Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:27 PM
Default WCIF A Mod That Makes Stargazing Without A Scope Give Logic Points?
I am in the process of setting up a prehistoric 'hood, and I am trying to work out options to allow my prehistoric sims to gain various skills.

I would love for them to be able to gain logic skill early on, but they won't have unlocked things like chess tables and telescopes. Does anyone know of a mod that changes things so that sims gain logic skill points whilst stargazing lying on the ground watching the stars (as opposed to stargazing using a telescope)?

Or any other options to allow prehistoric sims to gain logic (or basically any of the other skills apart from Body!)?

All help, suggestions, links etc are appreciated :-)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 12:33 AM
There's a tree stump table, sort of birch recovered, from Rebeccah at Affinity Sims. I don't remember exactly what skills it gives, maybe all? There are collectable flowers that give creativity . . . try Affinity Sims and Plumbbob Keep. I can't remember which whats I got from where, and I haven't played my medievals lately (I'm trying to write a challenge) and anyway, one place or the other you should find some of what you're looking for. Surely some of the things the medieval modders make would work for your prehistoric sims. (Like hunting with spears, at Plumbbob. I haven't managed to try it yet, but can hardly wait.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 4:42 PM
Oooh, I hadn't seen the pickable flowers before, that's exciting! :-)

The skill building table will eventually exist but it's a bit too advanced for my prehistoric sims. I'm using a lot of Plumbob Keep stuff but most (all?) of the skill building stuff is too advanced for my sims - I'll be starting at the stage where they don't use any kind of technology at all - they haven't even discovered fire yet, let alone invented a game and been able to make a (very simple) table and stools to play it at. The flowers will be great in the not too distant future from the start of the neighbourhood, though - once they've invented simple baskets. :-)

I would love to find skill building activities that don't involve any objects or spoken language - I know I'm rather fussy! :-D
Theorist
#4 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 6:29 PM
I'm not good at remembering where anything is, but someone may know where this item can be found. There is a 1 tile toddler blanket they get creativity from. The animations are cute and the toddler kneels on it, talking and using their hands. It might be playing with a teddy motions. The recolors could be used for various decor.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.