets from visiting your lot (you can click on the sign and flip it to discourage if you dont want to encourage, or visa versa, and there are 3... one for cats, one for dogs, and one for wildlife, which i assume also means horses and deer and raccoons).
i like that you can get plant fertilizer from cleaning a horse stall. xD

i do and dont like how horses can get out of their stalls. its handy when they need exercise and the sim is asleep, but im pretty sure in the real world, stalls are designed to keep the horses from wandering around the stable whenever.

i dont like that they live so shortly and their life spans cant be mucked with to be longer. it seems like once ive finally fully trained a horse to be the best at jumping/racing, its time for it to die. yaaay, wasted efforts!
i also dont like how utterly vague and shapeless (or in the case of the chihuahua, badly proportioned) some of the breeds of cat and dog are. some of the coat patterns arent quite on the nose, either, and i got the impression that EA rushed through that part.
i dont like how little time a pet stays a kitten/puppy, either. i barely have time to appraise their cuteness before theyve up and popped into a fully formed adult (and im still waiting on more life stages for pets... at least a young adult stage).
i dont like how i need a mod to take my pets on vacation. (though i could understand not taking a cat along on vacation, since they typically dont enjoy traveling as much as dogs do... and horses would be a godsend on those chinese/egyptian off-road paths.)

overall, i must say, im really liking pets for sims 3 a lot more than i ever liked sims 2 pets.
here is a picture for your time, of my horses being not-monsters.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#220 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:16 PM
I think, I'm in love!

I played the game for 3 hours and I'm glad, that my GeForce GT 220 can handle it.
The animal animations are really cute and I enjoy it, watch the dog interact with my sim.

Elke and her dog Elvis:

Who's the boss??!!!

Yes, Elvis is a little pig.

Can't punish him for that! It's too funny to see him doing all this mess.
Scholar
#221 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:21 PM
I think we can all agree this is probably the "prettiest" expansion pack...the depth of some of the possible horse colors you can make is just killing me. And the 'hood! Far and away my favorite, even with the absolute crazy amount of route failures my horses wind up with. How can a horse get a route failure walking over to a sim ten feet away in the middle of a flat empty field...

Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
i like that pets can choose a favorite sleeping spot.

That's an excellent way to assign specific stalls to specific horses.

Quote:
i like that you can get plant fertilizer from cleaning a horse stall. xD

It's really, really good fertilizer too, I can see my best gardeners will wind up being "farmer/rancher" characters.

Quote:
i dont like that they live so shortly and their life spans cant be mucked with to be longer. it seems like once ive finally fully trained a horse to be the best at jumping/racing, its time for it to die. yaaay, wasted efforts!

Actually, not true. There's a lifetime award for sims that makes pets live longer, a LA for pets that's another "young again" potion, and if you go into your game options menu you can set the exact days each type of pet spends at each lifestage, the same way you can sims. If you find the lifetimes too short in general for horses just go and change it, or if you feel you need more time training them make them grow to adults sooner etc.
Field Researcher
#222 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:39 PM
Quote:
i dont like that they live so shortly and their life spans cant be mucked with to be longer

I don't have the game (parents ) but I do know that you can change how long they live seperatly from how long the Sims can live. So you can have a horse that lasts like 225 days and a SIms that live 25 days

Hope that helps Love all the photos

Scholar
#223 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:06 PM
Also if anyone hasn't noticed, Unicorns live a ridiculously long time. As in, in line with vampire lifetimes. So if the horses are living too short lives for your tastes but you don't want to muck around with the settings, go snag the unicorn.
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:10 PM
Okay, I know it's already been said that the Ice cream van seems less than savory - but add in the fog of the Twinbrook swamps at 11pm and it's even creepier.

My brother suggested it's spies. Definately spies.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Scholar
#225 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:12 PM
I wish I'd lose interest in Appaloosa already, I have this idea stuck in my head of how perfect taming a unicorn would be in Hidden Springs, with the fairytale theme. Too many possible storylines to play, too few mes. D:
Page 9 of 11