Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 9:08 AM
Default Hobbies and Interests!
So I'm sure all of you ladies have things you like to do in your spare time, so why don't we share and compare to see what things we have in common.

I'll start:
  • Cooking
I absolutely love to cook things. I bake at least once a week, and I love to try and experiment with new ingredients, cuisines and recipes. This past week I've made peanut butter and salt cookies, cinnamon scrolls and a really yummy casserole, and I'm cooking again tonight so we'll see where my inspiration takes me .
I think I'm better when it comes to making desserts, but I don't eat much of what I bake because it's not too healthy, but my friends and family are always very willing to eat the treats I make them .
  • Write
I love creative writing. When the inspiration strikes, I spend hours locked in my room writing out stories about whatever is going on in my imagination at the time. I write a lot of romance, purely because I enjoy writing about that sort of stuff, but I like to dabble in all sorts of genres and to explore different perceptions and styles.
I mainly stick to stories because I hate writing poetry and whatnot, but I like to broaden my horizons and occasionally write (bad) songs, not that I can sing or play a musical instrument.
  • Read
I absolutely adore reading. I read at least two books a week, sometimes more if I have free time on my hands. I read novels of any genre, no matter how bad they are, and enjoy nothing more than sitting down with a good book, a cup of tea and a quiet environment and spending the afternoon there.
My favourite book of all time would have to be "The Time Traveller's Wife," by Audrey Niffenegger, but the Harry Potter series will always hold a special spot in my heart for so many hours spent reading and re-reading them .

In terms of interests, there are plenty of other things which catch my fancy. These include:
  • Music - I love listening to music and scoping out new bands to add to my iPod.
  • Fashion - I love to look good and to experiment with new looks and whatnot
  • Shopping - Like your typical teenage girl, I love spending time at the mall when I have the money to spend.
Advertisement
Rubric Wrangler
#2 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 12:41 PM
*Music

I have been playing piano for nine years (or ten, I forget) and play at a very advanced level. I stopped taking lessons two years ago (I was struggling with my commitment to practice enough), but I still play just as much or more (probably an hour a day). I was trained classically, but I also play jazz, popular music, soundtrack scores and other stuff. Right now I'm working on Liszt's Liebesträume No. 3 (O lieb, so lang du lieben kannst), and Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue playing the orchestra part in a duet with my brother. I now teach piano, too (causing my mother to laugh hysterically when I tell my students to do the very things like flashcards and theory that I hated so much when I was their age)

I also play fiddle/violin, and I listen to loads of music on my iPod. I find that there are extremely few genres that I don't enjoy (at the moment I have on my iPod alternative, classical, folk, jazz, opera, pop, R&B/Soul, reggae, rock, soundtrack, "vocal" and world)

*Reading

Ages back my dad turned half of my closet into a bookshelf, showing you not only what little use I have for fashion but how much I love books. I mostly read non-fiction, but I like mythology and some sci-fi stuff (HHGG is the best book ever!!). I also enjoy some comics, namely Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes and FoxTrot. I'm a fairly fast reader (finished the last, ridiculously long Harry Potter book in one day), but I generally finish most books in two to three days.

*Drawing/painting/art

I've been drawing since I could hold a crayon, and drawing a lot, too. I mostly draw animals. I recently tried painting, and enjoyed that too (I paint wooden boxes, mostly based on poetry). Additionally (I've gone through a lot of interests) I used to do quite a lot of origami (paperfolding), and I still do occasionally.

*Photography

This is probably my number one hobby ATM. I have been photographing for five years, and have a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi camera. My newest acquisition is a Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM lens :lovestruc Like most things in my life, I mostly photograph animals.

*Dog training

I've wanted a dog all my life, and in lieu of having one started training my cat to do tricks. Yes, my cat does tricks. Anyway, a year ago my mum said we could get a dog, and that brought Mick into my life. He's a 1 1/2 year old Brittany, and he's active and intelligent and driven. I want to work him towards getting to titles: RN (Rally Novice, a variation on obedience competitions) and CGN (Canine Good Neighbour, basically a test to see if he is polite, clean and well-trained.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 5:37 AM Last edited by danirawr_SC : 2nd Oct 2009 at 7:41 AM.
Reading
I've loved reading since I was little. I always used to read ahead of my year level, but that's changed now. I adore fantasy YA novels. I do like older fiction too, but I've found that I enjoy the others more. It's harder to read these days because I have a lot of reading to do for uni each week. I try to read a little each night before bed though, even if it's just 5-10 pages. My current book is Atonement by Ian McEwan.

Writing
This is more of a recent interest. I've always liked the idea of writing, but have never been creative enough. I challenged myself at the beginning of this year to write a sims story, and I did. It sort of set the passion off and I'm currently planning my next story.

Film/TV
I'm a movie whore. I've been interested in the screen industry for a long, long time. I don't have a favourite genre, I'll usually give anything a shot, except horror because I'm a wuss. I love everything from classic cinema such as To Kill A Mockingbird, Breakfast at Tiffany's etc to the latest mindless action movie.

Graphic Design
Photoshop is my bitch. Or, more likely, I am Photoshop's bitch. I pretty much always have it open, I love making picspams and fanart, which I've been doing for about 3 years or so. I tend to suck at lettering and logos because I don't have much experience with those.

Gaming
I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I do love some video games every now and then. I grew up watching my brothers play games, and sometimes joining in. My all-time favourite game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I played it a bit when I was young, but mostly watched my brothers. I finally got myself a 64 emulator on my PC this year and played from start to finish. It's a very nostalgic game for me.

I mostly like co-op games on Xbox, like Halo, Resident Evil 5 etc.

Fashion
I love fashion, but due to being incredibly picky I don't go shopping very often. I also think clothes these days are too expensive, meaning I'm a bargain shopper mostly. I fit between two styles, so my wardrobe is a little odd. I go between skinny jeans, band tshirts, hoodie jackets and converse, to sort of folky/indie style outfits of high waisted skirts with tights and pretty necklaces.

I love hitting up Etsy for jewellery and tshirt sites like Threadless for quirky tops with slogans etc.

Music
I almost always have music playing. I have so many favourite bands and singers, it's crazy. I LOVE live shows, lost count of how many I've been to. My taste is all over the place. I have music like Bullet For My Valentine and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus along with Hilary Duff and The Veronicas. If I had to pick a favourite genre, I'd guess it'd be pop/rock, but I really love all styles.

The most recent show I went to was Lisa Mitchell. My next two shows (at the moment anyway) will be Soundwave for Paramore and Lady Gaga. The best show I've been to was Christina Aguilera on her Back To Basics tour, and the show was filmed and released internationally for a DVD. I've been a fan since 1997, and seeing her was just incredible. I cried, no joke.

I also really like meeting bands and singers too. I've met a lot of local bands and Australian/NZ artists. My favourites are being backstage at Kelly Clarkson and getting the biggest hug possible, backstage at the Veronicas and sneaking into Evermore's soundcheck with a friend(long story), where we watched the band do soundcheck and then hung out with them for 30-45 minutes after that.
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 7:14 AM
Vintage/Antiques/Op-shopping
I can not get enough of bric a bac and thrift stores. Seriously, the amount of time and money I spend at those places is a little bit ridicolous, but I love each and every second (and dollar) I spend. What I love is the fact that you (more or less) get something original and unique, and that has a story behind it.

Fashion
Duh Fashion is my absolute passion. I will be the next Coco Chanel, so look out for my name I could babble on and on about my desire for style and clothing. I guess I would define my personal style as vintage inspired and experimental. The greatest compliment I've ever recieved was that I had the ability to turn something ugly, or unfashionable into something amazing and stylish when I wore it. I recently had my first runway show, and I have been told I 'stole' the night with my collection. My whole life is fashion show, I wont leave the house unless I feel my outfit is worthy ;D

Graphic Design/Art
I guess you could call me "arty farty".This year I took graphic design, and rose to the top of class. For the fashion show I recently had, which is a school thing called "Rags to Riches", I designed the posters and tickets & I have also been offered a position at a local magazine doing design. I'm considering studying it when I go to university :D

My other intrests include festivals, travel, cooking & dining and music.
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 8:47 AM
Music
I seem to spend all my time listening to music, and I play trombone. I used to play the piano and ukulele. Music has always been able to speak to me in a way that's special

[/b]Writing[/b]
I love to write. I'm still learning and improving, and stories are starry and brilliant in my mind but seem so flat when they're written down.

Still, I'm getting there, you'll see my name on books some day Well, OK, maybe not, but we'll see eh.

Shooting
Guns. I shoot a 22 rifle, gonna have a go with the big muzzleloader next time. I'm getting better, I used to shoot an air rifle when I was five There's just something about the feeling when you've got the ear muffs on and you're totally locked in your own concentration.

I just like guns OK! And I shoot targets. Honest. NON-LIVE targets. Like paper.

I used to love graphic design and playing around in Photoshop. Still do but I don't do it so often.

I love shopping. I'm not picky in my taste for clothes. I like everything from long chiffon skirts to denim short-shorts. I love op-shopping and good bargains, and I love buying something expensive every now and then.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 8:14 PM
Barbie doll Collecting.
Yes laugh or not but i love it. I started last year and so far i have about 8 dolls. My 1st doll was last year Halloween Barbie. I saw her in Pathmark and i had to get her. Then my husband bought me one for Christmas and off it went. I take mine out of the boxes, but they are still beautiful to me.

Cooking.

I love it, i tend to not to follow the recipe to the dot, but it still turn out great(in 90% of a time. I wanna go for culinary arts in college next year.

Art.

I draw when ever where ever. I am not the best artist out there( still learning) but if you want to see what I have so far there is my sig for that XD

I also love reading, mostly detective and fantasy.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 10:28 PM
Doing music

I have been on a same violin teacher for the past 11 years He is russian and veeeeeery artistic and passionate about music, so it's great 'cause he knows my abilities inside out and is such a great person. I've been on guitar and bass lessons too, for 5 years, and my guitar teacher has also remained the same for the whole time. Of course there has been times when my enthusiasm has wore off, but what else can you expect from a kid who's searching the right path for life!

I try to play guitar every day since I enjoy it so much, it gives a great feeling of accomplishment, learning tricky solos and different scales. and violin I aim to play at least once a week for 2 hours or so..

there is great pressure among teenagers to be able to play great, but I just want to do my own thing.

The Artsy stuff

Yeah, the arts and music, that's where I'm good at. I don't really 'practice' drawing or painting that much, I just see loads of pictures and watch daily world and learn through my eyes. Watching the light on leaves and the clouds, buildings, vehicles.. But I do draw at school, all the empty space in my notebooks is filled with doodles.

And when I'll have my own place, I'll make a doll house from scratch!

Maybe I should put up an account in DeviantArt or something, that would give a nice push to do more stuff.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 7:17 PM Last edited by Rufus8 : 17th Aug 2012 at 4:59 PM.
Default Health fitness tips
Hello guys today we discuss the beautiful topic about Health fitness tips/Guys as you know that Pilates is a modern world exercise that has become really popular among people these days. Although it has many benefits, but still lacks a few things
if you just want to lose some weights and fats.Its sure and its really works/Thanks/////////

Anaheim Hills personal training
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 8:56 PM
Writing

I've been writing since I was four years old. I mainly write fanfiction and fantasy novels, but I also love writing poems, novellas, short stories and every genre. I hope to be published one day.

Reading

I love reading, I love sitting down with a fantastic book and a nice cup of hot chocolate.

Graphic Design

I love editing photos. Sadly, I don't have photoshop but I can do some spiffy shit in paint.

Video Games

This is one of my skoomas. I am in love with my Xbox, and I play Skyrim, Sims, Borderlands and Space Marine all the time. I'm constantly on my box or computer playing.

Fashion

I love fashion. I love looking at them, online shopping and putting clothing together. Sadly, I have that body shape where it's not easy to always pull off the super-cute outfits I come up with so my normal attire is jeans and a t-shirt. Ah well, my friends are generally in style thanks to me. Hopefully once I loose a bit of weight like I plan, I will be able to wear more of the style I want to have.

Close-combat weapons

I collect daggers, swords, knives, you name a close combat weapon, I either have or want!

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 12:56 PM
My hobbies are writing, playing the Sims 3 and reading.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 7:59 PM
Hi.
there so many interest and hobbies i have but my number one will be.

Photography
is amazing how you can see the world through a camera. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DollyRot
Vintage/Antiques/Op-shopping

Fashion

Graphic Design/Art

My other intrests include festivals, travel, cooking & dining and music.

i think i just meet my soul mate seriously are you my long lost twin?

Movies

i like old movies - some like it hot, monkey business, that touch of mink and anything with audrey hepburn or charlton heston in it - i always loved that special effects in the old movies like the clay modals they would use to be the puppets like those dinosaurs and monster from the 1960's. i also like action movies if the dialogue it good and the story line is original like pulp fiction or the original judge dred

i hope to one day write a grate script for a movie that will be a blockbuster and win oscars! or be a bestselling writer - i'm the best in my class for creative writing.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 11:40 PM
Writing

Stories mainly, I do write fanfiction sometimes but most of the time I write my own stories. Some of them are sims stories which are here on MTS . I also write poetry too along with scripts

Photography

I have been taking photos for many years and I am quite good at taking pictures with high amounts of detail

Map creation/editing

I have only just got hooked on this, I am creating my own quest and map for a game I like. The only problem is I have no idea how make cutscenes or quest for said game

Some of other hoddies include sims 2, movie making, playing with cats, art, pc gaming, fantasy, medieval history along with ancient Greek and Egyptian history and mythology.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 12:00 PM
Music

I used to play clarinet throughout middle and half of high school. I also love music in general. The language and genre doesn't matter.

Programming languages

When I was a kid, I was not "forced" to watch Star Trek when I was kid (there nothing else to do). I fell in love with computers and technology before the first episode was over. My Dad can fix electronics and things; I guess I have picked that trait up as well. I am the go-to gal for technology issues.
Anyway, I am in school for Computer Information Technology. I am program in HTML, CSS, Javascript. I am getting better at PHP, Java, Mysql. Yeah...

Studying Graphic Design/Design in general

Since I am a freelance web designer, I have to be able to give this awesome design. However, my designing skills are not were they should be (in my head). I love color and learning about new trends & designs that are popular and try to implement in my work.

Food

There shouldn't be a reason not to like this.

Reading

I mostly read romance novels. If you walked into my room at this moment, you would think that I was some sort of author because my bookcase (and beside it) is stacked with tons of romance novels. Yet, no romance in my life.

Cooking

This goes along with food. I like learning to cook things that are better for me to eat. I also like experimenting and trying new recipes. Most importantly, the way the house smells when food is cooking. Wow...
I am the sous chef in this household.

Gaming

I'd like to say that I am a hard-core gamer, but I am probably not even close to soft-core. I mostly play The Sims, GTA (so far all but the first and five), mobile games, other console games, Facebook games. My friends are trying to get me to play Skyrim; it's not my type of game.