Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#751 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any change. Thanks for the work though!

That's really quite bothersome...it must be stored someone in the verts, but I have no idea how it is stored in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
Test Subject
#752 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 4:59 AM
There is something to complain about the lighthouse, I really don't like how it looks neither the previous version. How can I do some change of it? It is like I cannot do it in game because the lighthouse itself is a decoration in world tool. And if I delete the lighthouse and replace it with some version I had there will be a huge light stuck in the mid air and I cannot move it in games neither. It must be done in CAW, right?

BTW, very impressive with a huge changes of police station interior, looks incredibly amazing.
Mad Poster
#753 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LLTY90
There is something to complain about the lighthouse, I really don't like how it looks neither the previous version. How can I do some change of it? It is like I cannot do it in game because the lighthouse itself is a decoration in world tool. And if I delete the lighthouse and replace it with some version I had there will be a huge light stuck in the mid air and I cannot move it in games neither. It must be done in CAW, right?

BTW, very impressive with a huge changes of police station interior, looks incredibly amazing.

The problem was that the previous lighthouse didn't allow the light effect to shine if the lot unloaded to the low-definition version- which kind of defeats the point of a lighthouse!

IMO the better solution would be to try a custom recolor of the lighthouse to something you'd like instead.
Test Subject
#754 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 2:23 PM
The problem was that the previous lighthouse didn't allow the light effect to shine if the lot unloaded to the low-definition version- which kind of defeats the point of a lighthouse!

IMO the better solution would be to try a custom recolor of the lighthouse to something you'd like instead.

The lighthouse itself is a decoration in edit town, there is no way I can recolor or modify it.

Somehow, I try to modify the police station and I have problem with the roof. It seems like I cannot build any types of the roof but "hipped roof" and its like all the roof tools are locked. It doesn't allowed me to change the pattern and the angle of the roof. This happen only with the police station lot, I don't know why.
Mad Poster
#755 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 3:44 PM
You can alter the lighthouse by importing new textures:

I.e. this one: http://modthesims.info/d/510038

You need to to enter in "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off" in the cheat bar to gain access to certain lots.
Test Subject
#756 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 4:52 PM
You can alter the lighthouse by importing new textures:

I.e. this one: http://modthesims.info/d/510038

You need to to enter in "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off" in the cheat bar to gain access to certain lots.

Thanks about the cheat code, you start to make me wonder why you use so many lock codes.
Lab Assistant
#757 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 6:30 PM
Fantastic world. Absolutely amazing for a seaside holiday story and gameplay. Huge congrats on finally getting it done as well
Mad Poster
#758 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LLTY90
Thanks about the cheat code, you start to make me wonder why you use so many lock codes.

They're not locked, this is what happens when you place the Skiplevel or Hiddenroom objects.
Lab Assistant
#759 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 9:40 PM
They're not locked, this is what happens when you place the Skiplevel or Hiddenroom objects.

Pretty much, same when building apartment buildings, it's just how the game is coded.
Test Subject
#760 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 3:41 AM Last edited by LLTY90 : 11th Jun 2015 at 5:34 AM.

Quote: Originally posted by baskerwil
Pretty much, same when building apartment buildings, it's just how the game is coded.

Okay, I think I understand how things work now, thanks.
I just try to learn how buildings and lots were created so I can adapt to use the technique on my own CAW project.
Instructor
#761 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 12:02 PM
I apologize for replying this thread after a 20 months break, but I downloaded this neighborhood just this year, and I haven't found a bit more detailed player's review about it - just to know what to be prepared for. Maybe other players who would be interested in downloading Reyes County might find useful some feedback?

Important note, that I play now this world without two EPs: I have no Pets and Supernaturals. The world works more or less smoothly without them, but needs one or two corrections, see the notes below.

- So first of all, the world is just as beautiful as in the pictures of the thread, and even more! It's like you walk inside a painting. Or in a John Steinbeck novel. It's very strongly "themed", but I like strictly themed neighborhoods. Since the whole neighborhood has a "time stopped here around the fifties" vibe, very very "East of Eden" or "The Grapes of Wrath", that I recommend it for those who don't mind it. I personally love it because it matches my vintage gameplay style, and I can play it as if we are in the 30s-40s. I wouldn't recommend it for those who seek a contemporary /postmodern experience. - But it's a paradise for late Victorian architecture fans!

- It hasn't crashed, and it doesn't lag most of the time (sometimes it does, but not worse than any other EA neighborhoods), although it's my first generation of sims and I know as the second generation grows, it can become harder. I haven't found basic routing issues, all the sims can enter or move around the rabbithole rugs smoothly.

- Missing registers: It was odd that I couldn't find the Register in neither the Nectary nor the Consignment shop, I don't think it was intentional. But it's easy to replace them from Buy mode /community objects.

- Fire Station problem: the fire station on the main street was set to "No Visitors Allowed" for me when I started to play. I tried to re-set it to "Fire station" to make it functional for firefighter sims, but it didn't allow me to do that, no matter what I tried to change on the lot (deleting several objects, replacing the lot, etc.). Finally I gave up and I have to find another solution to have a fire station in town.

- Missing EP objects: if you don't have Pets or Supernaturals, the most obvious loss will be a bridge between the town and the nectary /vineyard area. The bridge object is missing for me but the data is there because my active sims can cross the invisible bridge by car or taxi without problems. Non-active townies and NPCs can also cross it by car, but sometimes they stop and try to find an alternate route by boat, and it significantly slows down their schedule (to reach their office hours or dates). It helps if active sims cross the bridge regularly because it urges the non-active ones to use it the same way (by car).

- Other missing EP objects: here and there one can discover some missing objects from Pets ot Supernaturals, but it doesn't affect gameplay - like, for example, the missing lamp posts on the streets; they are invisible, but they highlight the streets regardless. Another example is the Hospital/Science rabbithole building: it's from Pets, so it's been missing for me, but luckily I have Monte Vista which has exactly the same-looking hospital/science rabbithole, so I replaced the missing one easily.

- Details that I discover every day and love: the lights are mostly set to a yellowish color. One cannot understand it at first, why it is so, but once you take a drive on the country roads by car during night time, and you see the yellowish lights on the porches as you passes by them, you understand. It so reminds me of my childhood car travels, it's so retro. - One of my active families live in the town next to the Police/Military building; each morning at 5.00 AM we can hear the "reveille" trumpets from the military station, it's so lovely. - And many more...

All the world is an excellent work, and especially the buildings from the 1880s-1910s era are built amazingly, all are masterpieces worth to look at even for those who don't want to play the world itself.
Page 31 of 31