Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 11:31 PM
Default Are You Actually A Sim Masquerading As A Human?
https://www.buzzfeed.com/agh/are-yo...1nL#.tmv2B1EBv4

I got Plain ole human
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 12:11 AM
I'm possibly a sim, too!

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Site Helper
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 1:56 AM
Plain ol' human. (Which makes sense: I'm an adult who can't drive and HATES coffee.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 2:52 AM
I got "You might be a sim but you hide it well". This is true, it's the reason I don't get out much - people would notice my fairy wings!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I got "You might be a sim but you hide it well". This is true, it's the reason I don't get out much - people would notice my fairy wings!

You owe me a new monitor for that one.

As for me....
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzfeed
You got: Nah, you’re just a regular ol’ human.

Sorry. You’ll get there.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 7:04 AM
I got: Possibly a Sim? You might be a Sim, but you hide it well.

The mod I use for that is working well indeed :-)
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 7:09 AM
Born this way.
I haven't taken the quiz yet.
Will post update.

EDIT:
Update: possibly a Sim. "But I hide it well", it says.
Hmph.
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 10:03 AM Last edited by Elynda : 22nd Jun 2016 at 2:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
You owe me a new monitor for that one.

Oops! What happened?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 10:56 AM
I got definitely a secret Sim! I'm not sure how I feeel about this.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Instructor
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 4:20 PM
Are You Actually A Sim Masquerading As A Human?
You got: Possibly a Sim?
You might be a Sim, but you hide it well.

I need a cigarette
Instructor
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 10:48 PM
You got: Definitely a secret Sim!

Yeah…sorry to blow your cover, but you’re a Sim, no doubt about that.
Instructor
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 12:24 AM
On a more serious note, the notion we are living inside a simulated universe and that we, ourselves, are sims, or the functional equivalent, has been around a long time. See this article from Scientific American: http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ter-simulation/ Neil de Grasse Tyson places the odds we are sims at 50/50.

Of course, this has been the subject of a number of science fiction stories. Notable examples might include "The Matrix" movies, or even the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In the latter, Earth is a giant computer to help and transdimensional race answer the question of life, the universe and everything. An earlier experiment yielded the answer 42, but a newer more powerful computer would be needed to get the right question: earth.

So, yeah, why not?
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 12:50 AM Last edited by Elynda : 23rd Jun 2016 at 9:22 PM. Reason: Adding to
There was a story by Isaac Asimov called "The Jokester". In that the super computer Multivac worked out that all jokes were part of a subtle psychological experiment, conducted by an alien super-intelligence, using humans as 'lab rats'. It also predicted that, if humans ever cottoned on to that fact, the experiment would be stopped and 'something else' put in its place. And that, in fact, is just what happened, because suddenly everybody realised that there were no more jokes and nothing was funny anymore. But what everybody was left wondering was, what the 'something else' would be.

EDIT: So, in gaming terms, somebody modded jokes out (or removed a mod that was already there) and were all set to mod 'something else' in.

Scholar
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 12:55 AM
I also got possibly a sim but hide it well.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Oops! What happened?

[sarcasm]It got covered in cranberry juice when I saw your post. Good thing I have another system to use....[/sarcasm]

Ugh, once again I forgot for a bit that sarcasm, especially in plain text, doesn't "translate" well.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 4:29 AM
Secret sim and on the subject of "Are we Sims in some higher being's computer simulation?" I think Dr. Nye did a discussion on the matter. Hadn't seen it yet, but it does raise questions within the matter.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
[sarcasm]It got covered in cranberry juice when I saw your post. Good thing I have another system to use....[/sarcasm]

Ugh, once again I forgot for a bit that sarcasm, especially in plain text, doesn't "translate" well.

Ah, I see! Sorry about that. That sort of thing happens to me often when I read 'The Scumthorpe Files' thread or the 'OMG WTF' thread, but its most often tea, or sometimes beer.

Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 7:53 AM
Sims live and work among among humans, but in such minuscule numbers that you probably have not noticed any. Some are employed as voice actors in the software game industry, in the area of San Francisco Bay I believe. You might glimpse one occasionally as a back-seat passenger in a car going by -- Sims like to ride quietly, sitting up with our hands in our laps. By this, a Sim may be spotted amongst the larger population of people whose custom is to slouch and fidget.
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 3:31 AM
I assume so. :x

Now each time when I am wanting I simply recall
It's just the human condition.