Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 9:15 PM
Default Newbish Question About Sleeves
Hi guys! I'm very new to meshing and I get a bit confused sometimes. I've made a few really simple edits, but that's about it.

Anyway, I've always wanted to take the long sleeves off of several Maxis meshes--I don't wear long sleeves ever and don't want to put them on my sims either. What's the best way to go about this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 8:33 PM
The easiest way to do this is to replace the arms completely. Find a mesh with a sleeve/arm you like (short-sleeved, sleeveless, etc.) and chop the arms off at the shoulder. Then, on the mesh you're trying to alter, chop off the long sleeves you don't like and replace them with the chopped-off sleeves/arms you do like. Line up all the vertices and bones and normals at the join, of course, just like you'd do for any other mesh. That's about it! (It's really no different than replacing shoes, although it might be a little more fiddly because you're working at the shoulder and there are bone assignments to consider. But the basic principle is the same.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
The easiest way to do this is to replace the arms completely. Find a mesh with a sleeve/arm you like (short-sleeved, sleeveless, etc.) and chop the arms off at the shoulder. Then, on the mesh you're trying to alter, chop off the long sleeves you don't like and replace them with the chopped-off sleeves/arms you do like. Line up all the vertices and bones and normals at the join, of course, just like you'd do for any other mesh. That's about it! (It's really no different than replacing shoes, although it might be a little more fiddly because you're working at the shoulder and there are bone assignments to consider. But the basic principle is the same.)

Thank you! That helps.