Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:11 PM
Does this amount of plants look okay. I trying to keep the number down so it will run okay on mid to low end machines.

Most of the textures are recolored images I found on the intenet. One grass texture was extracted from one of EA's many games. The sands are recolored textures of maritine's rocky sand. Here is a link to a download that has all of Reye's textures in it. I hope this is helpfull for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uxssn72g52dnofa
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:55 PM
It's good! Though I miss some of the green. This makes it looks very Midwestern/Desert-y.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Scholar
#28 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:10 AM
I would add back some of the greenery, maybe just a touch more shrubs, and more green terrain paint. Then, I think you would have a happy medium.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Instructor
#29 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:51 AM
I love the way it is now! Even better than before!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 1:51 PM
i think it looks perfect! very lifelike!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 6:00 PM
It looks good, but it looked so much better before with more vegetation in my opinion.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Alchemist
#32 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 6:14 PM
The discussion about the vegatation can go on, and Quer will never get further then this cliff
I actually like both, but I think less vegatation is better for mid and low end PC's

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#33 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 8:35 AM
^^ I agree. I think if you just add a few more hints of green terrain paint to the cliff it will be perfect.
Instructor
#34 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Redhead Creations : 27th Oct 2011 at 8:38 PM.
To piggy back on Jay, I agree with that. A couple spots of that green terrain paint that was there before and perhaps a couple of those green bushes tossed around for good measure. That would be a nice middle ground and still give it that beachy/Californian feel.

[EDIT] Ooh, and that tree back out on the edge, that was purdy. =)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 8:37 PM
I like the less is more look. I haven't been to California, but I think it looks wonderful.

Thank you for the link

Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 10:24 PM
It looks amazing, I love what you've done so far!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 4:05 AM
just a tiny bit of progress

Quote: Originally posted by RylandHomes
It looks good, but it looked so much better before with more vegetation in my opinion.

It looked better up close but from afar it had a few problems.

Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
To piggy back on Jay, I agree with that. A couple spots of that green terrain paint that was there before and perhaps a couple of those green bushes tossed around for good measure. That would be a nice middle ground and still give it that beachy/Californian feel.

[EDIT] Ooh, and that tree back out on the edge, that was purdy. =)

I still need to go do this.
Instructor
#38 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 5:48 AM
Wow. I love this world!
Scholar
#39 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 9:41 AM
Wow, terrific terrain work! You really nailed the color palette, and the sculpting is outstanding. I still can't help feel that the vegetation is a little bare, though...

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 10:20 AM
I have 'borrowed' the terrain paints for my western world. Many thanks for sharing. The terrain is looking great - you must have incredible patience!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#41 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 3:17 PM
I think this looks fantastic! Too bad we can't have proper lots on the water! You could stick a diner at the end since that certainly seems to be a California thing!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 9:08 PM
Okay so I like the new terrain better than the first one, with the flooded vegetation, but as it is, it's just so bare, you know? Still looks amazing, especially from afar, but the plants seems few and far-between by the house.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 30th Oct 2011 at 10:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BartholomewMaximillion
Okay so I like the new terrain better than the first one, with the flooded vegetation, but as it is, it's just so bare, you know? Still looks amazing, especially from afar, but the plants seems few and far-between by the house.

A good number of shrubs and grass will be placed in the terrain surrounding the building once the terrain behind the structure it is completed .
Instructor
#44 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 2:10 AM
I really like this! It's so pretty. I personally like it with less bushes, the terrain paint conveys enough the feeling that something there is alive.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 4:58 PM
Beautiful but doesn't look like Point Reyes. I suggest you post a few pictures because I remember much more green than you put in your picture. Your vegetation is more southern Cal than nothern, where the temps are cooler and much more humid. It is a beautiful area and I would love to see it less desert and more northern California. We are not getting enough worlds in that region of the country.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Beautiful but doesn't look like Point Reyes. I suggest you post a few pictures because I remember much more green than you put in your picture. Your vegetation is more southern Cal than nothern, where the temps are cooler and much more humid. It is a beautiful area and I would love to see it less desert and more northern California. We are not getting enough worlds in that region of the country.

If I was going with winter , spring , or summer I would fully agree with you. Instead,I'm going for what it looks like late in the fall. Here are a few pictures that I took while there. It gets pretty brown during the fall.

After I've finished the terrain painting on the fall version I will probably make a green spring version. I would probably also build a northern California next if I had good pictures. Something similar to Eureka or whatever is in that area.
Alchemist
#47 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:48 PM
It looks very nice so far, keep up!

Lol at post #37 last picture, the sign saying no llamas allowed?!

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#48 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 9:56 PM
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 11:54 PM
I love your stunning recreation, such great source pictures <3
Your palette and attention to details is just wonderful
Scholar
#50 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:29 AM
Amazing work, Ouer!

Sensitivity is strength.
Page 2 of 31