Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 8:36 AM
Default A somewhat ambitious idea, need help
Ok I wanted to create a new mesh buit of an exsisting one. The idea was to convert a pair of heels and a dress for male sims. However I have only had a small bit of experience with Mesh editing from Oblivion but nothing too extensive. So I am in need of a tutorial and list of stuff i may need for this.

If I am successful with just a few meshes I may convert all female clothing to male. Yet I am still unsure if this is possible.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 9:24 AM
You're not going to find a full tutorial for that. But basically, you need CTU (to extract an existing mesh and then put your edited mesh in-game), Milkshape (to edit the mesh) and Q-Mesh (a Milkshape plugin that will let you work with TS3 body meshes). Beyond that it's mainly a matter of just reshaping the body. If you look at my hair tutorial, it should at least get you started (and provides links to the stuff I mentioned). I think daluved1 was working on a CTU manual too, that may have a bit more info on using it for meshes.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You're not going to find a full tutorial for that. But basically, you need CTU (to extract an existing mesh and then put your edited mesh in-game), Milkshape (to edit the mesh) and Q-Mesh (a Milkshape plugin that will let you work with TS3 body meshes). Beyond that it's mainly a matter of just reshaping the body. If you look at my hair tutorial, it should at least get you started (and provides links to the stuff I mentioned). I think daluved1 was working on a CTU manual too, that may have a bit more info on using it for meshes.

Ok Thanks I will have a look at that and see how things turn out.