Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Should I make net shopping for Sims?
yes
27 96.43%
no
1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:29 PM
Default Internet shopping?
Would anybody be interested in internet shopping? As in, clothes, takeout etc.
Because its something Im working on, and if there's no interest, why bother ?

So what dya think?

The sims 2 Rockin' The Road Content Pack: www.sims2rockintheroad.tk
OR:
Sims 2 Rockin The Road Alt Url
Project Manager
As featured on CNN, NBC and Wired, click this link for a free Ipod!!! Dont be one of the skeptics that misses out, join in the craze!http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=8571212
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:35 PM
Well, would delivery be immediate? Or take like an hour?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:39 PM
Sorry, Chrisnjosh, but that already exists in the computer hacked by monique. It shops food, clothes by internet and also performs banking tasks.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:40 PM
yes i would like my sims 2 be able to buy clothes off their computers thatd be awsome
Stupid people are stupid
#5 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Man1968
Sorry, Chrisnjosh, but that already exists in the computer hacked by monique. It shops food, clothes by internet and also performs banking tasks.

I would really like one without the banking.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:52 PM
Well, I wasnt going to do banking, so Ill get going!
Delivery, for now, would be immediate. However, I will expand it so that there are more net options and delivery options as well. But, I dont know quite how I would do that.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:59 PM
Would they be able to buy the cell phone or or hand held game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 6:59 PM
Yes, they will now!
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 7:15 PM
I think this is a great idea
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 7:21 PM
yea me 2
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 7:46 PM
chrisnjosh, as Monique has already done an internet shopping computer here, could you do a slightly different one with Internet dating? Your Sim could be presented with a random selection of neighbourhood Sims (as in chat), but when they get to a certain relationship score with an individual perhaps they could arrange to meet for a 'date' at a neighbourhood lot (same interaction as 'invite Sim to neighbourhood lot'). I always thought it would be nice to have this interaction, perhaps instead of choosing a Sim by name/picture you could select by starsign or aspiration, and get presented with a selection of neighbourhood Romance taureans? Just an idea!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 7:49 PM
OH I love simsample's idea! That would be fantastic
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 8:11 PM
That would be soo awesome. Both the shopping and the dating ideas sound great.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 8:15 PM
I know it exists, but I love testing my ability, and so far, this is really fun to do.
Dating is a go! I will scale the chat functions and get coding.
dating may be slightly easier to do, because the semiglobals are local, as with cloths shopping, ALL the SG's are foreign.
Did i just speak in tongues?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 8:55 PM
Yes, that was definitely foreign to us mortals! chrisnjosh, if you could attempt this I'd be eternally grateful!
Scholar
#16 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 9:30 PM
So would I! The dating idea sounds awesome, as well as everything else! Well looking forward to this one!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 10:15 PM
Well, theres some debugging to be done, IE the animations etc, and then Ill beta it. Just say if you want to be on the beta test team.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 10:24 PM
Yes, I'd love to beta test it please!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 10:31 PM
okeypoke! I have nearly finished the clothes option, and the dating may take a while, but will be super D duper.
Testing now...
Failure. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:12 AM
If you do make one could you make a non expansion pack version. The idea sounds great by the way. Hope you find a way to do it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 10:55 PM
Ill make it non-EP, as best I can, because I dont think any of the functionality will be Ep dependant.

Its coming along nicely. However, I must mention that this object will be available to donwload ONLY as part of The Sims 2 Rockin The Road UM content pack
www.sims2rockintheroad.tk
REliable team members are automatically added to our beta list, and we are still recruiting...
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 7:13 PM
did i come up with it chris? sorry i can't remember............

And I like the dating idea! Very good!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 8:10 PM
No, you did not.

I have seen mystique's computer like this, and fankly, it seems rather pointless I continue. i would not have the banking function, and would only have the dating that is different.

Unless...
You could visit different web pages which inreased certain interests. That may be a good idea! What do ppl say? Like Conspiracy websites to increase interest in the paranormal(is that an interest?) and Finance to increase your interest in that.
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 8:15 PM
I would really love to be on the beta test team as well. Is that a possibility?

I think the different web pages and different interests would be a great idea. I think they should do more from their computers, like homework and study.

(*^-) ~*~SMILE~*~ (-^*)
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 8:26 PM
this is perfect. i don't have the ep so moniques hack is useless for me.
Page 1 of 3