Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 11:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Mods not working in game
Hello,
Please help me! I have been stuck for a long time.
I have The Sims 3 and all expansion/stuff packs. I have some custom content which works fine in game but I can't get any mods like new skin to work.
My game is updated, I put everything into Documents and not Program Files, I have downloaded the ready-made FrameworkSetup.zip into the correct place and it has the correct name. I have also deleted cache files but this did not help.

Here are my game details:
The Sims 3: GameVersion = 1.63.5.024001
The Sims 3 World Adventures: GameVersion = 2.17.2.011032
The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff: GameVersion = 3.13.1.011031
The Sims 3 Ambitions: GameVersion = 4.0.87.006001
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff: GameVersion = 5.0.44.008001
The Sims 3 Late Night: GameVersion = 6.0.81.009001
The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff: GameVersion = 7.0.55.010001
The Sims 3 Generations: GameVersion = 8.0.152.011001
The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff: GameVersion = 9.0.73.012001
The Sims 3 Pets: GameVersion = 10.0.96.013001
The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff: GameVersion = 11.0.84.014001
The Sims 3 Showtime: GameVersion = 12.0.273.015001
The Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats: GameVersion = 13.0.62.016001
The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff: GameVersion = 14.0.48.017001
The Sims 3 Supernatural: GameVersion = 15.0.135.018001
The Sims 3 Seasons: GameVersion = 16.0.136.019001
The Sims 3 70's, 80's & 90's Stuff: GameVersion = 17.0.77.020001
The Sims 3 University Life: GameVersion = 18.0.126.021001
The Sims 3 Island Paradise: GameVersion = 19.0.101.022001
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff: GameVersion = 20.0.53.023001
The Sims 3 Into the Future: GameVersion = 21.0.150.024001

Here is the contents of my Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Resource.cfg file:
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

Here are the screenshots of my files:
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ims3-View1-.jpg
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ims3-View2-.jpg
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...eSims3-Mods.jpg
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ds-Packages.jpg

Thanks so much for your time and effort, it would mean a lot to me if this could be fixed with your help!

From Meg
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 12:05 PM
If some of the CC works but not others, then the problem isn't your framework. What types of CC do work? What types don't?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 12:21 PM
Default Response
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
If some of the CC works but not others, then the problem isn't your framework. What types of CC do work? What types don't?

I've downloaded hair, clothes, lots and lots of other pack files like those, it seems to be only mod package files that dont work like skins and the nointro mod.
Thanks for taking the time to try and help!
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 12:55 PM
Are you sure your mods that don't work aren't out of date? I noticed the name of your no intro mod was 'nointro.package' - that sounds like Rick's mod from way back in 2009. Some mods won't work if they've not been updated to whatever patch level you play at, so check the ones that are giving you problems and see if they have a more current version - ideally one that will run on your game's patch level, 1.63 in your case.

Try using ellacharmed's no intro mod instead of Rick's one - that one's current AFAIK.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 1:15 PM
Default Response
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Are you sure your mods that don't work aren't out of date? I noticed the name of your no intro mod was 'nointro.package' - that sounds like Rick's mod from way back in 2009. Some mods won't work if they've not been updated to whatever patch level you play at, so check the ones that are giving you problems and see if they have a more current version - ideally one that will run on your game's patch level, 1.63 in your case.

Try using ellacharmed's no intro mod instead of Rick's one - that one's current AFAIK.

That was a great idea, I was using the out of date mod by Rick... oops!
Unfortunately I tried ellacharmed's no intro mod and a couple of other up to date mods just then but they didn't work.
I put them in the documents>electronic arts>thesims3>mods>packages folder, the one I downloaded which came with Rick's mod.
Do I need an updated version of the folder??

I appreciate all your help, thank you so much
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 1:21 PM
Well, your resource.cfg is different from mine as well, in that it has no entries for the override folder - but I can't see that being a problem. If you want to try changing it though, mine looks like this:

Code:
Priority 501
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
Priority 499
Priority -50
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

So what mods DO work when you put them in your packages folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 1:32 PM
Default Response
Well, your resource.cfg is different from mine as well, in that it has no entries for the override folder - but I can't see that being a problem. If you want to try changing it though, mine looks like this:

Code:
Priority 501
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
Priority 499
Priority -50
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

So what mods DO work when you put them in your packages folder?

I changed the names in the resource to yours but that didn't fix the problem.
No mods that I've put in my package folder have ever worked, but custom content (in the form of packs) work (like clothing and hair).
In my package folder I have tried skins and the nointro mod you suggested, plus a few test mods that were put out last month. No luck with any
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 1:57 PM
OK then, package files have never worked ... I feel like there's something being missed here.

Have you tried new user files? Rename 'The Sims 3' folder to something else or move it to the desktop and load the game, exit and set up your framework again, put some package mods in and load the game to see if it will pick them up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 2:02 PM
Default Response
OK then, package files have never worked ... I feel like there's something being missed here.

Have you tried new user files? Rename 'The Sims 3' folder to something else or move it to the desktop and load the game, exit and set up your framework again, put some package mods in and load the game to see if it will pick them up.

I feel like a bit of an idiot for asking, but are new user files the cache files? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.
So you are suggesting I rename the sims 3 folder in documents, for example to 'The Sims 3 (1)', load then exit the game, then delete my mods folder and its contents and re-do them?
Sorry to be so unintelligent about all this! Thanks so much for your time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 2:04 PM
Oh no, I just went into the game and now have the no disc error! Would that be from changing the contents of the resource??
Scholar
#11 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 2:17 PM Last edited by Fentonparkninja : 7th Feb 2014 at 2:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by megg94
I feel like a bit of an idiot for asking, but are new user files the cache files? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.
So you are suggesting I rename the sims 3 folder in documents, for example to 'The Sims 3 (1)', load then exit the game, then delete my mods folder and its contents and re-do them?
Sorry to be so unintelligent about all this! Thanks so much for your time
Yes, the whole 'The Sims 3' folder inside Documents. When the game doesn't find that, it should make a completely new one like when you first installed.

You shouldn't need to delete anything in the new folder it makes. Set a new framework up in it like you did with your old files and then load it up (add some mods in to it first if you want).

Quote: Originally posted by megg94
Oh no, I just went into the game and now have the no disc error! Would that be from changing the contents of the resource??
You have the disc version, right? Is that from the launcher or when the game gets to the main menu?

EDIT: If you do have the disc version, make sure you have the most recent EP/SP you installed in the drive ... your screenshots look like you have the basegame disc in there, so try replacing that with the Into The Future disc.