Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 2:00 PM
Default How To Script To Read XML Data
Hi everyone
I'm trying to do a mod which requires reading custom XML data, similar to those in RecipeMasterList or Books XML files, using script. From looking in the training tones of the Pets training posts, I find out that I can define a new Tuning class which contains further tunables and declare a Tuning tunable in the XML of the script. However, that means the number of Tunings is set in stone unlike RecipeMasterList, the script reads all the data in the XML file, no matter how many you add in. So, how to achieve that, basically? For the purpose of my mod I actually see a low prospect of people wanting to add in custom XML entries for it (ie most of the data is created by me only, hence I can have things hardcoded completely) but I just want to know if it is actually easy, for the sake of handy editing of a lot of parts of the mod. If you are interested, it is actually a cooking competition mod which should contain data for various competition topics.

Matthew