Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 9:48 PM
Default Uploading lot - CC issue - help!
Hello,

Just uploaded my first lot here. When I came to the custom content page (where you have to declare what it is, creator name and provide a link) there was 50 odd things appeared but I had no custom content in the lot. It's because I had recolours of maxis objects available in my game (even though I didn't use them in the house!!)

Is there any way I can get around this? Have others had the same experience?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 10:20 PM
You have to clean the lot with Clean Installer before you try and upload it. Not only can there be lots of recolours but also hacks. What I do is once I've packaged it to file is I pull it out to my desktop and open it, tick just the lot and save as a new name. This gets rid of the junk. Then I archive it into a rar file with it's correct name so it's all clean and zipped on my desktop waiting to be uploaded. Others may use a different method, but that is what I do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 11:15 PM
I'm using a mac, so the Clean Installer you linked won't work for me sorry!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 11:29 PM
Maybe ask over on the mac board what you can use to clean out the file. You must have the lot clean to be able to upload it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#5 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 11:43 PM
backup your save game. Remove your entire Downloads folder, and any CC which is installed anywhere else (SavedSims, Program Files, etc.). Then, package the lot. That should create a lot package with no CC at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 10:15 AM
Thanks Mootilda! :D
Site Helper
#7 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 5:49 PM
FYI, it's nearly the same technique if you want to include CC: Remove all of your CC except for the items that you actually want to include, then package the lot.

Have you tried the no-install version of the Clean Installer? I've tried to make it possible to run on a MAC, although I don't have a computer to test on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 11:35 AM
Thanks for your help

No I haven't tried it but I may look into it.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies