Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 3:19 PM
Default WCIF Sims Always Accept Outing Invitations Mod? And A More Than 8 People In An Outing Mod?
I have Squinge's Always Accept Party Invitations, which is awesome for when my sims throw parties and want to invite, for example, their partner's, children's or other housemate's friends, their friends' spouses and children, their brothers/sisters-in-law or other sims who they don't have a high relationship with.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a similar mod for outings, which makes sims always accept outing invitations, whether they're invited in person or on the phone?

I would also like to know if there is a mod that allows more than 8 people to be part of an outing - like the mods that allow more than 8 people to live on a lot, or that allow lots of people to be invited to a party?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, links etc :-)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 4:42 PM
I'm still looking for the mods that I mentioned above, almost four years ago! :-D I think that I have seen a mod that makes sims always accept outing invitations, but now I can't find it :-( Perhaps it was on Tumblr somewhere? I find it very difficult to find stuff again when I've seen it on there. If I didn't dream this mod, please could somewhere share a link to it?! :-)

If a mod that allows more than 8 sims to be invited on an outing exists I would also appreciate a link :-)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 10:52 PM
Ooh! You didn't dream the one about always accepting it. I just saw it recently, though it may have been on Tumblr, indeed---which seems to have a broken search!

In case it jogs anyone else's memory, the mod I saw allows instantly adding new sims to an outing group...which to me implies they automatically accept. I think I saw it while looking around for traits-related mods, so maybe HB or midgethetree or Early Pleasantview has it?

ETA: OK, I looked through midge's Relationships, Misc, and Fixes downloads categories and didn't see it...and I'm out of time to look for now. I also can't be sure it had to only be those three creators. But hopefully, lauratje, it helps at least a bit that you know someone else saw it too!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Ooh! You didn't dream the one about always accepting it. I just saw it recently, though it may have been on Tumblr, indeed---which seems to have a broken search!

In case it jogs anyone else's memory, the mod I saw allows instantly adding new sims to an outing group...which to me implies they automatically accept. I think I saw it while looking around for traits-related mods, so maybe HB or midgethetree or Early Pleasantview has it?

ETA: OK, I looked through midge's Relationships, Misc, and Fixes downloads categories and didn't see it...and I'm out of time to look for now. I also can't be sure it had to only be those three creators. But hopefully, lauratje, it helps at least a bit that you know someone else saw it too!

It's good to know that I didn't dream it, and thanks to your tip about having seen it whilst looking around for traits mods I found it - it's by Hexagonal-Bipyramid and can be found here :-)

This is going to be very handy for my playable schools - now they can go on school trips even if they don't get on well with their teacher! Thank you for your help!
Theorist
#5 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 2:12 PM
I too had been looking for a mod that would increase the group outing size to something higher than 8, but gave up on ever seeing that happen after reading the thread at http://modthesims.info/t/617986 last year.

Would love for some super modder to come along and make it a possibility though.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 2:15 PM
Did Midge the Tree do a mod or 2 for group size and accepting invite? It seems someone did them recently. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Theorist
#7 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 2:27 PM
The only ones I've seen on Midge's blog related to parties, not outings.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
#8 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 4:04 PM
This one is to add or remove sims quickly instead of one at a time, still not sure about the larger groups, thought i'd seen it recently.

https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr....r-casual-groups

Forum Resident
#9 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 5:30 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 29th Jun 2019 at 9:09 PM.
You are so welcome, lauratje. Happy you found it!

That's right, Duine. That's the same one lauratje and I were talking about having seen, above, and that she ended up finding. Sadly, after reading the thread PenelopeT linked to above, I'm guessing that explains why no one's done a mod to allow larger outings yet....though like Penelope, I'm hopeful too that someday someone will find it possible after all. (Me, I'd want that mod to also ensure that the enlarged group could dine out together, assuming there were enough tables at the restaurant.)

But that thread's worth reading---someone mentions a trick you can do using sims' predesignated Groups, where you can at least get more than 1 group of 8 to show up on the same community lot!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Theorist
#10 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 1:19 AM
Sorry I must have missed that, had a thunderstorm and tried to post in case power went out. I'll have to check that post again. (: