Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 1:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 Store Edition is Terminating (Crashing)!!!!!!
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/2/2013, 20:34:17
Machine name: DELL
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130108-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 7720
BIOS: A12
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8048MB RAM
Page File: 2144MB used, 10512MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

I have No custom Content I even Uninstalled and Re-installed and It crashes
It seems to Crash more in CAS than it does anywhere else Buts it crashes sometimes out of CAS
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:01 AM
Do you have a video card?

Has this ever worked for you? Many people are having problems with Sims on Windows 8.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Do you have a video card?

Has this ever worked for you? Many people are having problems with Sims on Windows 8.

I have 2 Video cards The game run fast and Everything seems to work But some reason it keeps Crashing.
Site Helper
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:02 PM
Crashing is an indication that everything is not working. In fact, crashing is an indication that something catastrophic went wrong. Windows 8 is known to have problems. You might want to check out this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=489876

Please list your video cards. Are you sure that you're using the right one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 10:58 PM
Crashing is an indication that everything is not working. In fact, crashing is an indication that something catastrophic went wrong. Windows 8 is known to have problems. You might want to check out this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=489876

Please list your video cards. Are you sure that you're using the right one?

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_05781028&REV_09
Display Memory: 1664 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: AUO159E
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.062Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 9.17.0010.2849 (English)
Site Helper
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 11:21 PM
You definitely shouldn't be playing the game with onboard graphics. You can damage your computer doing that.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nboard_Graphics
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...r_is_Like_a_Car

Do you have the specs for your real graphics card?

Check out this article for swapping to your other graphics card:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481768
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 12:22 AM Last edited by Taylor1880 : 4th Apr 2013 at 12:36 AM.
You definitely shouldn't be playing the game with onboard graphics. You can damage your computer doing that.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nboard_Graphics
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...r_is_Like_a_Car

Do you have the specs for your real graphics card?

Check out this article for swapping to your other graphics card:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481768

I don't understand I had a computers along time ago with bad Specs but ran the game Fine?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 12:44 AM
And if you read those articles, you'll see that yes, the games does seem to run fine on underpowered grahpics chips sometimes. For awhile. By the time the you start seeing signs of damage, the chip and perhaps even the motherboard may be a loss.
Site Helper
#9 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:12 AM
Yes, that's correct. It sounds like you've been damaging your computer for some time now and your computer is starting to show the wear and tear. That second article that I linked in my last post tries to explain it in less technical terms.

Unless you actually have a graphics card in your computer, and unless you've actually been using your graphics card to play the game (rather than a chip on your motherboard), you have been damaging your computer every time that you play the game. These crashes seem to indicate that your computer has reached it's breaking point.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 2:29 AM
Yes, that's correct. It sounds like you've been damaging your computer for some time now and your computer is starting to show the wear and tear. That second article that I linked in my last post tries to explain it in less technical terms.

Unless you actually have a graphics card in your computer, and unless you've actually been using your graphics card to play the game (rather than a chip on your motherboard), you have been damaging your computer every time that you play the game. These crashes seem to indicate that your computer has reached it's breaking point.

My Computer is fine my graphic cards is Great Im just not gonna bother with Windows 8 Im just gonna go back to Windows 7 c: Okay
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Taylor1880
My Computer is fine my graphic cards is Great Im just not gonna bother with Windows 8 Im just gonna go back to Windows 7 c: Okay

How is the sims 2 Hurting my graphics card and the sims 3 isnt? I can play the sims 3 for hours but the sims 2 crashes When i get in cas
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 11:51 AM
How is the sims 2 Hurting my graphics card and the sims 3 isnt? I can play the sims 3 for hours but the sims 2 crashes When i get in cas

If you're using an underpowered graphics chip, both games will be damaging your computer. You're obviously only seeing the damage with TS2 at the moment. Computers are funny things like that.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Site Helper
#13 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 3:39 PM
I'm sorry. No one wants to hear that their computer is inadequate to play the game. No one wants to hear that they are damaging their computer by playing. Unfortunately, now that these onboard graphics chips are common, we see a lot of people with this problem.

The decision is yours. You asked why you are getting crashes. We've tried to explain the problem. It's your decision whether to continue to play or not.

When your computer stops working and you need to replace it, I'd like to suggest that you look over our system specs FAQs and tell us about your new computer before you purchase it. We have some knowledgeable people here who should be able to help you pick a computer which is adequate to play these games.
Banned
#14 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 4:19 PM

That won't help. At all. And it's not "fine" and your graphics chip (not a card) is actually terrible, not "great." But if you don't want to listen...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
That won't help. At all. And it's not "fine" and your graphics chip (not a card) is actually terrible, not "great." But if you don't want to listen...

I went to Can i run it, And Check if the sims 2 Would play It said Everything is fine But my OS it recommends me go back to Windows 7

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 9:33 AM
[QUOTE=Taylor1880]I went to Can i run it, And Check if the sims 2 Would play It said Everything is fine But my OS it recommends me go back to Windows 7

I also found a Post of whats Similar to whats happening to my game

I don't understand why people are having problems playing the game on W8. I think something may be going wrong with the install (some files not transferring correctly) or maybe a joint hardware/software compatibility issue. I had problems installing the game (like others) but after using the grumpy loader in this thread I got the game to install. Since then, I have played the game extensively, for hours at a time and even surf the web (read: MTS) during loading screens without any problems. Body shop and CAS work fine and all my CC work. I don't think it's solely a W8 issue.

After my initial reluctance, I have to say I kind of like W8, it just takes some getting used to. I found the apps to be too slow to load to be helpful (especially the weather app, it was faster to just go online and check it yourself), so I just deleted all of them. I miss XP's games (the ones on 7 and especially 8 suck balls). But once I got the Start menu how I wanted it, got rid of the stupid apps and the Sony bloatware, I really like W8. It's so faaaaast! That's probably the best thing about. I turn my cold computer on and it's operational in literally 20 seconds. I have never had a computer start up so fast. I can run simulations for my research in record time...but now that I think of it, it could just be my processor.

Bottom line: If you can get TS2 to work, W8 isn't so bad. :-)

Motilda i think you cover this Put Most of the crashing is when I create a Sim I loaded a Dog once I didnt really see if the Featured Work but when I Pressed the Add a sim Thingy
it would Crash
Site Helper
#17 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 4:01 PM
"Can I run it?" sites are not reliable:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=346215

We don't recommend running the game without a graphics card, even if you go back to Windows 7.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Taylor1880]I went to Can i run it, And Check if the sims 2 Would play It said Everything is fine But my OS it recommends me go back to Windows 7

I also found a Post of whats Similar to whats happening to my game

I don't understand why people are having problems playing the game on W8. I think something may be going wrong with the install (some files not transferring correctly) or maybe a joint hardware/software compatibility issue. I had problems installing the game (like others) but after using the grumpy loader in this thread I got the game to install. Since then, I have played the game extensively, for hours at a time and even surf the web (read: MTS) during loading screens without any problems. Body shop and CAS work fine and all my CC work. I don't think it's solely a W8 issue.

After my initial reluctance, I have to say I kind of like W8, it just takes some getting used to. I found the apps to be too slow to load to be helpful (especially the weather app, it was faster to just go online and check it yourself), so I just deleted all of them. I miss XP's games (the ones on 7 and especially 8 suck balls). But once I got the Start menu how I wanted it, got rid of the stupid apps and the Sony bloatware, I really like W8. It's so faaaaast! That's probably the best thing about. I turn my cold computer on and it's operational in literally 20 seconds. I have never had a computer start up so fast. I can run simulations for my research in record time...but now that I think of it, it could just be my processor.

Bottom line: If you can get TS2 to work, W8 isn't so bad. :-)

Motilda i think you cover this Put Most of the crashing is when I create a Sim I loaded a Dog once I didnt really see if the Featured Work but when I Pressed the Add a sim Thingy
it would Crash

I have Graphics Card NVIDIA Geforce GT 650M
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:30 AM
I Talked to EA about the Issue EA are informed about Window 8 Problem And their Making a Patch to Fix the CAS error and the Store Edition Crash c:
Banned
#20 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:43 AM
I doubt it. They're not going to bother fixing a game they stopped updating almost 5 years ago for a new OS when they already shut down the official website. They want people to abandon the game and move to sims 3 - or 4 if it comes out in the next year or so. Then they can make it online only and force people to change for the next version. I would trust EA about as far as I can throw an M1 tank (I'm IRL disabled and can't lift more than about 25 lbs BTW)

Though the thing with your graphics card is a whole new ball game - didn't look it up but a real graphics card is better than a chip regardless and it may indeed be up to playing the game. Hopefully it is for your sake. Graphics chips are terrible.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:17 AM
I doubt it. They're not going to bother fixing a game they stopped updating almost 5 years ago for a new OS when they already shut down the official website. They want people to abandon the game and move to sims 3 - or 4 if it comes out in the next year or so. Then they can make it online only and force people to change for the next version. I would trust EA about as far as I can throw an M1 tank (I'm IRL disabled and can't lift more than about 25 lbs BTW)

Though the thing with your graphics card is a whole new ball game - didn't look it up but a real graphics card is better than a chip regardless and it may indeed be up to playing the game. Hopefully it is for your sake. Graphics chips are terrible.

Go to ea Live chat and and ask them about the patch, Im not gonna make something up, Okay good.
Banned
#22 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:22 AM
I said I don't trust EA. Maybe you won't make something up, but they will. Or they don't know what the hell they're talking about - that's been rather common from people talking on the EA chat.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:32 AM
I said I don't trust EA. Maybe you won't make something up, but they will. Or they don't know what the hell they're talking about - that's been rather common from people talking on the EA chat.

I was Talking to about The issue and They had many people have the problem im having but they Understanded more than What all of you guys were talking about, They said it wasn't a Graphic problem. They said their Will be a Patch soon But their No Release date Yet.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:14 AM
Taylor1880, you've asked for and received a lot of advice on your situation. You don't like the answers you've been given, which is understandable. Who enjoys hearing their computer isn't up to playing a favorite game, and may already be fried from trying?

You're perfectly free to choose to believe Can You Run It and all the nice EA customer service reps instead, so why are you still here, wasting your time trying to convince us we're wrong?

Go, take the advice you like best, leave the rest, and do your thing. At some point, what's true and who can be trusted will become VERY clear.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Taylor1880, you've asked for and received a lot of advice on your situation. You don't like the answers you've been given, which is understandable. Who enjoys hearing their computer isn't up to playing a favorite game, and may already be fried from trying?

You're perfectly free to choose to believe Can You Run It and all the nice EA customer service reps instead, so why are you still here, wasting your time trying to convince us we're wrong?

Go, take the advice you like best, leave the rest, and do your thing. At some point, what's true and who can be trusted will become VERY clear.

Omg My computer plays the Game fine When it had windows 7 on it I played for half a year Q~Q This is no help, Please somebody please Shut this Forum down
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: Answered
Page 1 of 2