Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:23 PM
Default easel paintings missing (EP 1-11)
Hi,

Where are the easel paintings from EP 1-11?
I know that the basegame paintings are in FullBuild2.package in the basegame folder, but where is the rest?
Where can I find the paintings from the EP's? I know there are new ones! Have you seen them?

Tell me, please!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 5:13 PM
Every expansion pack has an own package, as the base game has FullBuild0-2.
For example ITF has its package in The Sims 3 Into the Future\GameData\Shared\Packages, and the package from Pets is in The Sims 3 Pets\GameData\Shared\Packages.
Some EPs have multiple packages, so you have to check each of them.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 5:19 PM
There are some in the DeltaBuild2 file.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 6:41 PM
@anagy00000: There are no easel paintings, but thanks.

@Shimrod101: DeltaBuild2 are the 10 Into the Future paintings. Thanks!!!

Now I have:
Small: 57
Medium: 61
Large: 50
Total: 168
But there are still some missing like the large one with the red hills or the small light blue with the dots.

Edit: EA is so lazy/nice that they named the pictures with numbers. So I know that level 8 picture 5-7 large are still missing.
Let's see how finds them first

Edit 2: Have you ever notice that there is a 3 parted picture? Try to get 4_4_large, 5_5_large and 3_1_large.
Or that a large level 2 picture looks much like a large brilliant one... (the red-yellow / yellow-red-guy)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 9:23 PM
I don't know if you found what you were looking for or not, and I know this post was from over a year ago, but I wanted to share this information with you in case you were still looking/in case others try to find it.

In GameplayData.package there is an XML file called "PaintingSkillDB" that tells you what all of the paintings you can do on the easel are called, what EP they come from (it's called SKU in the file) and other important information such as the minimum and maximum skills you can paint each picture at. While I have not gone through Small and Medium as close as I have large, I will tell you the following:

8_5_Large through 8_7_Large do not exist as paint-able images, they don't have an entry in the PaintingSkillDB.

The red picture that you've got showing is a Masterpiece. They and Brilliant Paintings are named differently than the ##_##_SIZE paintings. Instead they are:

Brilliant_#_Size_Letter_HEXSTRING
Masterpiece_Size_#_HEXSTRING

There has got to be a file somewhere that says what HEXSTRING is Equal to "Can't stand Art" for the Masterpiece_LARGE_1, but I haven't found that particular file. Usually you can guess by the look of the image however. I haven't pulled the small images yet, so I haven't found the blue with dots. I've been focusing on modding the large images for myself. But if you're still active on here, and you're still interested about the blue image I can see what I can find.

I can tell you this though, all of the Easel Paintings are base game until you get to EP11/Into the Future for both Small and Large, with the images from EP11 being added to the DeltaBuild2.package under the Sims 3 main game. Medium has some Designer images, that require the Occupation Interior Designer and some Fashion images that require the Stylist Occupation and are part of EP2. I'm not sure where those are located, but my guess would be in the Ambitions folder, under game data\shared and whatever that package is named. I'm only guessing here, but because they match the naming scheme of the sketch book images added in EP9/University and the sketchbook images are located in University\GameData\Shared\FullBuild_p18.package.