Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 3:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Error please insert oringal disc instead of backup (1000)
==System==

Operating System: Windows xp
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 894MB RAM
Page File: 361MB used, 1807MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
==Display==

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce 6100 nForce 405
==Sound==

Name: Realtek HD Audio output

Ok i jsut bought the sims 2 bon voyage like a wekk ago and i install it and it ran jsut fine now today whe i go to paly it i get the error "Please insert original disc instead of backup(1000)" From what i get on it that people who use a fake cd to play get the message but i have the real oringal cd that can in thought simi blig case and i would love to know how i could fix this so i can play ythe game

i have tryed to reinstall it and that did not help eather.

right now i uninstad it so i can play wiht sessions.

if you cant help i guess ill have to take it back if i can find recpest or ask ea games to fix it and or send me a new one
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:24 AM
Have you downloaded the patch?
Have you updated your NVIDIA driver?
Have you checked that there are no questions like this answered in the official Sims2 forum?
Just check all these.
It should help you.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:44 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 18th Jan 2008 at 4:52 AM.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Voyage_Launcher

Have you tryed bypassing the launcher? It's been buggering up games for quite some time. Also, double check your disk is clean and free of scratches. It almost sounds like your drive isn't reading the disk correctly.

ETA: you don't happen to have any disk emulating software installed like Clone CD, Nero, Alcohol etc ? Securom might be throwing a wobbly. Just a thought.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 5:16 AM
Have you downloaded the patch? yep
Have you checked that there are no questions like this answered in the official Sims2 forum? did not see any thing
The bypass did not help eather
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 5:22 AM
Hmmm. Hold tight. It almost sounds like a hardware/software glitch or a problem with the CD. There are a few people around here that are probably better at these things than me. I'm sure someone will pop in to offer an opinion.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 2:31 PM
Can you play music CDs and run other video games that require a disk?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:24 PM Last edited by whiterider : 18th Jan 2008 at 6:31 PM.
I remember this error, though I don't remember how it was fixed. I can't seem to find the thread... however any disc emulation software you have installed it very likely a cause.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 6:04 AM
i can run other cds on my computer i can pay sims if i uninstall bv and use sesions.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 11:00 AM
How about disc emulation software? Having anything like Nero, Alcohol120%, anything with ISO in its name, or DAEMON tools installed could easily cause this.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 7:49 PM
should o try and uninstall nero
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#11 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 2:35 AM
Yes, uninstall Nero and let us know if that fixes the problem.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 6:30 PM
nope that did not help it stall wont work
What just happend?
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 7:19 PM
Sounds like a "secuROM" issue to me. the only "legal" thing you can do is, A) get a new disk. or, B) contact the "secuROM" people, they may be able to help! (clutching at straws here)

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 9:38 PM
any one else able to help me with this
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 10:23 PM
I have the same problem, and I have a brand new computer. The only software I've installed is PSPX and the Sims 2.

Sometimes the game will run, but increasingly I get this error. It's really frustrating because I have the original cd in the drive and every other cd works perfectly fine.

Is there anything I can do so I can play my game?

And yes, I have tried bypassing the launching with no sucess.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 1:06 AM Last edited by madie : 30th Jan 2008 at 1:29 AM. Reason: found more info
i've got the same problem. it happened once, and then again, and now it's every time. it takes forever to actually play the game b/c i have to reboot and reboot and reboot until it'll work.

*edit* i can't play it at all now. i've just rebooted 4 times in a row and i get the same error. the only thing i found was: this which just says make sure your disc is clean and this is how to run a log and email us the info and MAYBE we'll get back to you. it's due to SecuRom being installed on your computer in order to run BV.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 2:08 AM
i just uninatall and uinstall the game wheni want to play but make sure you back up you sims 2 ea floder in the my doc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 6:52 PM
ea was no help at all ill keep a look out and hope someone finds a fix to this
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 11:33 PM
yea, the only option i can think of is to just buy a new disc (which is RETARDED b/c i already own the d*mn game). but if i DO buy a new one, will it work since the registration number on the new disc will differ from the registration number on the old one?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#20 Old 31st Jan 2008 at 12:10 AM
Yes, it will work. I own two copies of each game owing to having two homes and I only registered each game once...the second copy at my second home has never been registered and plays just fine. Registration of the game is not mandatory.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 6:10 AM
i might try that and see how it works
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 11:21 AM
I have had this same problem and this is what I find works. I bought my copy from HMV...

Load the game before you have the disk in the drive.
It will ask you to insert the disk, do it.
If it fails and asks for the original disk try again.

It's quite frustrating as I don't have any kind of software like that or "bad" copies of the sims and it makes you look like you were a cheap ass and wouldn't buy a proper copy! I like the way EA don't wanna help as well.. *grumbles*

Be mesmerised by my dancing kitty!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 5:16 AM
OK i found the suslation
you need to update the firmwere for you driver
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vertex
Have you downloaded the patch?
Have you checked that there are no questions like this answered in the official Sims2 forum?
Just check all these.
It should help you.

Hello I am now having the same problem with my apartment life. What do you mean by all these? I have never heard of these before. Do you mind specifying so I can understand better please?
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koolaid
OK i found the suslation
you need to update the firmwere for you driver

how do you do that?
Page 1 of 2