Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 8:12 PM
Okay

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 11:36 PM
Still struggling with the first generation Can you use 1 motherlode? I keep on having to sell things just to feed the babies and have all the nessicities like food, nanny, maid, shower, etc :/ Even some of the walls...
Scholar
#28 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:50 AM
In the bonus points, where you say combine an alien child with another species, do you mean it grows up and marries another species or the father of said child has managed to become or is one of those other species????

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 10:10 AM
Thats SO sexist! the females should NOT have to clean up!
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 4:43 PM
Quote:
Still struggling with the first generation Can you use 1 motherlode? I keep on having to sell things just to feed the babies and have all the nessicities like food, nanny, maid, shower, etc :/ Even some of the walls...

Your founder should already be in level 3-5 of their job, so I don't really think that a motherlode is needed. Make sure all of your teens have jobs. All you really need in a house is a fridge, a single bed, a counter, a tub, a toilet, a telescope, and a bookcase. That is easily built with around 3,000 simoleans.

Quote:
In the bonus points, where you say combine an alien child with another species, do you mean it grows up and marries another species or the father of said child has managed to become or is one of those other species????

Erm... here's an example. Your founder has a kid named Bobby. When Bobby grows up, he gets bitten by vampire. Done, bonus points awarded. Hope that lame example actually helps.

Quote:
Thats SO sexist! the females should NOT have to clean up!

Hi, nice to meet you my name is Blossom. Thus, I am a girl. I am planning to edit this challenge, getting rid all of the handicaps and adding new (less stupid) ones. And, with a simple mod, this challenge can be played with females as well.

"I'm not playing with my wockets, I'm playing pony adventuwes with my pwincess dollies!" - Suesy, from The Benedict Legacy
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 10:42 PM.
Default ASHBOOGiiE89's Vampire Legacy
THE VAMPIRE LEGACY

Rules:
- This challenge should be played as a regular legacy except with Vampires!
- Your founder should be a human sim that eventually meets, gets bitten, and has babies with a Vampire. This can be a vampire from downtown or one of your own.
- Once children turn into teens, they must automatically be bitten by their parents and turned into Vampires also.
- Future generation founders can have babies with fellow Vampires or human sims. They must turn the human sims into Vampires as soon as the interaction is available.

THE FEAR CHALLENGE

Rules:
- No cheats!
- Instead of fulfilling all your Sim's wants, fulfill all their fears instead!
- Must lock fears until they are completed.
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 2:07 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 10:05 PM.
Default PlantSim Legacy
For this challenge, make a single CAS, move them onto a decent sized lot.
Turn him/her into a PlantSim. I use BoolProp, but do it however you want.
The only Sims allowed are the founder, and their spawn (and THEIR spawn etc.).
Do it for however many generations you like, BUT you have to make them all achieve their lifetime want. Some can't be done, like reach Golden Anniversary, and I just use the Sim modder for them, or the Insiminator.
Also, I get them to have portraits painted (or photos taken) and make a mausoleum with them and their urns.
Play for points or not, here are the points I made up:

1 point for each Sim spawned (and one for the founder).
5 points for each five generations reached.
5 points for each LTW achieved.
2 points for each painting of them (or photo).
Theorist
#33 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 2:14 PM
The problem with this Challenge is that Sim DNA is mixed with an NPC called "Ideal Plantsim" who looks like this LINK. This means your Sims will slowly each generation become to look more and more like this sim, and eventually become CLONES!
One way to get around this is by installing default Ideal Plantsims replacements [like the Pollination Technician mods] to stop the clone generation!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
The problem with this Challenge is that Sim DNA is mixed with an NPC called "Ideal Plantsim" who looks like this LINK. This means your Sims will slowly each generation become to look more and more like this sim, and eventually become CLONES!
One way to get around this is by installing default Ideal Plantsims replacements [like the Pollination Technician mods] to stop the clone generation!

Oh yeah, I forgot that, thanks for pointing that out :D
Field Researcher
#35 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 5:39 PM
This is a welcome escape from Legacies and Apocalypses. It's so nice having no more than 2 sims at a time.

I states with Andrew Achiever who completed 2 LTWs, his son Bryan also achieved 2 LTWs, and now grandson Cameron is working on his 2nd and is only halfway to elder.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 12:08 AM
This sounds like the perfect laid-back intermission challenge that's going to be a wonderful intermission for some of the other challenges I have going on. I'm definitely going to do this one and post some screenshots later u wu

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Field Researcher
#37 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 9:34 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:48 PM.
Default Plantsim Legacy Challenge
*I only call this a legacy in the loosest terms in that it lasts for 10 generations and no hacks are allowed except for one which I will mention below*

You just became a Plantsim! You are shunned by your friends & family and called a “Green Freak” when people see you in public. You decide to move out of town and start a farm of your own where nobody can mock you.

To prepare:
1. Set up your neighborhood weather pattern as the default Summer, Spring, Fall, Winter.
2. In CAS create a simself, put that simself on no smaller than a 5x5 lot…bonus if you start with 5x6 (see scoring below)
3. Turn Simself into Plantsim…any way you want… I suggest the Plantsim potion HERE to get your challenge underway sooner. This is the only cheat/hack allowed.

Rules:

Now that you are plantsim you have very few needs so this part isn’t too hard… you must start a farm. The ONLY income for you and your family is from what you can produce off the farm. Other sources of income can be the sewing machine, the flower table & still life paintings of farm scenes.

Start with as many garden plots as you can… as soon as you can afford it add orchard trees to your farm.

You must find a spouse or companion that will stay human… This is because you need both human & plantsim residents. Your human spouse and/or children will interact with the public to sell your farm grown products… but only a Plantsim offspring can be your heir. Within 48 hours of you becoming elder you must pass the farm to your appointed heir.

Humans can move off the lot whenever they want as long as one stays, so if a Spouse decides they don’t like “the country life” they can leave one child behind and move out with any others. Spouse cannot move out leaving only a toddler, or schoolchild. The human left behind must be at least teen in order for business transactions to continue (child labor laws of course)

All Plantsim offspring stay on the farm (remember they are not accepted by society). There must be at least one regular human living on the lot… any crops harvested when there isn’t a human on the lot cannot be sold.

With humans on the lot you still need the necessities of daily life. The lot should start by default on the last day of summer. This gives you a short fall season to build enough shelter for yourself and your spouse and make it comfortable for them. A portion of the farm produce must be put away for food for your human family members. Its up to you to decide how much to sell & how much to save… Sell too much and they could go hungry. You are too far out in the country to order groceries. If you wish to stock a fish pond on your property that is fine but they don’t keep well and can’t be sold.

As a Plantsim, twice a year you have an uncontrollable need to reproduce. (once in Spring & once in Fall, but you don’t have to spawn in your first Fall season) At that time you must spawn a plantbaby, this is aside from any children born naturally to you and your human spouse. Only the “Head Plantsim” of the family feels this need. Junior plantsims are little more than drones and cannot reproduce. Once you make one your heir he/she will develop this trait at the next proper season. If there is no room on the lot for another spawn, then you have 2 choices. Skip the spawning season and take a -10 point hit.... or purchase a "cure" for one of the younger plantsims on the lot, so they can leave the lot as a human.... This will cause only a -5 point hit.

Stuff that’s Not Allowed:
NO gardening hacks to increase produce or shorten harvest time
No Greenhouses*
No Bad Fertilizer
No Hired Help, you are an outcast no one will work for you.
No OFB business, simply sell the produce & craft items from inventory. *I prefer no OFB business, but I won't make it against the rules if you really want to set up a roadside stand or home business. No plantsims may have anything to do with the business though... not even to restock. The no hired help rule stands here too, human relatives or your companion must run it.*

*You cannot garden during the winter. In fact during the winter you go dormant, you do not go outside, you do not craft and the only skills you can gain are from the bookshelf. Any plantsim on the lot must follow this behavior for the winter season. Your human family can craft, paint & skill as much as they want… considering this would be the only income during the winter and until the first harvest of spring.

Scoring at the end of 10 Generations:
+10 for every human offspring
+5 for every Plantsim offspring
+2 for every Orchard Tree
+1 for every Garden Plot
+2 for every Family Friend (not cumulative, must count spouses friends only)
+15 (one time reward) if you started with 5x6 lot

Legacy Scoring for family $ value at end of challenge.

-10 for any accidental death on lot
-5 per plot, for any spoiled crops (bug infestation, overwater, not enough water, whatever the cause for the plant’s death)
-5 per Plantsim needs failure.
-10 If lot becomes too full for your Plantsim to have their bi-annual spawning. Skip that season.
-5 If you take the "Cure" solution to the full lot problem.

Have fun!

Anyone willing to try it? Let me know if you see something in my rules that doesn't make sense.

P.S. - Ladybug houses are allowed...(response to question by PM)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 1:38 PM Last edited by Mai2008 : 9th Mar 2013 at 2:07 PM.
I always do this for fun :3. I'll do give it a shot, but i'm not posting pictures or anything because I already have another challenge, in which I am posting pictures.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Field Researcher
#39 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 5:06 AM
Im not going to insist on pictures or even detailed stories... just let me know what happens with your Plantsimmed Simself. Im away from my Simming computer right now and can't actually work on my own version of this challenge until next week... meanwhile if someone likes the sound of it go for it!

If any of the rules end up not really working in practice, or if you try it and have a suggestion please do share.
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 5:48 PM
Gonna start this today! Hope all goes good!
Mad Poster
#41 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 1:14 AM Last edited by grammapat : 25th Mar 2013 at 4:49 AM.
You say "no OFB allowed; just sell from inventory", but you talk about the humans SELLING by interacting with public. What? And you mention "spoiled crop" - do you mean when a plot DIES? Also, 10 generations seem like a lot, but since plant toddlers grow right up to adults, maybe it won't take too long. But since the heir can't start having babies till the first one is an elder..well, can you give a hint about numbers and ages? That is, if the first one has 2 babies a year, how many will there be when he ages up? If I pick the youngest ADULT to be the heir...OMG! Lot-full-of-sims!

Well, when I moved Johnny Appleseed in the season was wrong, so I went to the hood to change; guess I read it wrong cause I changed it to "5 days left in summer. He got $ from garden club, then $6000 when someone moved in; then she moved out with their baby (this was all real fast!). He had lots of fish and a first harvest when fall came; maybe he'll get 2nd harvest. He had a townee move in and she brought $13,000! I only did it because being "dormant" through the winter he would be so lonely and bored.

I don't know if I've boinked the rules..will go back and read.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 2:57 PM
It's going well. I'm having loads of fun with it, it adds rules to my gameplay. Making it.... Better?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Field Researcher
#43 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 10:33 PM
My playtest was cut short by my computer being stolen... I can't play more than 2 EP's on my laptop so Im on pause with my playtest.

You are supposed to start the challenge with only one day of Summer left. If crops are planted right away there is time to get one harvest before Winter sets in.

I was figuring adult lifespan to include no more than two full cycles of the seasons. That would make it a max of 4 spawns in one lifetime... and that would most likely be only the founder. The next generations have to wait until the gen before them age to elder before reproducing so from that point on there would likely only be 2 per generation. I CAN see the lot getting very full so if the lot is too full at the time of spawning, it can be skipped, but you lose points for every seasonal spawn that needs to be skipped, see scoring. If you wish to "cure" a spawn of their Plantsimism, you can do that too with a slightly smaller point loss, since that would cost money to purchase the potion... adding to the rules now. That way if you want to open space for spawning you can "cure" an older spawn and have them leave the lot. They would have to leave though... they can't stay as the Human element, because they have rejected their heritage and are no longer welcome on the farm.

As for the human element... Plantsims are too easy to care for so you need Humans on the lot, that require food, sleep & regular furnishings. I didn't want OFB, because they can end up way too rich from that... though moving in townies seems to add a lot to the pocketbook anyway. So, the human family members presumably would be shipping and selling the produce of the farm and bringing back the money, not literally selling it. If you want to add OFB for your own game, that's fine. Either on the property (home business) or an offsite roadside stand. No Plantsim family members can run it in any way... not even to restock. So at least 1 Human Sim needs to be on the lot or any produce harvested is wasted and does not contribute to scores, you do not have to have Human offspring if you simply want to move in one Human companion, that works too... The important Heir is your chosen Spawn.

Oh and yes spoiled crops are if the plants die before they can be harvested.
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 10:18 PM
I was thinking about doing this a long time ago. And I already started this, when I noticed no greenhouses. Did you mean, that even in the house can't be anything made with greenhouse walls? As I noticed, the plantsims seem to like it, the sun can shine upon them and like this, they wouldn't need those lamps (so much).

My PC broke, so I will start this from the beginning, but it would be nice to know, what do you think about this?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 1:22 AM Last edited by Vhee0829 : 10th Apr 2014 at 5:01 PM.
Default Servo Legacy Challenge
Hello there this is my first challenge that I've ever come up with and I'm pretty excited.

Basically the goal of this challenge is to have a single Servo service ten generations of a Sim family. That's right. TEN. (Hey it is a challenge, right?)

Step one: CAS. Must be a couple in whatever way you wish.

Step two: Load into a lot. (No really????)

Step three: Either spawn (boolprop testingcheatsenabled on Shift Click/ Spawn/Servo) or have one of the human Sims build a Servo. I prefer spawn because it starts the challenge faster but if you wanna go totally legit and no cheats then build one.

After that you may begin the challenge. Please keep in mind the Servo will be whatever Aspiration and Personality the human Sim who activates it is so, if you want make one of the human Sims the way you want your Servo. Remember; You'll be playing with it a LONG time.

But we need rules. I know it sucks but let's get it over with.

Servo Rules

The Servo must do all chores. The human Sims can too but most of the cleaning, gardening and cooking should be done by the Servo. Like a butler.
The servo cares for the children. You can have it teach the three skills if you want, which would add important memories to its panel. But most of the child caring should be from it.
Servo must always be the one to teach to study homework.
If you have pets, the Servo must train them and teach them tricks for pet jobs. Also clean and feed them, when a human Sim doesn't get to it.
The Servo cannot leave the lot without it being an entire family outing.
The Servo cannot get a job unless all children in the house are Teens. And when another is born, the Servo must quit.
The Servo cannot go on vacation unless all children are past toddler and can go too.
The Servo cannot work at an owned business (exception being a home business) unless all children are Teens, in which case the whole family will be working. (That's right; get off your lazy butts and work, kids!)
The Servo cannot have a romance. This will get in the way of the family it has been charged with. The only exception is another Servo that someone in the family builds and yes, a second one must be built.
In which case, the max number of Servos is two.
If you make a second Servo, freedom eases a bit on the first. It will be allowed to go on community lots with one other human Sim, even if it is not a child.
You can move out the second Servo, but never the first.
A Servo cannot be a vampire.
It can be a witch/warlock and only use spells that help around the house.

Human Sim Rules

Each generation must have at least one child. You may have multiple children but each generation must have one child. IE: if your main couple has five kids at least one must have a child to continue the generation.
You may only marry the children off to Townies.
You may do whatever you wish with the human Sims. Get jobs, own businesses, whatever.
Romance Sims are not allowed unless you have a female that accidentally gets pregnant. (If you have hacks that can get males pregnant through Whoohoo, feel free to do that. Also if you have multiple children and want one to never have kids, Romance is allowed)
You may have alien babies too if you want.
You may adopt.
You may have same-sex couples. (Why wouldn't you be able to? *raises eyebrow*)
You may not skill cheat with them.
You may have witches, vampires, werewolves, PlantSims and zombies.
If you have a PlantSim you can have PlantSim babies.
You may move in a Bigfoot.

Note: If you want to play college you may but it will make the challenge MUCH longer, I prefer to cheat in college. Yet again, testingcheatsenabled spawn Semester Tester. You will graduate with a 4.0 average and be able to move back quickly.

CC is allowed.
No objects allowed that help with motives, aspiration, careers, etc.
You may money cheat but only one motherload allowed. (Can't get TOO crazy now)
You may live in apartments.
You may move around.
You may splinter some children to other lots but marrying Townies rule still applies and one generation at all times must live with the Servo.

Scoring

The amount of Sims you have reach lifetime platinum aspiration in the ten generations.
Each lifetime platinum is ten points.
Everyone counts. The first couple you build, the children (including any you move away), the townie spouses, and even the Servo itself.
And any you unlock all the lifetime aspiration benefits (FreeTime EP) is an extra ten points.

I highly recommend you go here http://www.simwardrobe.com/ and download the Servo stuff. It can really help.

I am planning to do this myself ASAP.

Happy Simming!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Beccla
I was thinking about doing this a long time ago. And I already started this, when I noticed no greenhouses. Did you mean, that even in the house can't be anything made with greenhouse walls? As I noticed, the plantsims seem to like it, the sun can shine upon them and like this, they wouldn't need those lamps (so much).

My PC broke, so I will start this from the beginning, but it would be nice to know, what do you think about this?

Clarification of Rule:

No greenhouses for growing crops out of season or for avoiding bug infestations. Greenhouse walls are allowed for plantsim comfort, as long as sufficient regular walls are still used to provide proper privacy for the human occupants of the family.
Page 2 of 2