Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 4:10 AM
Default Best approach to organize/sort pre-made sims in CAS screen?
My pre-made sim bin is getting a little unmanageable and after searching the net I learn CAS does not have a built-in sort function (seriously, EA?).

What is the best approach to keep my pre-made sims bin organized so it is easier to come back and work on a sim without having to look through the entire photo album as the order seems to be different every time CAS loads?

Editing sim is becoming very time consuming as I use a lot of pre-made sims from other creators in sim3pack and CAS now takes forever to display those sims.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 12:33 PM
I usually remove any sims that I probably won't be using again for a while and store them on my external drive. My general policy is that, if I haven't got that sim saved to the game's Library, either as a single sim or a member of a family, I keep a copy of him or her in the sim bin. Quite often I finish up with multiple versions of the same sim, since the game always saves them as new files even if they have the same name. That is useful, although it can get confusing, because whilst you are in CAS it is difficult to identify the most recent one. So I usual remove the earlier versions from the saved sims file manually. But I don't delete them, I hardly ever delete any sims completely, since I might decide I preferred the earlier version.

Oh, whilst we're on the subject, In my game downloaded sims (the ones marked with an asterisk) take much longer to show up as thumbnails than any others. I was wondering if anybody else had that issue (if it is an issue) and why it happens.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda

Oh, whilst we're on the subject, In my game downloaded sims (the ones marked with an asterisk) take much longer to show up as thumbnails than any others. I was wondering if anybody else had that issue (if it is an issue) and why it happens.

Did you install the downloaded sims in sims3pack format? The thumbnail image of sim in sims3pack usually takes loading time longer than package format. I usually install downloaded sims in package format and the sims are always displayed quickly & normally, but when I install downloaded sims in sim3pack format, the sim thumbnail images are usually blank first. The contributor of long loading time is because sim in sim3pack format is loaded with custom content attached on that sim without user's consent. If the creator packages the sim attached with CC in sims3pack format, then the CC that attached on that Sim will be packed altogether with the sim creation. If user does not download required CC, user will get "bonus" CC which attached on that sim in CAS list, therefore the custom CC will be displayed normally together with sim creation in CAS. Contrary to the package format, the sim creation is separated with CC. If user does not download CC, then the custom CC are not displayed then replaced with basegame CAS content.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 8:50 PM
Ah, mystery solved. All but two of my sim downloads are Sims3Packs, now i understand why those two always pop up quicker. Thanks for explaining that.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor