Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 5:45 AM
Default How to make split level house
I'd like to build a house that you have to walk up some steps to get to the kitchen and when you walk down there is the livingroom. Anything that is easier than this in the link.

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...alls/index.html

If you scroll down its actually the last photo. I want it to look like that.
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 5:50 AM
This is actually the most straightforward way to do it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 5:57 AM
Default confusing
It doesn't show how to do it. It just shows how to do half walls and its confusing as heck
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 12:52 PM
those half walls are what is needed if you want stairs the way you want. you place the steps on the half wall to create split levels.
Site Helper
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 4:22 PM
Since you have OFB, you could also use the stage foundation to add another level to your house.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 5:13 PM
Default stage foundation
What's that???
Site Helper
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:37 PM
There's a new foundation which is included with OFB. It's a quarter-height platform that will sit on top of any floor. It's probably the simplest way to create a split-level. However, you will have to fool around with it a bit to see whether it meets your needs, since windows and doors will be placed on the original wall, not the newly created level.

If that doesn't work for you, then I agree that you will probably want to learn to make partial height walls using the CFE cheat.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies