Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 12:52 AM Last edited by Afroshero : 22nd Apr 2017 at 4:15 PM.
Default [Updated] Customers for Impresso Espress-o-Matic
Hello,

Awhile back I had trouble trying to get a NPC to spawn for the Espress-o-Matic. That's no longer an issue. However, I've noticed that no one wants to buy from it. It's like it's there yet not. I can buy from it and if I use Dolphin's controller, I can make other sims buy from it, but they won't do it on their own.
I've also read that if you run a business and put down an Espress-o station, sims won't buy from it unless you hire a townie to run it. Whether it's my sim or the townie, sims won't buy from the station that I put down.

So I was wondering is there a way to increase the sim's interest in wanting to buy from the Espress-o station? I've checked the file, and don't see anything that stands out. Like, what would I have to mess with or add to the file to tell the sims "Hey! Buy from Espress-o station!!". Because otherwise, they're just standing around.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 7:35 AM
!. The advertising settings in TTAB: http://simswiki.info/index.php?title=TTAB&oldid=59821
2. The Guardian BHAV for relevant pie-menu-items contols if sims are prepared to buy.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 7:39 AM
No idea if it can be fixed, EA broke it years ago. You can also get a mod for hiring family members, so long as hired staff are on the espresso machine sims will buy from it.

clsve, if you know how to fix it please upload a mod to fix it! This has been the bemoan of many players for years.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
!. The advertising settings in TTAB: http://simswiki.info/index.php?title=TTAB&oldid=59821
2. The Guardian BHAV for relevant pie-menu-items contols if sims are prepared to buy.

I see. Okay, I had checked the file and have been comparing the Express-o machine file to the regular bar file [since sims will buy from the bar] and it seems that it's missing the Push Interaction. Trying to get the files to link up is the problem I'm having, because I don't really know how to use SimPE that well. Maybe later on today, if I have the time, I'll read that link you gave me and mess around with the file again.

But thanks for the reply. It at least confirmed my initial thoughts I was having about why they won't buy from it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Afroshero : 22nd Apr 2017 at 4:18 PM.
Update 1:
Excuse the double post, but I'm excited to see slow progress. It doesn't seem to be the Push interaction like I thought. But more to do with the Motives [?]. I messed around with the Energy Motive and seem to have gotten two customers to repeatedly buy from my hired hand.
Granted, no one bought from my sim...
And while what I'm proud of is already what other people are experiencing; for me, since no one was buying the espresso AT ALL, this is a step forward.

So, basically, I just need customers to buy from me and we'll be golden

Update 2:
Okay, messed around with more of the Motive stats and at first no one would buy from my sim, but I told her to work as a barista and she switched into her uniform and customers started to buy from her!
I'm going to edit the file up some more as the customers kept coming back right after they got done drinking, which got to be a bit annoying.
So once I calm that down, I might post up the file and ask for some testers to see what needs to be changed.

Update 3: It works fine in my game. So I'm just going to leave it alone. :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 1:45 AM
I'll test it. Shame I already loaded my game today.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~