Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 5:39 PM
Default WCIF Male skin fix
What I wanna know is: Is there any way to get rid of this:

This skin is custom, but it looks the same on EA skin. When the male becomes thin, the upper part of the skin has thin part, and a bottom.. is not thin...
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 5:58 PM
I wonder if you don't have a default replacement nude mesh that's causing that, because my male sims don't look like that, in any skins when they shower. Not that I stare at them when they shower....... much.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:06 PM
Well I have this issue since I remember...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:29 PM
Yeah, I don't have that issue either. I think it must be CC.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:45 PM
If it happens to several skins, it's probably a replacement mesh for the naked top or bottom that causes this. Most likely the top.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:25 PM Last edited by anie_1981 : 10th Jul 2014 at 9:22 PM.
But it happens with ALL skintones I have, also with EA skin.

EDIT:

I've checked it without any CC\Mods, and the issue still remains. Not all guys have this issue hovever. From Pleasentview the guy who have twin doughters (I don't know original last name, I play in Polish version).

Sorry for my English.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 11:53 PM
Have you ever put files in the install folder? Some files such as fixes for meshes or recategorized ingame clothes or objects must sometimes be placed in them.

These are the usual folders. Better check all EPs + M&G if you have it, and check if anything has snuck inside them.
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 [EP NAME]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 [EP NAME]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins
(note: If you have any of the collections, or BG only, the paths might be slightly different).

Also check SavedSims. When you've done all of this, delete the cache files. They can sometimes make bodyshop stuff lag behind.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:26 PM
I've never put files into install folder, only to My Documents,

Where can I find caches? I've never cleared them...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:45 PM
My Documents - Sims 2. Accessory.cache, cigen, Groups.cache can all be deleted.
Theorist
#10 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 11:38 PM
This is a known issue. Is your sim a fit Adult or Young Adult sim with S2? If so, there's a fix by Argon here. If it's a borked custom skin, Argon gives instructions for how to fix it in post #7.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 11:38 AM
Thank's! That's what I need! And it works.